Old 12th December 2011, 15:38   #1
cuddles71

sc_trans Skipping Tracks?

Ok, so today's playlist looks like this:

Quote:
/mnt/music/8/80 Drums Around the World/80 Drums Around the World - Caravan.mp3
/mnt/music/G/Guild, The/Guild, The - Game On (A Bollywood Themed Gamer's Anthem).mp3
/mnt/music/B/Big Sean/Big Sean - My Last.mp3
/mnt/vault/Holiday Music/Christmas/Lord Nelson/Lord Nelson - A Party for Santa Claus.mp3
/mnt/music/A/Adele/Adele - Take It All.mp3
/mnt/music/K/Katy Perry/Katy Perry - The One That Got Away.mp3
/mnt/vault/Holiday Music/Christmas/Bob Rivers/Bob Rivers - Police Stopped My Car.mp3
/mnt/vault/Holiday Music/Christmas/Wild Man Fischer/Wild Man Fischer - I'm a Christmas Tree.mp3
/mnt/music/N/Nicki Minaj/Nicki Minaj - Roman's Revenge.mp3
/mnt/music/W/Wale/Wale - Lotus Flower Bomb.mp3
/mnt/vault/Holiday Music/Christmas/Vanessa Renee Williams/Vanessa Renee Williams - Oh Holy Night.mp3
A mix of the usual day-to-day tracks (located in /mnt/music), and Christmas music (located in /mnt/vault).

The trouble is, sc_trans is ignoring EVERY track that's in /mnt/vault for some reason! Yes, that mountpoint is fully accessible. If I FORCE it to play a track from there (using a priority playlist) it plays fine. But any track in the main playlist that isn't in /mnt/music is just treated as if it's not there. No error messages, just not played.

sc_trans version is drop 6 version 2 revision 39 (latest one that works for our system).

What's causing this?
cuddles71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 15:59   #2
DrO

there's not much i can / do suggest as the build you're using pre-dates everything i've worked on and it could be anything from a bug in the version of sc_trans being used to a permissions issue from the playlist being used or random characters in the playlist.

i guess you could try enabling some of the debug logging options to see if that gives more detail about the issue. otherwise i really cannot remember why you're using such an old version and there's not much on my side which can be done against that build, sorry.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2011, 16:21   #3
cuddles71

Ok, trying the new build (54) to see if that will fix anything....

Moments later:

Quote:
2011-12-12 11:16:52 W msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] The playlist entry /mnt/vault/Holiday Music/Christmas/Owl City/Owl City - The Christmas Song.mp3 generated no entries
2011-12-12 11:16:52 W msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] The playlist entry /mnt/vault/Holiday Music/Christmas/Fats Domino/Fats Domino - Jingle Bells.mp3 generated no entries
2011-12-12 11:16:52 W msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] The playlist entry /mnt/vault/Holiday Music/Christmas/Atom/Atom - Christmastime Is Sequenced.mp3 generated no entries
2011-12-12 11:16:52 W msg:[PLAYLISTMGR] The playlist entry /mnt/vault/Holiday Music/Christmas/Low/Low - Just Like Christmas.mp3 generated no entries
Still skipping any music in /mnt/vault. Anything I can do to get a more verbose log?
Old 12th December 2011, 16:42   #4
DrO

firstly i'd make sure there's no whitespace on the end of the playlist entries and also the same for the actual files themselves (have seen that happen about a month back). as for more verbose output, there's the debug logging options which can be enabled.

-daz
Old 12th December 2011, 16:52   #5
cuddles71

That got it! Added a sed to remove leading and trailing whitespace, and it works!

Thanks for all the help! Now I just need to figure out where that whitespace is coming from....
Old 12th December 2011, 17:03   #6
DrO

guess it is useful the random things i remember at times hopefully you'll quickly work out the cause of the issue.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions