Old 10th January 2003, 21:42   #1
pdykstra600

Audio Clean-up?

are there any 'audio clean-up' plugins available for winamp3? some of my music (older music recorded in analog mode) has a static sound in the background, ive seen other media players which are able to remove this static, however i could not find an option for this in winamp. are there any plugins avaialbe to do this?
Old 10th January 2003, 22:51   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Try using waveOut instead of DirectSound (or the other way around). This may solve your problem.

CTRL+P for preferences
Audio > Output method

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 11th January 2003, 18:01   #3
pdykstra600

no didnt work.. problem is that the the static is in the music itself, its not caused by any sound card setting or winamp setting.. its cause it was recorded in analog mode whereas new music is recorded digitally. creative playcenter has a setting that removes this static from analog songs, but i like winamp much better than that so i was hoping there was a way i could reduce the static using winamp
Old 11th January 2003, 23:55   #4
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Ok. I see now. Not possible with Winamp3 as far as I know. You would need a program that can allow you to filter out the static, or use some form of noise reduction. One proggie that can do this is Cool Edit, although I'm sure there are many others too. Even so, ANY filtering process also degrades the sound quality of the total song as it filters out the "noise" (static, as you said). So, even though you have seen other media players which are able to remove this "static", the overall song quality would have had to have been degraded too.

Anyway, try out Cool Edit. It will probably do a better job than any media "player" can do, insofar as not degrading the overall sound quality as much. Also, look here too > Software for Sound Recording, Editing, MP3 Files, Noise Reduction, and Special Effects

Perhaps someone else can suggest another alternative though.
Old 13th January 2003, 01:10   #5
pdykstra600

alrite thanks, i will check out those sites.

@nullsoft, it might not be a bad idea to consider a feature like this in a future version.

Old 13th October 2003, 01:14   #6
docherty

I just submited JackAMP 3 a component to remove noise especialy crackle and static. Im not sure how long it takes to get reviewed and published.
Old 13th October 2003, 01:33   #7
JonnyMac

I have use your JackAMP plug-in for Classic Winamp. Thank you - Nice DSP I have even suggested it in another thread.

Ok, I admit that I may be abetting a "shameless plug", however I wanted to show my appreciation for the plug-in.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion