Old 4th January 2005, 20:56   #1
MegaRock
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to MegaRock Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRock
Baghdad Governor, 5 Troops Killed

But I did not shoot the deputy...

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The governor of Baghdad province was assassinated Tuesday morning in the Iraqi capital, an Iraq Interior Ministry official said.

A bodyguard for Gov. Ali Al-Haidri also was killed and two other guards wounded in the road ambush, officials said.

Witnesses said they saw an intense gunbattle between the assassins and the governor's bodyguards.

Al-Haidri was among the senior members of Iraq's Interim government. He had survived an assassination attempt in September when attackers ambushed his convoy using a roadside bomb and firing machine guns, the Interior Ministry said.

U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell, speaking to reporters in Thailand on a tour of tsunami-stricken areas, said news of the assassination saddened him.

"It once again shows that there are these murderers and terrorists, former regime elements in Iraq, that don't want to see an election," Powell said. "They want to go back to the tyranny of the Saddam Hussein regime, and that's not going to happen. The Iraqi people don't want it to happen."

Question: If the people of Iraq want this so badly and they greatly outnumber the insurgents why are none of them standing up and doing anything about it?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
Don't click this link!
Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
MegaRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2005, 21:12   #2
CaboWaboAddict
Forum Sot
(Major Dude)

Re: Baghdad Governor, 5 Troops Killed

Quote:
Originally posted by MegaRock
Question: If the people of Iraq want this so badly and they greatly outnumber the insurgents why are none of them standing up and doing anything about it?
Maybe because they are frightened of what has been happening for the last 20 years or so, and would rather not piss-off the wrong people.

Idiot's Advocate
My site (under construction)
CaboWaboAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2005, 21:53   #3
mikeflca
Major Dude

I agree with cabo. They can stay silent or speak up and die.........not much of a choice.

mikeflca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2005, 23:14   #4
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

You can say what you like about the iraq war, but Saddam kept these motherfuckers in line.

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2005, 00:08   #5
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Quote:
Originally posted by will
You can say what you like about the iraq war, but Saddam kept these motherfuckers in line.
More like he paid them to do the dirty work for him.

Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2005, 00:20   #6
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Re: Baghdad Governor, 5 Troops Killed

Quote:

Because the iraq people have been given the "you work with anyone other than us, we kill you, your mother, your father, your brothers sisters aunts uncles, and everyone you know." speech.

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2005, 02:47   #7
MegaRock
Forum King

Again though, at least from what news reports have said those on the 'other side' are a very small minority. The other side is described as a 'vast majority'.

Since it seems EVERYONE in Iraq owns guns and weapons and it's pretty likely everyone who lives there knows who is on what side why can't the 'vast majority' go out and kill the 'small minority'?

Seems no matter what happens the 'other side' is killing their people and their chance of freedom from the opressors anyway. Cars just drive down the street and kill people. People are tortured and beheaded. Their people are getting killed left and right anyway.

Seems if this was anywhere else and they really wanted this election to take place they would take up arms and have a civil war against that small minority. If all the people of Iraq stood up and did this that minority wouldn't stand a chance.

Remember, the same circumstances existed in Afghanistan. The same type of situations existed and the opponents just as dangerous. Yet Afghanistan is mostly at peace and the people of Iraq just seem to be completely uninvolved in gaining their own freedom.

Yes, the bad people can kill everyone the good people know - but not if the good people kill them first.

Don't click this link!
Old 5th January 2005, 03:02   #8
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:

Since it seems EVERYONE in Iraq owns guns and weapons...
Right...
Because if I was Saddam and I wanted to rule an authoritarian regime first thing I know that I'd do is give EVERYONE guns...

Quote:
Yes, the bad people can kill everyone the good people know - but not if the good people kill them first.
You do know you're talking about sunni Muslums, whom if they were to kill another muslim, believe that they would lose their salvation, right?

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2005, 06:08   #9
MegaRock
Forum King

Considering Saddam's been gone for quite some time it seems enough time anyone who wanted a gun would have one. God only knows every picture I see from over there someone has either a gun or a RPG launcher. Even the pictures of the house to house searches everyone has a gun or several.

Far as the other I though everyone was Muslims. Guess if only one side can do the killing it explains how Saddam was allowed to rule the way he did.

Don't click this link!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News