Old 22nd May 2012, 21:49   #1
blackster911

Automatic Station Name update

Hello people,
I have an problem with my shoutcast transcoder.
When I start my transcoder, so connect the auto dj on it and change the station name to Auto dj.
Now I have connect with Sam broadcaster and can play music, but the station name, aim and irc didn't change to my data.

Sorry for my English, but I need help!
Thx Blackster911
blackster911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 22:34   #2
DrO

sc_trans does not relay that information to the DNAS and will only be able to do it once it has been updated (there is no eta as nothing has been done towards it yet) to do it and would only be supported when connected to a v2 DNAS using the v2 protocol and if the stream is not set to be public (as the information would be ignored over that stored for the authhash).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 14:42   #3
DrO

as an update on this (mainly for my records), the ability to update the station name when a new source connects is now present in the internal v2 DNAS builds but there is no support in the Transcoder to do it yet (won't happen until work on it recommences). the only thing is that it will not update when the stream is public as that conflicts with the authhash system and is something which needs to be looked into down the road.

additionally, DJ, IRC, AIM and ICQ values will be able to be updated from the source irrespective of the stream being public or private. the DJ value is going to be the preferred way (since the other values are never used by the site) for identifying specific DJ connections via the Transcoder, etc and with changes in the v2 DNAS, should allow for specifying the DJ name when connecting even with v1 based sources without any update on their side.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
irc, metadata, station name, tag, transcoder