Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 29th January 2015, 05:40   #1
Lida Rose

No Double Arrows To Stretch WinAmp Window To See Songs' Full Titles

I can't get the double arrows to appear in Win Amp V. 5.666 in order to see the full titles of
the songs I'm playing while playing them. They suddenly disappeared and I don't know how to get them back! Can anyone help???

This won't allow me to stretch the WinAmp window with the list of songs playing so I can see the full title of each song that's in my playlist.

Thanx,

Lida

Last edited by Lida Rose; 29th January 2015 at 07:24. Reason: Addition
Lida Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 17:44   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

What skin are you using? It's working for me in Big Bento. Are you pointing at the border between the 2 panels?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v20H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2015, 06:03   #3
Lida Rose

I'm using the "Classic" skin and it was working and suddenly stopped, I know not why??? I've searched all the options and can find nothing to help me get this back, and I can't see the full titles of the songs I'm playing because of this! Any help would be most appreciated. Perhaps the option to restore the double arrows is hidden somewhere?

Also, I have 3 panels which I can un-dock. Previously I could point my cursor anywhere along the edge of it and would get the double arrows, but no more...

Interesting...I switched to the Bento Skin you're using and got the double arrows back again, but no luck with the "Classic" skin!

Also, it would be so very much appreciated if anyone could tell me how to get my playlists to play again. In WIN XP they played fine, but when I upgraded to WIN 7, no go. They are all b4's, and I think they must have to be converted to something else in order for them to play, but I'm clueless as to what or how!

Lida
Old 30th January 2015, 15:20   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Lida,

The skin I'm using is listed in my signature line at the bottom of my posts. I assumed you were using Big Bento. Exactly which classic skin are you using and which build of Winamp 5.666? These little details are important to saving time when trying to replicate problems.

You probably need to point to the bottom right hand corner of the Playlist Editor window to change it's width. When the mouse pointer changes, click and drag carefully to the right, not up or down, to just change the width.

I never ran Winamp in Windows XP (98 to 2000 to Vista to 7), but I assume 'b4' is the playlist files' extension. If you have setup your current Winamp configuration to read ".b4" files, it should be able to read your playlists since they are just text files. You could also try changing 1 of your playlist file's ".b4" extension to ".m3u" to see if Winamp will then be able read it.

It may help (in finding solutions) to use the Winamp Info Tool (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=328932) to make an extended report of your Winamp configuration and attach it to a post. You can use the tool's preferences to have your Windows user profile name removed from the report (if you want to keep that private). Select the "Hide my user name in the paths of reports" option.

Old 31st January 2015, 04:57   #5
Lida Rose

Hi Aminifu,

Tried what you recommended in your last post, and still get no double arrow in order to move/stretch anything anywhere! Can't imagine what occurred or how I lost this, but I must have clicked on something wrong, that's for sure, as this function was working fine and suddenly stopped working!

I'm using the "Final" version of WinAmp, V. 5.666, Build 3516(x86) of 12-12-2013

Yes, all my playlist pieces end in the .b4 extension as they were used on my previous Win XP computer which is now WIN 7. I've tried re-naming the extensions to the .m3u extension, but they still will not play. I've not even been able to create playlists in this version, as the procedure must be quite different than that of WIN XP, and I haven't a clue as to how to do it. I love the player, but am not getting very far with it, other than being able to play my music library by "adding songs" to it using the "Play/File" option.

Actually, I'm considering removing this version and reverting back to an earlier version that might work better with WIN 7. I have one earlier version's set-up file or I could go to Oldversion.com and find one there...Do you think that would that help?

Sadly,

Lida
Old 31st January 2015, 14:11   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

It may help (in finding solutions) to use the Winamp Info Tool (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=328932) to make an extended report of your Winamp configuration and attach it to a post.

Old 2nd February 2015, 04:14   #7
Lida Rose

Sorry, Aminifu, I have no idea what you mean by "make an extended report of your WinAmp configuration and attach it to a post".

Lida

Last edited by Lida Rose; 2nd February 2015 at 04:14. Reason: Incomplete
Old 2nd February 2015, 07:07   #8
Aminifu
Forum King

The latest version, 5.666 Build 3516 with it's patches, is the best one to use with Windows 7.

Does your Winamp skin look similar to the one below (click on the image for a larger version)? If it does, then when you point to bottom, right hand corner of the Playlist Editor window (below and to the right of the "LIST OPTS" button) does the mouse pointer change to anything other than it's normal look (if it changes, it will not look like the double arrow you saw in Big Bento)? If it does change, then click & drag to change the size of the window.

If your Winamp does not resemble the image below or the mouse pointer did not change, then click on the link (the blue text) I gave you in either of my prior posts to go to the Winamp Info Tool thread. Download the Info Tool (it's a single executable file and does not need to be put in any particular folder) and use it to make the extended configuration report (click the button on the bottom left hand side). By default the Info Tool puts the report in a zip file and offers to open the folder where it put the zip file. Remember the location of this folder!

Use the forum's advanced reply editor (click on the "Go Advanced" button below the Quick Reply message window) to upload the zipped report and attach it to a post. There is a "Manage Attachments" button on the advanced reply editor page that opens a window with a "Browse" button on the upper left hand side that lets you select the zipped file and a button on the upper right hand side that lets you upload the selected file. After the upload, close the "Manage Attachments" window and click the down arrow in the "Attachments" box above the advanced reply editor's message window to select and attach the uploaded zip file to a message.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WinampClassic.png
Views:	127
Size:	506.7 KB
ID:	51663

Last edited by Aminifu; 2nd February 2015 at 08:54.
Old 4th February 2015, 18:30   #9
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lida Rose View Post
Sorry, Aminifu, I have no idea what you mean by "make an extended report of your WinAmp configuration and attach it to a post".

Lida
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....161361#plugins
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 22:10   #10
Lida Rose

Thanx all for trying to help...I got the double arrows to work by changing skins. Seems something must be corrupted in the "Classic" skin.
Old 20th March 2015, 22:56   #11
pallmania23

more than information all
i very happy to the thead
thanks all
pallmania23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support