Old 26th February 2004, 17:57   #41
BMAXRadio

Send a message via ICQ to BMAXRadio Send a message via AIM to BMAXRadio Send a message via Yahoo to BMAXRadio
*spam removed

By the way, the ban.php script has worked just as it's supposed to. I keep getting random people from the Netherlands ripping with FreeAmp/2.x.

One question about IPs and the Arin Whois database. I know it's not very accurate in giving locations of IP addresses, but it's at least good enough to report the correct country of an IP address, correct?
BMAXRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2004, 18:07   #42
Vchat20
Major Dude

wow. nice price there. but whats the catch?
Vchat20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2004, 18:11   #43
rockgod

Send a message via ICQ to rockgod Send a message via AIM to rockgod
Quote:
One question about IPs and the Arin Whois database. I know it's not very accurate in giving locations of IP addresses, but it's at least good enough to report the correct country of an IP address, correct?

Yes you are correct.
rockgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2004, 18:34   #44
BMAXRadio

Send a message via ICQ to BMAXRadio Send a message via AIM to BMAXRadio Send a message via Yahoo to BMAXRadio
Quote:
Originally posted by Vchat20
wow. nice price there. but whats the catch?
Seriously, I've been with them for a few months and I still shake my head. No web hosting company else even comes close. 3 GIGS for $5/month alone is worth it, but then you get all the other goodies included.

Check it out for yourself.

EDIT: Thanks rockgod!
Old 26th February 2004, 18:46   #45
Vchat20
Major Dude

yeah. im definitely gonna check them out. cuz currently im paying $5 for 500Mb and i consider that very cheap. do u know if they accept paypal or not?
Old 26th February 2004, 19:23   #46
BMAXRadio

Yes, I use paypal to pay for my web hosting with Fuitadnet.

I'm sure the place you're paying doesn't offer 15 mysql databases, ssh, *********/urchin stats, or 100 ftp/email accounts either ;-)

A few more goodies they offer that I don't think their home page states: phpbb automatic generator, phpmychat generator, (both of which take up 1 mysql database), real time FTP session control, IP deny manager, fantastico, agora shopping cart program, full site/home/mysqul backup ability, raw logs and access logs, error logs... the list is really too long to go on.

They offer a free ensim pro or cpanel demo for you to see all the features. I can't recommend them enough.
Old 26th February 2004, 19:28   #47
Vchat20
Major Dude

yeah. we just got cpanel use after the last server change and weve got access to pretty much everything you stated in the third paragraph. but in no way did we get 15 mysql databases and 100 ftp's. iirc we only got 10 ftp's, 10 emails, and 5 mysql's. we do get unlimited domains and subdomains though. but i will definitely be looking into transfferring over. their offer is 1337.
Old 26th February 2004, 19:42   #48
BMAXRadio

Tell them bmaxradio.com referred you. I'm pretty sure I get nothing for a referral but oh well - they are pretty 1337 guys over there at fuitadnet
Old 27th February 2004, 15:52   #49
BMAXRadio

<02/27/04@07:51:39> [dest: xx.xx.xx.xx] starting stream (UID: 89549)[L: 8]{A: Custom ...}(P: 2)

Custom?? Does anybody know what player this would be considered?
Old 27th February 2004, 18:21   #50
Vchat20
Major Dude

i would most likely say its a streamripper. proably somebody using a ripper with a customizable user agent.

btw, fuitadnet is awesome. signed up last night. only took about 5 hours to transfer the domain, and transferring the whole site was a breeze. and i did say that you reffered me. not only that, but atleast i know the people there are humans and its not an automated proccess so thats a definite for me.
Old 27th February 2004, 18:55   #51
BMAXRadio

ehh, I banned the "custom" person since they want to be special.

Fuitadnet is great, I told ya I just have a hard time pronouncing the name after all these months.. even though they have an explanation on their forums, it has to be the worst name.
Old 27th February 2004, 20:27   #52
lavaboy

Send a message via ICQ to lavaboy
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/vocanolavalamp/See1.png
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/vocanolavalamp/See2.png

ppl use more then streamripper,
So much stable and supports many formats while ripping.
Its so easily done these days...
lavaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2004, 20:29   #53
Vchat20
Major Dude

umm. yeah. can a mod either edit his post or remove it altogether. this is going way pass the streamripping rule its not even funny.
Old 27th February 2004, 20:30   #54
lavaboy

Send a message via ICQ to lavaboy
wow lol
i remove it, ripping made easy
lavaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2004, 20:39   #55
Kickboy12

Send a message via ICQ to Kickboy12 Send a message via AIM to Kickboy12 Send a message via Yahoo to Kickboy12
Edit: Why Can't I delete my post?

[@imho] man
[@imho] I had dreams about unit testing last night :-(
[@sim`a] i have nightmares about syntax errors, whats your point
Kickboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2004, 09:15   #56
madmick

Guess everyone is busy since directory is playing up,no doubt jay will be keeping a close eye,
and I agree its not funny,picture the scenario 20 listeners(ok ok I am liberal with the amount )2 genuine, 18 ripping and not even listening to their rips thats what pees me off.
madmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2004, 11:03   #57
Jay
Moderator Alumni

yea some just "don't get it".
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2004, 21:41   #58
jesseg

btw re roadrunner IPs. they assign the IP statically to your mac address on all account types now (but doesnt mean it will never ever change), and the IP is an external IP, routed by the modem.

i had road runner (later bought out by ATTBI in my area) and after 3.5 years of residential service I had only 2 IP addresses.
jesseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2004, 22:29   #59
Jay
Moderator Alumni

heh but if it's tied to your mac address, much like comcast does it, simply changing your mac address means, tada, new IP. You can do this with a linksys router.
Old 6th March 2004, 23:31   #60
jesseg

You're right Jay. One thing road runner does is make you register your mac addresses with them before you are able to use the said network interface. Now granted not all road runner branches, and certainly not all other isps are doing this.

I also wanted to add that although banning a user probably wont block another legitimate user, even if you're bigger than us, it could. Even more so with some services like Italy's FastWeb which actually shares 1 external IP with like 1000 people.

So no matter what blocking IPs is not the answer. That php script souhnds like something cool, but only blocks the rippers that arn't using software that can have any "http-user-agent" that they want to type in. =(
Old 4th February 2005, 16:37   #61
eagle4life69

Auto banner

Thanks guys for this great php "script" I am a relay for a shoutcast station and I have already went from 4 bans to 16 and without this I wouldn't have been able to catch them I would like to say thanks to the creater of this Great job

2/4/05 9:37 pst
eagle4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2005, 18:03   #62
Vchat20
Major Dude

wow. giant bump alert
Old 7th February 2005, 18:39   #63
eagle4life69

Quote:
Originally posted by Vchat20
wow. giant bump alert

what? are you now going to get a big head?
Old 18th February 2005, 22:11   #64
fret

What if my shoutcast server does not truly have a username. I do of course to login to my admin section of my shoutcast server, however to connect to my server and broadcast my stream i simnply have been provided an Address (IP) a PORT and of course a password. Yet this script requires a username. When attempting to upload and view the script with the username blank, I recieve the incorrect username/password error. When entering my admin area username 'admin' there is no luck either.

any pointers?

Thanks
fret
fret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2005, 23:12   #65
andrewwkyz

Send a message via AIM to andrewwkyz
We have a porblem. There is a few programs for ripping that will mas itself as any player you tell it too. I have a few copies of those program and ripped my own stream to see how the behavior of it is. It does seem to close connectoion and reopen right away,(the song croping) But if they mask there ripper, the ONLY way to tell if they rip the streams is by the behavior. Very intresting. StreamRipping is one of the reason we have a hard time with royalties. They need to make a way to keep your stream from being ripped. I know of ONE way. Do not title stream and the ripper will not crop the songs, of course the track ripped will be one continuous thing. Plus a heavy crossfader willl do BUT if you use winamp and a cross fader, I have noticed it will not crossfade the song on your stream unless you feed it though your soundcard. Straight from winamp streams on read, not playback. Just some extra info for you
andrewwkyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 00:29   #66
jesseg

Naw stream ripping on net radio isnt on the radar at riaa yet, trust me. They are MUCH MORE concerned about people ripping digital fm. much much more.

But i'm sure that time will eventually change that. :/ But we'll be there leading the way if need be through more copyright troubles. Actually the carp setup is starting to look better and better for net radio actually.
Old 19th February 2005, 00:35   #67
andrewwkyz

Send a message via AIM to andrewwkyz
Could you show me someplace online about this carp thing. I can not seem to find any information
andrewwkyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 04:16   #68
PitbullFM

Send a message via AIM to PitbullFM
Any idea how this can be blocked?

The newest in radio ripping...

http://www.bitcartel.com/radiolover/

RadioLover splits iTunes radio and streaming MP3 radio into individual MP3 songs.
Listen to internet radio on your iPod.
Schedule recordings so you can walk the dog.
PitbullFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2005, 06:14   #69
eagle4life69

Quote:
Originally posted by fret
What if my shoutcast server does not truly have a username. I do of course to login to my admin section of my shoutcast server, however to connect to my server and broadcast my stream i simnply have been provided an Address (IP) a PORT and of course a password. Yet this script requires a username. When attempting to upload and view the script with the username blank, I recieve the incorrect username/password error. When entering my admin area username 'admin' there is no luck either.

any pointers?

Thanks
fret
I figure your talking about this part replace the x's with your information

// Server configuration
$server = 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx';
$portnumber = 'xxx';
$username = 'admin';
$password = 'xxxxxxxxx';

Now just replace the x's and it should work. I am getting about 150 auto Bans a day
Old 19th February 2005, 21:21   #70
Jay
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by PitbullFM
Any idea how this can be blocked?

The newest in radio ripping...

http://www.bitcartel.com/radiolover/

RadioLover splits iTunes radio and streaming MP3 radio into individual MP3 songs.
Listen to internet radio on your iPod.
Schedule recordings so you can walk the dog.
Streamripping of this type cannot be stopped, only detered by manipulating your source content.

http://forums.radiotoolbox.com/viewtopic.php?t=667
Old 2nd February 2006, 02:22   #71
eagle4life69

Not true I have created a way to kick and ban known ripping software off all of my streams.

In most of those php scripts it will only kick and ban per stream. I have set mine up to add those know rippers to a DB and then my script will check that list and kick any IP that maybe on it.

This took many hours of work to do but now I am able to watch over 5 streams at once and since they all share 1 common "ban file" they will always stay current on known rippers.

If you would like me to work with you on setting this up for your stream please PM me
Old 2nd February 2006, 06:52   #72
Jay
Moderator Alumni

you obviously didn't bother reading. Your software likely uses the useragent correct? Well this can be anything the streamripper wants, including common "safe" user agents like Winamp or iTunes. By doing this you only muddle the waters as software vendors work their way to realizing that it is by blending with other known players they can continue doing what they do. I for one want to know when someone is using a ripping program, not to kick or ban them but because it is better to know that they are doing it rather then fooling myself into believing that I have somehow actually done something to stop it. When they falsify their user agent I have no idea what ratio of real users to ripping users I have. Scripts like these only serve to create a bigger problem rather then solving it.
Old 7th February 2006, 22:35   #73
madmick

Well my tried and tested method is crossfading with sweepers every few files.I tried normal play via direct input and they were like flies around a honey pot, due to the silence between files,and as Jay stated it is better to observe actions and behaviour than to ban.Since using a good crossfader the rippers have dissapeared faster than Bin Laden from a Texas high street.

Now if anyone rips its just one continous file,and I am ok with that.

For too long I gave myself a hard time banning,and there is no foolproof method of preventing stream ripping I know of.
madmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions