Old 1st April 2015, 00:09   #1
ICUUCMe

Nsis blocked by Mcafee's HIP

The system I have to install under (win7 x64) is running McAfee's Host Intrusion Protection (HIP) and one of its rules is to deny execute of all files (EXE's, DLL's etc..) in all user's Temp folder (e.g C:\users\<anyId>\AppData\Local\Temp). So I am trying to figure out how to tell the NSIS based installer which "Temp" folder to use when it extracts icons, plugin dlls, etc... The only solution I have found so far is to change the registry key values for all user's TEMP and TMP values to a path that has execute rights (e.g C:\NSISTMP). Then the NSIS install will use that value. This also means I have to put the registry back the way it was which is great either.
ICUUCMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 18:21   #2
Anders

I don't feel like repeating myself so: http://stackoverflow.com/a/29397991/3501

IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 13:08   #3
ICUUCMe

Tanks for answer new issue

Thanks for the answer that worked great for the installer. Now I have issues with the uninstaller, it will not run I get a popup titled "NSIS Error" with the message of "Error Launching installer". I believe this is due NSIS first copying the uninstaller to "Temp" and then NSIS executes the uninstaller from there which will not work, again due to HIPs blocking the execute. Is there anyway to tell NSIS not to copy the Uninstaller to "C:\users\<userId>\AppData\Local\Temp" and or to redirect that copy to another folder?
ICUUCMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2015, 18:39   #4
Anders

Yes and no. If the uninstaller is started with the special _?=$InstDir parameter then it is not copied to %Temp% but it is not able to delete itself when started this way.

IntOp $PostCount $PostCount + 1
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Developer Center > NSIS Discussion

Tags
mcafee, nsis