Old 7th September 2004, 00:52   #1
bitcore

Send a message via AIM to bitcore
Better Living Through Chemicals 1.2 Pack Released

Better living through chemicals, a preset pack geared towards people who enjoy psychoactive chemical enhancements in their lives..... Also known as psychedelic drugs like shrooms or acid.

Currently, there are 269 presets in this pack that are ALL badass. This preset pack is the cream of the crop. I've sifted through all of www.milkdrop.co.uk's archive of presets and as many presets on this forum as I could find. Every single one was considered, added to a list, and then filtered again. Some slipped through that weren’t good, so I filtered through them again.
That's right ladies and gentlemen, this stuff is triple distilled and filtered for your visually tasting pleasure.

The preset names have been kept intact and unchanged. Every preset (except one that apparently doesn’t have a rating) has been reset to a standard “3” rating to even it all out and allow stoners to rate the presets themselves. Besides, a natural random selection of these presets can entice someone on a steady supply of mushrooms for days.

Since the pack was designed for people who are in altered states of reality, it will obviously look good to people who are totally sober or have never experimented in their life.

Whoever you are, Enjoy the preset pack. I worked for about 40 hours total on this pack with the assistance of a few druggies to be sure I was picking the right presets

ENOUGH BS, HERE'S THE DL LINK:
http://www.bitcore.org/bltc.exe

What does everyone think?

if you don't want to use an installer (it extracts to /plugins/milkdrop/BLTC/ anyways) then you can use an RAR'ed pack
(note: I’m not condoning the use of drugs, drugs are bad, mmkay?)

Like music? Like milkdrop? You need a BLTC sandwich.
Better Living Through Chemicals. It's Pretty!
bitcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2004, 17:13   #2
Phat
Major Dude

cool list there man!
I hadn't even seen alot of the older ones...

Good stuff, thanks!
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2004, 18:42   #3
bitcore

BTW, if anyone has a prest they believe belongs in the pack that you think I may have missed, upload it to this thread and me and my buddies will test it out.

If you really want to get into this pack, Look at many of unchained's presets, we find those to be the most visually facinating because of the thick lines. Fractals are sweet, but many of the all move WAY too fast or are too blittery to even consider.
Slow the presets down, design them for 60+ fps while your sober, that way, when your screwed up and play them back at 20 fps, they will look nice.

Old 7th September 2004, 22:00   #4
StudioMusic
Major Dude

Well with the fps that is all varible. Some factors that determine the fps are the video card someone is using of coarse the more vid memory the faster the fps, the preset itself, and of coarse the processor speed helps. Just remember though if you want all your presets at around 20 fps just set MD in config to max framerate to 20. I myself like em fast especially Unchained's, fuck up or not. SM
StudioMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2004, 00:47   #5
shifter

great selection, there's a bunch in there i've never seen before
shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2004, 02:42   #6
Phat
Major Dude

plus milkdrop grabs the bass/mid/treb info perframe. So when the frame rate is that low the presets respond worse.
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2004, 05:23   #7
baked89

Send a message via AIM to baked89
Nice package there!
I havent seen alot of those and they all really impressed me
Shreyas - Carnival really caught my attention, nice presets!
baked89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2004, 02:49   #8
bitcore

Hmm, interesting about the per-frame beat detection.

Is there *ANYTHING* that we or geiss can do to raise the FPS but keep the preset at the same speed?
IE: double the framerate, but the preset will move just as slow as it would at half that framerate.

meh

Old 9th September 2004, 07:44   #9
shifter

I've actually done something like this in a few of my presets..

you make a variable which represents the amount of time that has passed since the last frame (or just use 1/fps)

then you multiply all the varying variables by that value, this means that they should change at a consistent rate no matter what the fps is

e.g.

tic = min(time - tin,.1);
tin = time;

somevar = somevar + bass*tic;

or something like that.. it seems to work ok
shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2004, 16:52   #10
bitcore

This was my idea for the PLUGIN to incorporate in the configuration options.
Hmm, maybe one full week when I have nothing to do, I can play with this idea in the pack and slow some of them down.
Awsome.

Old 21st September 2004, 03:52   #11
bitcore

UPDATE

http://www.bitcore.org/bltc.exe BLTC 1.3 released. Installer isn't wierd anymore, sorry, last release still had my debug in it :P
This pack has some minor tweaks to a few presets, mainly to slow them down a bit. Some presets were removed alltogether, and some new ones were added. A total of 248 presets that should entertain anyone for hours at a time. Enjoy!

http://www.bitcore.org/bltc.zip <-- zip pack of .milk files. Please use my installer (it's smaller & automatic), but if you dont want to, remove all .milk files prior to unzipping this pack to a folder.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets