Old 8th January 2009, 11:58   #41
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Fickle
[B]Stop fucking with people who are older and have more seniority over you ... That's my biggest problem with portions of youth, you have no respect for authority, yet the majority of you don't revolt against authority THAT MATTERS.
well, la di da, i'm quite proud to say that young people are rebellious by nature not because they're stupid or disrespectful, its more of the fact that they "probe" their authority to learn the limits, when a 15 y.o. kid runs away from home and does drugs and prostitution or becomes a gang member living from robbering innocent people, thats not by respect, thats their choice of protest.

at this age and younger, kids NEED to find themselves, their place in life, sometimes its beyond their choice, look at serial killers, i saw some documentaries here and there, most pointed to the fact that its the parent's genes or behaviour to cause their kid to misbehave and rebel, the child abuse syndrome, youre letting out all the anger you couldn't when you were younger.

if its not the parent's fault, its who you socialize with, it kinda grows on you, feeling of power and not being overpowered by someone else, again i think its not a choice, but rather you surrendering to your dark side, you go and punch some random guy in the face so on the outside you feel strong, but inside you know you did something wrong, people who say they have no remorse of their doing are all liars, its not really them talking, its their dark side (i know, sounds like a movie, but thats my belief)

Quote:
you'd rather bitch piece-by-piece against someone who has a much better grasp on reality than you. On the FUCKING INTERNET no less, where your opinion means absolute dogshit.
thats a misconception, the internet is quite the same as being in a room full of people, only instead of talking face to face, you use a tool to talk, much like phones, but with more options , ok, we all agree that sitting behind a screen and typing to a person lightyears from us can lift all inhibitions and fear of being punched and slapped, so we do speak more freely where theres no censorship, but yet again, the feeling of being superior to other people is the key, and sometimes its just to draw attention when youre lonely and nobody seems to give a shit at what you say (which did happen to me, still does i think), so dont take flamers for granted, you'd be surprized when you know the guy who says hello to you and invites you over for a drink or two, could be that miserable lonely guy that just wants attention, but just dont know how to express himself, or write in some cases

[edit]
now that i read it over, i see i still contradict myself, over the cause of rebelling, only this time i believe that if i had the time to rewrite this, you'd be able to understand what i wrote a little better, just so you know, my hebrew writing skills are not better [/edit]
kingo'mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 19:07   #42
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
i never said any of the stuff i used to describe fickle was a bad thing.

overcritical and a pissant with a good perspective is better off than most people these days.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 00:06   #43
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by kingo'mountain
well, la di da, i'm quite proud to say that young people are rebellious by nature not because they're stupid or disrespectful, its more of the fact that they "probe" their authority to learn the limits, when a 15 y.o. kid runs away from home and does drugs and prostitution or becomes a gang member living from robbering innocent people, thats not by respect, thats their choice of protest.

at this age and younger, kids NEED to find themselves, their place in life, sometimes its beyond their choice, look at serial killers, i saw some documentaries here and there, most pointed to the fact that its the parent's genes or behaviour to cause their kid to misbehave and rebel, the child abuse syndrome, youre letting out all the anger you couldn't when you were younger.
Why are you proud? Are you 15? You can tell that you're not just from you're language, so I'm not sure what you're proud of, unless you just like to say that as a catch phrase or something. I never said teenagers were stupid, but they are naive. It's proven that going against authority is a natural psychological tendency in teenagers. But that's not what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about how TDM wanted so eagerly from the start of the thread to go head to head with someone. This is also a fairly natural thing to do on the internet, which is stupid.
Quote:
if its not the parent's fault, its who you socialize with, it kinda grows on you, feeling of power and not being overpowered by someone else, again i think its not a choice, but rather you surrendering to your dark side, you go and punch some random guy in the face so on the outside you feel strong, but inside you know you did something wrong, people who say they have no remorse of their doing are all liars, its not really them talking, its their dark side (i know, sounds like a movie, but thats my belief)
Parents and social situations have much to do with growth together, not separately. Some people are capable of having absolutely no remorse, and they are not exclusive to serial killers.

Quote:
thats a misconception, the internet is quite the same as being in a room full of people, only instead of talking face to face, you use a tool to talk, much like phones, but with more options , ok, we all agree that sitting behind a screen and typing to a person lightyears from us can lift all inhibitions and fear of being punched and slapped, so we do speak more freely where theres no censorship, but yet again, the feeling of being superior to other people is the key, and sometimes its just to draw attention when youre lonely and nobody seems to give a shit at what you say (which did happen to me, still does i think), so dont take flamers for granted, you'd be surprized when you know the guy who says hello to you and invites you over for a drink or two, could be that miserable lonely guy that just wants attention, but just dont know how to express himself, or write in some cases
I don't think you're too far off here, but you describe it in extremes for some reason. Just because someone is short and rude online does not mean that they are unlocking inhibitions--they may be short and rude in person. I am a pretty good example of this. I'm fairly blunt as a human being and not just an avatar. Also I'm not doing it to get noticed because I'm lonely--I'm doing it because I not only am kind of a dick in real life, but as a reaction to what was being said.

Children, though people like to think of them as such, are not total clay, especially as teenagers. I don't even think TDM is a teenager, to be honest, I was comparing him to youth, which I think you misconstrued.

Oh, and opinions, just like arguments, on the internet are totally pointless. Any time internet people are expected to actually do something except whine and complain, it doesn't get done. The internet "community" as a whole is simply reactionary. Small internet communities can actually get things done I think, but when talking about the thing as a whole, it's bullshit.

Somehow this turned into a serious conversation. Jeez. Where are the dick and fart jokes?

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 00:16   #44
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Fickle - If intelligence were a sleeping bag, I'd stuff myself inside of him

Just a very complimentary member intro to...break the bullshit

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 03:40   #45
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Also I'm not doing it to get noticed because I'm lonely--I'm doing it because I not only am kind of a dick in real life, but as a reaction to what was being said.
You also happen to look like one.
Quote:
Somehow this turned into a serious conversation. Jeez. Where are the dick and fart jokes?
Way ahead of you.
baafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 05:15   #46
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

Quote:
BTBTBTBTW To Baafie, WoL, swingdjted, gaekwad2, Phyltre, LuigiHann, aFfLiCtEd, and MidnightViper88:

Hi! How art thou? Como Estas? I am well! When you guys get your shit together, come over to Pabook, where we have discussions, not flame wars and arguments and intelligent conversations instead of idiots stabbing each other over and over till they can see the blood. Unless you think "Community" is only a factual ideal when people are pissing on each other's backs.

PS: If you think it's boring, then grow up a little and then try it! Worked for me!
Hi Fickle! I'm fit as a fiddle and fine as a frog hair! I've always enjoyed reading your stuff, including the present one.

Don't know if they'll let me in on the other forum or not. I kinda enjoy lurking more than anything (even there) but a good vodka buzz compels me to post here every now & then. Soon as I "get my shit together" I may sign up.
Take care. Good to see ya again. Virtually, of course.
aFfLiCtEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2009, 14:09   #47
gaekwad2
Foorum King

I've been checking pabuk/pabook every couple of months for the last five years, but never felt the urge to lurk regularly, let alone join up and post.

I'll take flamewars over smalltalk.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2009, 12:28   #48
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

You don't do smalltalk here? Okay.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 01:22   #49
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
Fickle - If intelligence were a sleeping bag, I'd stuff myself inside of him

Are you flirting with me?

I think I may be flattered.

But sorry, I don't think stuffing yourself inside me is an option.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 01:49   #50
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Quote:
But sorry, I don't think stuffing yourself inside me is an option.
I hear this far too often in my day-to-day life.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2009, 23:19   #51
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally posted by Too-DAMN-Much
but yeah, don't like chev.
Fixed

RAWR!
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 01:06   #52
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
holy shit, welcome back

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 08:24   #53
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

yay, another zombie rose from its grave :P
Old 17th March 2009, 10:43   #54
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mike-db
I then pull out every damned package of bacon that I can find and start weaving the bacon together. (imagine this but in bacon)
Now that's what I'm talkin bout'
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 16:11   #55
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
Now that's what I'm talkin bout'
Huzzah!

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 17:39   #56
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

yuck, bacon is 80% fat, how can you eat that thing!!!

pizza is healthier than this...

which reminds me, i'm hungry!
Old 17th March 2009, 17:40   #57
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
I then pull out every damned package of bacon that I can find and start weaving the bacon together. (imagine this but in bacon)
This

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 17:50   #58
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

There it is!

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 18th March 2009, 05:12   #59
Paul_Bags
Major Dude

Old skool regulars, flame war with stoner, awesome bacon thing, drunken posting, awesome bacon thing...
Words fail me in a good way
Paul_Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2009, 22:43   #60
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

I had another breakfast close to this one and almost died... No more! NO MORE!

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 21st October 2009, 23:05   #61
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Will try soon. I forgot about that.

Old 24th October 2009, 18:58   #62
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Behold:

Old 24th October 2009, 19:09   #63
QOAL
[STILL a retard!]

Oh god, I'll take 5!

(When are you having the bypass surgery then? :P)

count!last.fmdastylishplanner
QOAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 19:56   #64
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

All that in one sitting. I probably won't be swimming laps tonight.

It was about 3/4 of the pound (4 strips didn't fit) of bacon. It took some toast and milk to help it down.

Old 24th October 2009, 19:59   #65
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Try at least 3 a week for a month and a half straight.... It got gross so I just tried it again. No more! NO MORE I SAY!

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 24th October 2009, 22:45   #66
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Oh dear gawd... that looks horrifyingly delicious!
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 23:14   #67
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ I just ate my shoe. *drool*
Hey, Shy? Did allthatjaz ever see all of TrueBlood? ??
It comin' on Halloween and all....
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 01:43   #68
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

You didn't!
I'd have to strain it through an oil filter first.
Old 25th October 2009, 02:07   #69
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Psh! Real men deep fry their bacon.

In lard.
Old 25th October 2009, 02:10   #70
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I poured the grease out just prior to putting the cheese on.

Old 25th October 2009, 02:13   #71
missyob
Angel of Winamp

How did you wrap the bacon around the cheese when it was cris-crossed like that when you cooked it?
missyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 02:31   #72
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

MISSY!!!!

How is it that that mess of a meal brought you back? Was the aroma THAT strong?

I weaved it in the Kitchen Aid rubber baking pan and cooked it to almost done at 375-400 in the oven.
When it was almost done, I drained the grease and then added the cheese on top (3rd picture).
I threw it back in the oven for a few more minutes until the cheese was melted and the bacon was completely cooked.
I then removed it from the oven and tossed it on a plate (4th picture).
I finally rolled it (with the cheese still melted on) and sliced the roll in quarters (picture 5) before it had time to cool (otherwise it would break while trying to roll).

Old 25th October 2009, 03:18   #73
missyob
Angel of Winamp

omg... I have to cook some of it tomorrow! I am all excited. mmmmmmmmmmmm bacon and cheese
missyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 03:40   #74
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

I love how I brought this delicious meal to the Winamp community! I RULE. Bacon roll's around!

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 25th October 2009, 04:36   #75
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I got the idea from MV's link.

Old 25th October 2009, 14:28   #76
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

I had seen it on some site that had all kinds of food oddities like the infamous Krispy Kreme burger
Old 25th October 2009, 14:42   #77
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Yes, I absolutely had to dig this up.
Old 25th October 2009, 16:29   #78
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Jebus! Ja' see the cholesterol amount?
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 16:43   #79
fc*uk

Quote:
I love how I brought this delicious meal to the Winamp community! I RULE. Bacon roll's around!
Quote:
Originally posted by swingdjted
I got the idea from MV's link.
Yes, but Mike-db was indeed the first one to post this and say he had actually made it.

I remember it well; I'm still horrified by the thought.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 17:07   #80
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Quote:
Originally posted by Widdykats
^ Jebus! Ja' see the cholesterol amount?
Real men don't count the cholestrol

( look around and see how many saved up just above the belt that is holding up their trousers.)

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions