Old 17th October 2009, 19:17   #41
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ I just like showin' pictures of 'em!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 02:42   #42
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

Pleeeeeaaaase.... I just one one little bite.....

"Which is worse, ignorance or indifference?"

"I don't know, and I don't care."
watadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 05:15   #43
rockouthippie
Banned

He knows if he sits there really good.... not quite begging...
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 07:08   #44
Rellik
Major Dude

I know this is the wrong thread, but that just screams "I CAN HAZ CHEZBURGER PLEZ?"
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 09:52   #45
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally posted by watadoo
Pleeeeeaaaase.... I just one one little bite.....

[Image]
I'd be screwed! I'd give in.
*Here...We'll split it*
Old 18th October 2009, 10:02   #46
rockouthippie
Banned

Daisy knows how to eat ice cream off a spoon... Somebody must be spoiling that dog I don't think kitties are quite as effective moochers. Among her weird tastes are bananas, grapes, apple cores and watermelon rind.

I don't usually feed dogs canned food, but sometimes for a treat. Have you noticed that a dog can detect a can of dog food before you open it? If I pull a can of dog food out of the cupboard, Daisy will be right there. A can of anything else isn't interesting. Can they read?
Old 18th October 2009, 18:29   #47
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
^not sure, but on the topic of only giving canned dog food as a treat, I've been told that that's the most you should ever use canned food. It's bad for their teeth and causes their breath to stink like bloated road kill if the dog is fed a regular diet with it. Occasionally as a treat shouldn't hurt though. I usually only get canned dog food if the dog is so old that it lacks the ability to eat hard food. For treats, I give the frozen peanut butter with hard food Kongs or a few table scraps.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 18:37   #48
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I always gave my dogs a mix. About 3/4ths dry(Iams or Science Diet) and part of a can of very good stinky dog food, then mixed with with a little hot water. I brushed their teeth with special tootpaste. I also brushed AudreyHepburn-Cat's teeth with poultry flavored toothpaste.

I don't know, many breeders I knew swore meat really gave the coat luster. That aside(whether it did or didn't, they ( the dogs)seemed more satiasfied and, well, happier.
Old 18th October 2009, 18:49   #49
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

The dogs still get meat, just not from dog food. (perhaps I should have worded that better...) They are good at keeping the rodent population under control.

Old 18th October 2009, 18:52   #50
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Awww. My Malamutes both moused! They(Nikko first then Gitano(she was still a girl) brought back partially eaten mouse creatures..usually the head...*barf* *Good Doggy* *barf*
Old 18th October 2009, 21:07   #51
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by swingdjted
only giving canned dog food as a treat
Yep. agreed. I don't water the dry food either. I give Daisy a milk bone every day and a good tablespoon of plain yogurt on her food. Helps her not get gassy. The vet commented on her good teeth.

I think a little fat is good, so she gets some of the bacon grease, tuna fish oil. I usually try to make sure scraps aren't more than 10% of what she eats.... unless we sit down and eat a tray of muffins on an occasional Sunday

People have sometimes told me about dogs that "won't eat" dry dog food. I don't think it hurts them a bit to skip eating a day. Daisy does it probably twice a week. Yep, they'll wolf down canned every time... that doesn't make it good for them...

Dogs will absolutely not starve under any circumstances

Last edited by rockouthippie; 18th October 2009 at 21:23.
Old 18th October 2009, 23:54   #52
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^My "Moots" got bacon grease in their food, occasionally.
Boy, they loved that.♥
Bacon should be a food group.( I only eat bacon about five times a year. ) I'm fucking starving first key lime pie, now bacon...I'm starving I tells ya'!
Old 19th October 2009, 00:17   #53
fc*uk

Quote:
Originally posted by Widdykats
I'd be screwed! I'd give in.
*Here...We'll split it*
My dog has been very ill recently. I've been splitting everything with her that the vet will allow me to feed the poor pooch!

She's gotten more treats the past few months than she has in nearly her entire life. Cupcakes, chicken, ground beef, steak, snausages, beggin strips, pancakes, waffles, gatorade, powerade, ringer's injection, etc. Just nothing with onion, vet is very strict about the damn onions. Vet also reminds me that easily digestible is best so the chicken, pancakes and waffles really top the list.

Ok, maybe the ringer's injection was not exactly a treat...

Quote:
Bacon should be a food group.( I only eat bacon about five times a year. ) I'm fucking starving first key lime pie, now bacon...I'm starving I tells ya'!
Perch's IGA Foodstore in Alpena, Mi sells the best bacon in the land in my opinion. Gotta know someone why lives around those parts to get it. I specifically drive all the way up there from Detroit to get five pounds on an annual basis.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 04:15   #54
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
vet is very strict about the damn onions.
Onions, tylenol and chocolate are extremely toxic to dogs. Other than that, they tolerate just about every thing we do.

You might try rice and oatmeal. Dogs like it and it's easy to digest too. Probably more nutritional than waffles/pancakes.

Fletchers bacon (made in Canada) is available from both the grocery stores that are close to me. It isn't cheap. It is very good. Costco bacon isn't too bad at half the price. I refuse to even fool with the supermarket cheapo stuff. The Albertsons supermarket deli bacon we get here is pretty good, but it goes sour too quick. You gotta use it all in a week.

Didn't you know Widdy? Bacon is a food group

Last edited by rockouthippie; 19th October 2009 at 04:32.
Old 19th October 2009, 09:29   #55
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Good tip about the toxic foods, ROH!
Old 19th October 2009, 10:20   #56
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
I have never gotten my purebreds from like a Pet Store or any of that.
I never really understood that shit.

Why go to a store when you can get them from the classifieds...FOR FREE.

I've gotten both pure bred and cool mixed puppies from the classifieds. German Shepard/Black Lab mixes are pretty abundant and they are damn smart. The last one I had understood full sentences. And if you didn't complete the sentence half the time, he got confused.

I miss that dog.
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 10:51   #57
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ I'm sorry about your dog, Omega X.
And fc*uk, I hope your dog gets better or at least feels better.
Old 19th October 2009, 16:17   #58
rockouthippie
Banned

I've gone both ways... buying expensive high dollar purebreds... and getting pound puppies.. I've wuv'ed the pound puppies just as much as the fancy dogs. As far as being good dogs, I haven't seen any difference. Mutts are a perfectly good option.

Daisy is a pound puppy and she's been as good as any dog I ever had. She turned out a lot prettier than I would have figured from the goofy lookin' pup I adopted.
Old 19th October 2009, 16:24   #59
fc*uk

Thanks Widdy. Unfortunately, there is no getting better for the dog anymore. Every day I take her for long walks in the park so she can still have fun while she still feels up to it. Hence the feeding her what ever she feels like eating as long as it is not bad for her ...
Old 19th October 2009, 16:27   #60
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Dyin' happy is the most any of us can ask for. You are lucky to have each other.
Old 19th October 2009, 16:42   #61
rockouthippie
Banned

I did a little web searching and found some new dog toxins that we should probably add to the list... garlic and surprisingly grapes....

No more grapes for Daisy Oh well, I never gave her more than a couple at a time anyway.

I'm sorry about your dog F. It's a little consolation that most of our pampered pooches don't spend a day in their lives feeling sad about anything. A dog is a happy thing, even if they don't last forever.

Daisy, while she's doing pretty well, is well into the last quarter of her life. She has AIHA and won't probably live another couple years. It's about a miracle she got to be 8.
Old 19th October 2009, 17:07   #62
fc*uk

I know what you both mean. Like I said, it's something we know is coming (lymphoma relapsed), which is why the we are just trying to keep her happy and to enjoy each other.

The vet warned me about the grapes (which my dog does not like) and the garlic as well (which is a hard one because I cook with a lot of gralic).
Old 11th November 2009, 10:26   #63
rockouthippie
Banned

The frog.

The frog is in the back yard and as usual for this time of year is croaking and seems to remain undetectable, noisy and of interest to a certain lady rottweiler as much as she'd not like to admit her inability to play with the toadie till it was dead.

Her chagrin about not eating the frog is amplified by the fact that when I notice her inadequacy in eating the poor frog, I ask Daisy "What?" and she screws her halo on too tight pretending that her nemesis doesn't exist.

It would be "bad" for Daisy to kill anytning and she knows that I would not approve. Frankly, I'd put money on the tree frog.
Old 11th November 2009, 10:40   #64
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Daisy is a Good Dog!♥
*pat* *pat* *pat*
Old 11th November 2009, 10:48   #65
rockouthippie
Banned

I have never really had much reason to tell her otherwise. There are a couple of blaring exceptions like when she chewed up $300, my moms dentures, tried to eat a Malamute. Almost ate my girlfriends great dane who became a fan. Just had to learn. Daze is the boss.

Daddy is taken. But she gets to be the Son and the Holy Ghost!

Killed a vacuum cleaner, 3 cordless screwdrivers and a bicycle trailer. I guess she's better than Kang, a previous Rottweiler who would eat car tires.... on the car .... Kang would make you popular at Big O if he dint like u.

Nobody's perfect. She just turned 8. A little carnage? A Lady Rottweiler? Good nuff.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 11th November 2009 at 11:07.
Old 11th November 2009, 12:07   #66
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ With pets, nobody likes perfect. And if your pet(or pets) have some "Clown" in them...even better. I've been fortunate with my pets and their manners, although Malemutes can be very difficult around dogs that aren't in their friend group. Very good with children and people and don't listen to hardly a thing you say, unlike my Shepherd who would do your taxes, if you asked her. She was, however, a thief and stole all the balls in the neighborhood!
Old 11th November 2009, 17:10   #67
rockouthippie
Banned

The wolfie dogs I've had (Keeshonden, Samoyed, Siberian Husky) are a handful. They are harder to train, but are lovable enough woofies. Daisy's predecessor Morgen was a samoyed/keeshond mix who was "invisible". Morgen liked to run off a lot. With his camoflage he'd freeze when caught and frankly his invisibility was somewhat effective. When busted you'd have to explain to him that he was visible. "YES! I can see you!". The look on his face when his cloaking device wasn't functioning properly was pretty entertaining. It was a mix of disbelief, chagrin, and not quite understanding why "invisibility" wasn't quite reliable.

Rottweilers are really a vacation, being calm tempered and pretty easy to train. They aren't particularly good around other dogs, katz etc. In the rare cases where they do get in trouble, it's not so good. It doesn't happen that often. When it does.... killing the vacuum cleaner... flattening a car tire... eating a cordless drill...

Great with kids if a little aloof. Good watchdog. Usually perfect in public. I had thought to have Daisy trained as a service dog for a blind friend, but he passed away when she was about 6 mos. old and I kept her instead. She would have been very suitable as a service dog. She is very suitable as my pal.

I like Rottweilers. They are calm, they think more than they react in a hyper way like a lab. You won't get bit for fear, because they don't have any. Kids won't get bit because it's just about impossible to hurt one. A downfall would be posturing with other animals and a desire to always be dominant, That can go rather badly because even though I never met one of these dogs that was really mean...... 450 foot pounds of bite strength, a bull neck and being built like a brick shithouse has left Daisy shaking a 60 pound pit bull like a rag. In that case, it was a proper response.

With respect, I like my 94 pound friendly land shark. Always a little in awe about having a dog that could probably take me out, but sleeps on my feet instead.

As far as predictability, it's not too hard to figure a Rottweiler and keep them out of trouble. Easier than German Shepherds, Huskies and about anything else 40 years of owning dogs has taught me. With large dogs, I'm also pretty fond of Great Danes. Big Scoobies! Cool.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 11th November 2009 at 18:12.
Old 11th November 2009, 23:22   #68
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

Veteran's day happy dogs....

http://laughingsquid.com/excited-dog...eturning-home/

Old 11th November 2009, 23:40   #69
rockouthippie
Banned

LOL! That was so cool.
Old 12th November 2009, 00:24   #70
fc*uk

awesome watadoo.

Old 13th November 2009, 19:23   #71
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally posted by watadoo
Veteran's day happy dogs....

http://laughingsquid.com/excited-dog...eturning-home/
I can't see any of the pictures..nutz!
Old 13th November 2009, 22:17   #72
watadoo
JEDI MASTER

It's worth updating your flash.

Old 14th November 2009, 15:15   #73
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I have flashed recently!
*whoops forgot I was on my old desktop, while my new one is getting windows 7 installed.*
I loved it. *Paws Up*
Old 14th November 2009, 15:39   #74
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
I have flashed recently!
Thank you.

Old 14th November 2009, 15:41   #75
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

That was you?
Old 14th November 2009, 16:05   #76
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

You mean you didn't notice the swingdjted emblem on the beads I threw to you?

Old 14th November 2009, 17:16   #77
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^*Riffles through miriad of things which were thrown...oh, there they are!*
Old 14th November 2009, 20:03   #78
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

That truly was moving watadoo.
Razzinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 21:27   #79
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

meet our dogs

Scotty

balou

don't start about the name of the Jack Russel

we adopted him otherwise he would have ended with getting a shot at the vets.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2009, 23:05   #80
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ I have "thing" for Jack Russell Terriers!
For Jack Russie Freaks like me
Bless ya' for saving lil Balou!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions