Old 21st July 2011, 01:29   #3121
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^And I got a nice Tee at The Gap.....if we're going for non sequiturs!
Old 21st July 2011, 02:43   #3122
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Got a .600 Nitro Express, .505 Gibbs, .338 Lapua Magnum, .460 Steyr and a 6mm Lee Navy in the other day for my cartridge collection. And I'll be paying a friend of mine Friday for a Ruger 10/22 Tactical rifle to have fun with on firing ranges.

Old 21st July 2011, 03:55   #3123
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88

Case of Hornandy plastic-tipped 6.8mm SPC, 200 rounds, $181.50 including S&H

Now I just need a Saturday off to go burn some stuff

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 26th July 2011, 08:18   #3124
rockouthippie
Banned

The Norway nutbar used a Mini-14 to kill 68 people.

Hmm... it seems like plain old 5.56 NATO works pretty well at half the price.

I don't think I like 6.8 SPC. Remington and Savage didn't either. They dropped it as a choice for their bolt action rifles a few years back.

This bullet has specific military applications which aren't too interesting for civilian or police use. That is. It has better terminal performance than 5.56 mm. It's light so you can carry a lot of it. It's still a little sketchy at 500 meters, like the 5.56.

My thinking is that if you don't need to tote 10 magazines through the desert.... why screw around? Get out the 30 cal.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 26th July 2011 at 10:44.
Old 26th July 2011, 21:48   #3125
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockouthippie View Post
The Norway nutbar used a Mini-14 to kill 68 people.

Hmm... it seems like plain old 5.56 NATO works pretty well at half the price.

I don't think I like 6.8 SPC. Remington and Savage didn't either. They dropped it as a choice for their bolt action rifles a few years back.

This bullet has specific military applications which aren't too interesting for civilian or police use. That is. It has better terminal performance than 5.56 mm. It's light so you can carry a lot of it. It's still a little sketchy at 500 meters, like the 5.56.

My thinking is that if you don't need to tote 10 magazines through the desert.... why screw around? Get out the 30 cal.
Although there's no official record, several SWAT teams toy with the 6.8x43mm SPC and find great use to it, since it has all the ballistic performance of the 5.56x45mm NATO with the stopping power comparable to the 7.62x51mm NATO without being as heavy...When you're an officer dealing with someone hyped up on PCP or meth that's charging without care, then a 5.56mm NATO might not stop someone dead in their tracks as efficiently...

Besides, the only thing I need to dual-shoot both 6.8mm SPC and 5.56mm NATO ammunition with my rifle is two bolts and an upper receiver...If I wanted interesting, I would have spent double the price for a PS90 to shoot the 5.7x28mm...If I wanted cheap, then I wouldn't have impulsively bought my Mod. A-150 chambered in 6.8mm in the first place...But I didn't, and I don't have a damn regret buying the thing, because I love it...

Thankfully, I'm not out on an effortless slaughter of innocents, either...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 26th July 2011, 22:04   #3126
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Finally I have the new sampler-album "Deep Train 7" (2 CDs) by "The Timewriter" (my most favourited artist) from the German label "Plastic City":
http://www.plasticcity.de/index.php?...&kid=plac081-2
"Plastic City" releases CDs and EPs with very good Deep House, and Deep House is the best music for (but also Electronic & Ambient, of course)...
And now You can guess, where I will insert and play these CDs...
Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Old 27th July 2011, 01:05   #3127
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
I (well Renee with our money) bought a 2011 Toyota Rav4 V6 4x4. Some options, but we opted to reduce the price by $5K plus by not getting the non-performance features. She's very happy with it, and it's mostly for her. I would have opted for the more rugged FJ Cruiser ro 4-Runner.

I do like that this thing has 269 hp and will do 0-60 mph in 6.4 seconds (0-100 km/h in probably the same or 6.5). That is extremely fast accelleration when you compare it to other budget-model SUVs. Renee was fine with the 4-cylinder model, but the 6 only loses one mile per gallon and doesn't change the selling price by much so I talked her into the relatively inexpensive 90hp upgrade.

We moved to a very mountainous area, so we both wanted 4-wheel-drive to get to work, and my brother has wanted my Camry for a long time, so we made the switch. I'll add more information later.

Don't forget to live before you die.
Old 28th July 2011, 10:42   #3128
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

2011 Gibson SG Standard

Old 28th July 2011, 14:29   #3129
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Very nice. I've always liked the look/shaping of the SG design. Someday, if you can, find a way to post your music on youtube or something like that.

Old 28th July 2011, 21:22   #3130
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Toilet Paper

With coke and some Mini Cheddars... ..Biiiig Spender this week.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Old 28th July 2011, 21:51   #3131
LibertyNT

Got a "new" AM Transmitter from Ebay for $46.
Old 28th July 2011, 23:53   #3132
cjsnow1

Last thing I bought was Max Payne for the PS2 & a new pair of ear-buds for $5 both from GameStop.
Old 29th July 2011, 00:17   #3133
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmo View Post
2011 Gibson SG Standard

Given where you live, the Angus Young allusion is too obvious to make...

I need to start playing my instruments again...I haven't played my bass in forever, and I bought a guitar last year, but I haven't learned anything for it (At least nothing new that I learned when I was still playing bass)...

Old 29th July 2011, 09:44   #3134
sgtfuzzbubble011

Not the latest things I've bought, but I recently purchased a Logitech K360 keyboard and M510 mouse. Was having some reception issues with the receiver plugged into the back of my tower, but luckily, I found out that Logitech will ship a free USB extender cable when I read through the instruction sheets that came with the mouse and keyboard. Now they work amazingly well. It's nice to finally not have cords across my desk.

Almost forgot... I ordered one of these about a month or so ago. Haven't even tried it out yet, but I figured this would be handy to have when I start working again. And for the lulz, here's a scan of the instruction sheet that came with it:

Front
Back

It was too long to fit in my scanner, so I had to stitch it in the middle. It made me .
Old 29th July 2011, 16:22   #3135
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

That's awesome. There were some really hilarious lines in there; well worth the read, especially "It cannot be putted into the oven or fire to roast" and "has no poisonous and evil smell". I love the $1.99 price though.

Old 29th July 2011, 19:04   #3136
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

I love the wonderful Engrish

"cannot places the heavy object on it in long time" was the best IMO
Sounds like "Me love you long time"

Sometimes I think they do it intentionally

Reading the reviews, it can't be much, but hey, for just $1.99 you can't complain.
I'd pay that for the manual alone

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Old 30th July 2011, 06:09   #3137
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdjted View Post
Someday, if you can, find a way to post your music on youtube or something like that.
I'm more of a gear geek than a player, but I did make this a while ago:

Old 30th July 2011, 20:00   #3138
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I love that effect and never knew how the Smith's did it (I've always liked How Soon is Now). Thanks for posting the vid!

Old 31st July 2011, 02:46   #3139
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdjted View Post
I love that effect and never knew how the Smith's did it (I've always liked How Soon is Now). Thanks for posting the vid!
That's just a basic approximation using pedals, on the album they did it quite differently.

Quote:
The vibrato sound is fucking incredible, and it took a long time. I put down the rhythm track on an Epiphone ****** through a Fender Twin Reverb without vibrato. Then we played the track back through four old Twins, one on each side. We had to keep all the amps vibrating in time to the track and each other, so we had to keep stopping and starting the track, recording it in 10-second bursts... I wish I could remember exactly how we did the slide part -- not writing it down is one of the banes of my life! We did it in three passes through a harmonizer, set to some weird interval, like a sixth. There was a different harmonization for each pass. For the line in harmonics, I retuned the guitar so that I could play it all at the 12th fret with natural harmonics. It's doubled several times.[11]
Old 31st July 2011, 03:32   #3140
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

So basically impossible to reproduce live?

Old 31st July 2011, 08:38   #3141
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
When you're an officer dealing with someone hyped up on PCP or meth that's charging without care, then a 5.56mm NATO might not stop someone dead in their tracks as efficiently...
Generally, when humans get hit with an assault rifle, they curl up like a potato bug. I have heard apocryphal stories about the junkie who stands up to being shot.
Old 31st July 2011, 13:20   #3142
NJK
The Frisian Spamfighter

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 31st July 2011, 14:19   #3143
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4 Gogitta View Post
Got a .600 Nitro Express, .505 Gibbs, .338 Lapua Magnum, .460 Steyr and a 6mm Lee Navy in the other day for my cartridge collection. And I'll be paying a friend of mine Friday for a Ruger 10/22 Tactical rifle to have fun with on firing ranges.
Occurs to me that I didn't post an image of those rounds, so here's my current collection. There are only 3 or so more rounds I want: .55 Boys Anti-Tank, .577 Tyrannosaur and a .700 Nitro Express.

Got my Ruger 10/22 Tactical in, along with my scope, auto-loader and 30 round magazine. Need to get the profile rings to mount the scope, and I want to get a barrel band so I can get this grip pod for it.

Old 2nd August 2011, 09:19   #3144
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJK View Post
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 5th August 2011, 19:32   #3145
rockouthippie
Banned

^Costco had a kitty "scratch"/bed My neighbor bought one. It's a big plastic "Frito" shaped thing with cat scratch surface. His cats have gone nuts over the silly thing. The device itself seems completely impervious to cat nails.
Old 10th August 2011, 22:40   #3146
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildrose-Wally View Post
That was 4 years ago, now it is this:

Old 10th August 2011, 22:52   #3147
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^FUCKIN' A!!!!!!!!
Old 12th August 2011, 04:24   #3148
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Old 12th August 2011, 10:58   #3149
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ You sure have some pretty guitars. I don't know what kind they are, but they look great. (And really folks, that's all that matters)
Old 14th August 2011, 11:08   #3150
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdykats View Post
^ You sure have some pretty guitars. I don't know what kind they are, but they look great. (And really folks, that's all that matters)
Thanks.

These are the others I have at the moment:

http://psykotech.com/misc/guitars/tele.jpg
http://psykotech.com/misc/guitars/strat.jpg
http://psykotech.com/misc/guitars/viper.jpg
http://psykotech.com/misc/guitars/maton.jpg
http://psykotech.com/misc/guitars/yasuma.jpg
Old 14th August 2011, 23:36   #3151
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^What a beautiful collection!!!
Old 15th August 2011, 00:04   #3152
rockouthippie
Banned

http://www.playlaguna.com/legacy_mod...del=le524frtbk

I play a Laguna LE524 mostly. Slinky, but can shred if you need it. I like it. I have an old strat that is getting a little long in the tooth. It needs a trip to the shop.
Old 15th August 2011, 10:00   #3153
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ You all have some cool equipment.
Oh, be careful....
Old 22nd August 2011, 02:52   #3154
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

@ W-W ~ I would love Impalas if they weren't the make-and-model under those pesky blue and red lights I always see chasing me. Pretty sharp though. You should post some details.

Old 22nd August 2011, 06:00   #3155
rockouthippie
Banned

I don't think there would be much chasing involved Those roller cam Chevs are pretty quick.
Old 22nd August 2011, 23:00   #3156
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Yeah, I have never challenged a squad car to a race or chase. I have seen a lot of retired cop cars at the drag strip though. They look pretty fun to drive.

I've bought a lot of stuff recently; perhaps I'll post some. I had to get a pop rivet gun and some steel and aluminum rivets to fix something on my truck's cap/topper (on its liftgate, there's a plastic strip connected to a metal door-frame holding rubber weatherstripping and the glass rear windshield, and the plastic was coming loose... long story, short job). This is the first time in about 5 years that I've needed a rivet gun for something, and I always borrowed my dad's before, but he lives too far away now. I went ahead and got the best model they had since I hope to keep this thing pretty much forever, and plus, the price wasn't much higher than the basic model. It has 4 sizes and a handy-dandy swivel head. for more flexibility (can go parallel or perpendicular to your hand grip, or anything in-between).

I was also really sick of the black oxide Black&Decker drill bits always breaking on me when I drill through metal, so I bought a small case of DeWalt titanium bits for the tougher jobs. They also have triangulated bases to prevent the annoying slippage between the drill and bit.

Old 23rd August 2011, 22:50   #3157
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ You Man, you!
Old 24th August 2011, 00:12   #3158
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
I last bought a one month bus pass, a Sprite and a haircut.

There is no sig.
Old 24th August 2011, 00:45   #3159
fc*uk

beer. Sierra Nevada summerfest.
Old 29th August 2011, 19:25   #3160
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Magpul MOE handguard and AFG2 for my DPMS Mod. A-150; Now awaiting for my Magpul CTR stock and MOE grip to ship...

Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions