Old 7th October 2014, 23:35   #1
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

cPro PL searchbar issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Is the 'search in playlist bar' only available in cPro2 skins? I can't find a way to turn it on in cPro 1 skins.
Aminifu, I'm passing this to Pieter (maybe as a bug), I was sure there was an option to deactive it in cPro (1) but now I'm not so sure since I tried with various of the last builds and my results are the same as yours (have the button AND the RC option on cPro2 but nothing like it in cPro1) .

NOTE / EDIT: Splitted from another thread so the original doesn't get overloaded with this.
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 00:05   #2
ChiggyChiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
Aminifu, I'm passing this to Pieter (maybe as a bug), I was sure there was an option to deactive it in cPro (1) but now I'm not so sure since I tried with various of the last builds and my results are the same as yours (have the button AND the RC option on cPro2 but nothing like it in cPro1) .
Isnt cPro MPxi_remix a cPro 1 skin? I use that and i have the search in playlist bar visible o:

I could be wrong here but it can be disabled and enabled... altho if it can be disabled/ anabled then i cant seem to remember where that option is >.>

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 00:25   #3
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Check the posts above mine (mine and Aminifu's), the issue is to disable it and the option should be in the Right click - options. Do you have it there? (in cPro1, not 2)
Old 8th October 2014, 00:40   #4
ChiggyChiggy

Quote:
Check the posts above mine (mine and Aminifu's), the issue is to disable it and the option should be in the Right click - options. Do you have it there? (in cPro1, not 2)
In that case, no nowhere, not even in a cPro2 skin. Unless if i should be right clicking on a specific part? right clicking the search box shows the standard windows context menu, and sometimes doing it on the search box itself (the one written search) brings up the history, but no enabling/ disabling option >.>

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
Old 8th October 2014, 00:46   #5
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

It's in the standard windows context menu > Options > Playlist > Show PL search. Currently you should see it on cPro2 and *hopefully* on cPro1 too..
Old 8th October 2014, 00:59   #6
ChiggyChiggy

I feel kinda slow here... Which standard context menu exactly? ...Screenshots perhaps to guide the lost? xD

Because right clicking on the cPro search bar just shows search history, clicking within the search bar and right clicking shows this http://i.gyazo.com/a4a10809a44118812fd1b9c791a5de8c.png (was what i emant by standard windows context menu lol)
And in the main Winamp context menu there is no playlist options under options

Im trying this on cPro Stylish btw.

Old 8th October 2014, 01:17   #7
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Ah hahaha, no, I was referring to Winamp's standard context menu: Click image for larger version

Name:	PL-S.png
Views:	127
Size:	759.9 KB
ID:	51438

And I know it's stylish, but is cPro Styler dude..
Old 8th October 2014, 01:27   #8
ChiggyChiggy

Lol my bad, mistake from.... *uses autocorrect as a scapegoat*
Surprised that you could guess what skin it was even though that screenshot barely showed much

Well... this is awkward... i dont even have that entry http://i.gyazo.com/3565549f1cf08ab9b7d94fa12421a82c.png

Old 8th October 2014, 01:43   #9
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

CPro always struggled a bit with its Right click options (got stuck usually when switching skins..) and now it seems like there is another troubling item to look out for..
Old 8th October 2014, 15:30   #10
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Victhor & ChiggyChiggy,

Chiggy is reading my posts correctly about my search bar issue in cPro1 skins. Somehow I must have managed to disable it when I first started using cPro and don't remember how I did it or how to enable it again. I'm using version 2.02 beta 2 of the cPro plug-in (post #7 in http://forums.skinconsortium.com/ind...=2093&pageNo=1).

The control for enabling/disabling the PL search bar is probably in the plug-in's code and is exposed in the cPro2 skins, but the control is not visible in the cPro1 skins (or is not easily found). Pieter would know.

I don't like using the cPro PL search bar because even though the inline results are convenient, they are displayed in a much smaller font size making them hard to read. I'm sure there is a file that could be edited to change this, but I was hesitant to go poking around when I first started using cPro and was already comfortable with the JTFE method.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 17:37   #11
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

D'oh! And I can't disable it, so let's negotiate and say the issue is to toggle the Search bar in cPro1 .

To enable it, the only thing I can think of is replacing your files for new ones:
- Go to (Winamp folder)\Plugins\ClassicPro\engine\xui\PlaylistPro\_v1 and replace these 3 files:PlaylistPro.m,
PlaylistPro.maki and PlaylistPro.xml
with the ones inside attached zip.

Try that, MAYBE it helps.. otherwise, it'll remain a mistery until Pieter looks at it..
Attached Files
File Type: zip _v1.zip (8.4 KB, 145 views)
Old 8th October 2014, 18:29   #12
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:

Try that, MAYBE it helps.. otherwise, it'll remain a mistery until Pieter looks at it..
Well replacing those files worked. I have the PL search bar back in cPro1 skins and control of it in cPro2 skins. However, now the mystery deepens, the .m and .maki files were the same, but my .xml file is completely different (attached below). No way I could have made those massive changes myself. Now I'll be obsessed to find out where that file came from.

Thank you for taking an interest and helping me with this.

Still, my major concern is that the font size used to display the results in both type of skins is too small. Now I have the courage to try to 'fix' that. Wish me luck.

Edited:
Removed the false statement about the results being shown differently in the 2 types of skins, a drop down list is used in both.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PlaylistPro.zip (357 Bytes, 139 views)

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 8th October 2014, 19:34   #13
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Still, my major concern is that the font size used to display the results in both type of skins is too small. Now I have the courage to try to 'fix' that. Wish me luck..
If you can't achieve it, try replacing those files (actually, change its names to have a backup) in the "v1" folder with the ones I'm attaching .

Changing that font requires a little script edit, pretty obvious, if you know how to compile it, you can try it with the v2..
Attached Files
File Type: zip PlaylistPro-BigFont01.zip (8.3 KB, 149 views)
Old 9th October 2014, 15:30   #14
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Victhor,

Thank you for the mod. The v1 results list is certainly easy to read now.

I tried changing what appears to be the appropriate variables in PlaylistPro.m and PlaylistPro.xml, but that did not work. So the PlaylistPro.maki has to be recompiled too? I'll have to learn how to do that.

What would be idea, imo, is for Pieter to have PlaylistPro use the "playlist_custom_font=" and the "pe_fontsize=" variables (or the PL editor defaults if these variables aren't there) from the "[Winamp]" section of winamp.ini to set the font and font size used in the results list. Then it would match what is used in the PL editor. Will you pass this suggestion on to him?

Old 9th October 2014, 17:15   #15
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

I'll point him out this thread, your suggestions are good, currently the Search bar text is too small for large monitors (plus it doesn't follow other Winamp's directives, like the ones you mention), maybe he can do something about it.
Old 9th October 2014, 18:12   #16
Aminifu
Forum King

Ok, thanx again.

By the way, I have both the enable/disable button and the right click context menu command shown with my cPro2 skins, so maybe Chiggy is having issues when switching skins. Although, I have not seen that problem with pre-expanded cPro skin archives or those that are expanded to the user's temp folder.

EDIT:
I do lose that context menu command when I have the "MiniLyrics" plug-in enabled. It prevents some of the main (standard) context menu commands inserted by other plug-ins from displaying. Chiggy may have it or another 3rd party plug-in installed that is doing the same thing.

Old 10th October 2014, 16:00   #17
DrO

Quote:
I do lose that context menu command when I have the "MiniLyrics" plug-in enabled. It prevents some of the main (standard) context menu commands inserted by other plug-ins from displaying. Chiggy may have it or another 3rd party plug-in installed that is doing the same thing.
we really need a proper api so plug-ins don't screw up things like happens (and is something that has plagued the menu integration going back years - has bitten me a few times). guess that's something else i need to look into doing, but it'll only work as well as what the plug-ins are updated to use (though i've already made some internal tweaks back at the start of the year to try to mitigate against the native menu options disappearing in such cases as best as can be done).

Quote:
What would be idea, imo, is for Pieter to have PlaylistPro use the "playlist_custom_font=" and the "pe_fontsize=" variables (or the PL editor defaults if these variables aren't there) from the "[Winamp]" section of winamp.ini to set the font and font size used in the results list. Then it would match what is used in the PL editor.
not sure that's something which is even exposed to the modern skins (won't know without digging into things) but those ini options are somewhat implementation specific and wouldn't recommend relying upon them - so if there's no support already, it's probably better if some sort of more formal API is put in place for 6.x instead.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 17:24   #18
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
not sure that's something which is even exposed to the modern skins (won't know without digging into things) but those ini options are somewhat implementation specific and wouldn't recommend relying upon them - so if there's no support already, it's probably better if some sort of more formal API is put in place for 6.x instead.
I guess some people like using different fonts for different parts of Winamp (or never change the defaults). There is already a GP option to have the media library use the same font variables selected for the playlist editor. But there isn't a GP option (or ini options, I can find) to select font variables for the media library, so it uses a default font and size if not set to use the same font variables as the playlist editor. Is this intentional or a correctable oversight?

As for PlaylistPro, it is probably easier for Pieter to add an option for selecting font variables for the results list if there isn't a reliable way to determine what Winamp is using for the playlist editor.

Old 10th October 2014, 17:50   #19
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
... currently the Search bar text is too small for large monitors ...
Have you tried the standard context menu "Window Settings - Scaling" options to help with that?

Old 10th October 2014, 20:33   #20
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Have you tried the standard context menu "Window Settings - Scaling" options to help with that?
Nahh, I don't like Winamp out of scale, that would mean going against my designer spirit..
Old 11th October 2014, 15:14   #21
Aminifu
Forum King

Yeah, the Winamp method of up-scaling just adds more space between pixels (instead of interpolating additional pixels), so beyond a certain point it makes things look 'washed out' and may cause mouse pointing issues. However, I have found the 125% option helpful when using my big screen tv.

The OS (or gpu driver) scaling works better, but then everything on the screen is affected.

Built-in auto-scaling of the PlaylistPro search bar would be nice. Something like DrO mentioned trying to do for the standard Winamp search bars.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins