Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion > Winamp3 Wishlist

Old 25th April 2003, 17:55   #1
Focalstream

Send a message via AIM to Focalstream
Post Add an "include, unmarked, excluded" status to playlist. Very Clean

Winamp3 rocks! The details below outline the issue it solves, and the proposed solution. Feel free to improvise where necessary. I apologize in advance if this feature has already been requested.

Problem to solve:
------------------
At work several people share a network drive that contains a bunch of MP3s, and it grows over time. Each person stores a playlist in this drive. Occasionally I like to update my personal playlist with the new MP3s that have been put in there. I find that I either have to start a new playlist and remove the songs I don't like, or add them one at a time. Both of these solutions takes alot of time, that I should be working =). I usually start a new playlist and then filter it down again. Currently when I click "add directory", all the songs get added again, *even* the ones I have removed from my playlist.

Proposed Feature:
-----------------
The ability to assign a status of "included", "unmarked" or "excluded" to each MP3. This status would be stored in the playlist.

Winamp would play "included" and "unmarked" MP3s and would skip "excluded" MP3s.

Clicking the "add directory" button would have the effect of adding all the MP3s that were in the directory that weren't already in the playlist (in any state). In effect, only new files would get added and their status would be "unmarked".

In the playlist editor included songs could appear in green, unmarked songs could appear in yellow, and excluded appear in red. Single and Multiple selections would have a right click option of marking them as "Included", "Unmarked", or "Excluded". There would also be a general playlist option of show or hide "Excluded" songs.

At the end of the day it would add an intuitive feature for managing a playlist that is easy to keep updated with a frequently changing directory of shared songs.

Other than that it's a simply smashing app. Keep up the great work!
Old 28th April 2003, 21:19   #2
Brennan
Monkey Hump Master

Does the 'Disable playback' feature of the right-click menu help you out in this? You could also try adding the new dir and then picking "Remove duplicate entries".

--Brennan
Old 29th April 2003, 02:30   #3
Focalstream

Send a message via AIM to Focalstream
oh cool, the disable playback feature is exactly what I was asking for. Who would have figured it was right there this whole time. No need to add unnecessary features then, cool.

Thanks Brennan!

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion > Winamp3 Wishlist