Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you think Iraq will comply with the new UN resolution?
Yes 1 7.69%
No 12 92.31%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th November 2002, 22:14   #1
mmitchell86
Senior Member
 
mmitchell86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 213
Send a message via ICQ to mmitchell86 Send a message via Yahoo to mmitchell86
Do you think Iraq will comply with the new UN resolution?

Do you think Iraq will comply with the new UN resolution?

Michael

mmitchell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 22:16   #2
rm'
Banned
 
rm''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 11,361
I couldn't tell you, as I don't have enough information. Based on prior behavior, though, not very likely.
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 22:17   #3
Ravenzfire
Member
 
Ravenzfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 84
Send a message via AIM to Ravenzfire Send a message via Yahoo to Ravenzfire
I hope not, I think we ought to bomb the everloving hell out of 'em
Ravenzfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 22:17   #4
sgtfuzzbubble011
 
sgtfuzzbubble011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 60,837
I still think we need to turn Iraq into a big glass parking lot.

[edit]Yeah, what he said^[/edit]
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 22:23   #5
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)
 
Sandman2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,203
I don't think they will, but I don't think war is the answer either.
Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 22:24   #6
Xion(810)
Major Dude
 
Xion(810)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Gran Da Val Island, Ragol
Posts: 1,020
probobally not.

"George W. Bush plans to create another Grand Canyon as a part of his environmental saving plan...straight through the center of Baghdad..."
Xion(810) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 22:28   #7
RanDom_ErrOr
Banned
 
RanDom_ErrOr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The loony bin, just outside of nutsville,USA. I would visit you, but my room is padded and i cant get out...
Posts: 947
Send a message via ICQ to RanDom_ErrOr Send a message via AIM to RanDom_ErrOr
lol @ ^^

but i hope bush nukes those motherfuckers. or uses neutron bombs for you eco-nuts...
RanDom_ErrOr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 22:32   #8
zootm
Forum King
 
zootm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: the nether reaches of bonnie scotland
Posts: 13,375
Quote:
Originally posted by RanDom_ErrOr
but i hope bush nukes those motherfuckers. or uses neutron bombs for you eco-nuts...
..or comes round to your house and SHOOTS YOU IN THE HEAD for endorsing the massacre of masses of civilians...

as for the actual question, i'm leaning towards 'no', although i'd like to believe otherwise.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 22:35   #9
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)
 
Sandman2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,203
It's not about ecology or anything else. Any time we go to war for a reason like this we end up killing tons of innocent civilians while the actual perpetrators of the crimes go unpunished. We have been bombing Iraq on and off for over a decade and all we've done is decimate any civilian's chance of living a normal life. Yet, Hussein remains in power. How much have we really hurt a man who obviously enjoys terrorizing his own population? We're practically doing his work for him.
Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 22:42   #10
Cameron221
Major Dude
 
Cameron221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
I still think we need to turn Iraq into a big glass parking lot.

[edit]Yeah, what he said^[/edit]
lol

agreed.

"These are the rules. If you dont like them, I got others"
[img]http://metallichica.*************/yribbon.gif[/img]
#unreal2 chat: mIRC - irc://irc.****.org/unreal2
Cameron221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 22:52   #11
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)
 
Sandman2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,203
/me buys zootm a drink and grabs a table away from our warmongering aquaintances.
Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 22:54   #12
dylman
Forum King
 
dylman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hawarden
Posts: 2,115
Saddam Hussein will do what he has always done, which is to try and cling onto power by any means necessary. If in the short term, that means letting the inspectors in, and then covertly hindering them at every turn, then that is what he will do. It's what he did last time, after all...

/edit

There's no need to tell me when I'm right;
I operate on that principle exclusively and with absolute certainty

Last edited by dylman; 11th November 2002 at 23:32.
dylman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 22:55   #13
I am Jesus
Major Dude
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Your mom
Posts: 1,555
Send a message via AIM to I am Jesus
Can't we all be friends?
I am Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 23:13   #14
RanDom_ErrOr
Banned
 
RanDom_ErrOr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The loony bin, just outside of nutsville,USA. I would visit you, but my room is padded and i cant get out...
Posts: 947
Send a message via ICQ to RanDom_ErrOr Send a message via AIM to RanDom_ErrOr
prolly not but u know, that isnt my fault...
RanDom_ErrOr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 23:32   #15
rm'
Banned
 
rm''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 11,361
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012
/me buys zootm a drink and grabs a table away from our warmongering aquaintances.
Hawks eat doves for breakfast

Bart "Ahhh... Alison... her breath smells like Froot Loops"
Lisa: "Oh yeah? Well, I eat Froot Loops for breakfast"
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 23:32   #16
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni
 
Xerxes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: my 4 Houses on Park Place
Posts: 8,687
Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
He will comply, and then reject the inspectors 2 weeks to a month from complying.

Alternately, he possibly might attempt to try a surprise.

My observations and studies of Arab strategy and military psychology lead me to beleive that Saddam, when left with no options, could attempt to do something completely unexpected and somewhat irrational- this could be a second invasion of Kuwait, gassing Kurdistan, sending a biological missle into Isreal, threatening an environmental crime.... something.

The arabs have somewhat of a defeatest outlook... that dates farther back than the Battle of the Pyramids. No matter what they do or how hard they try, the west always wins in the end through a combination of global diplomacy and military technology- thus they have a proclivity for desperate, unorthodox strategy that allows them to bypass these signigicant barriers. 9/11 was a perfect example of this, among others.

There was a european military saying at the turn of the century- "What happens, we have got; the maxim gun, and they have not". Iraq will be soundly defeated no matter what they try- their crude military will be destroyed once again. Already, the US-UK coalition has designated people to convene in a democratic council within the Iraqi border- Saddams eventual replacements.

The result of all these political machinations is a forgone conclusion.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 23:35   #17
Ravenzfire
Member
 
Ravenzfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 84
Send a message via AIM to Ravenzfire Send a message via Yahoo to Ravenzfire
Quote:
Originally posted by rm'


Hawks eat doves for breakfast

Hell Yeah!
Ravenzfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 23:37   #18
rm'
Banned
 
rm''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 11,361
GO MORLOKS!

:-D
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2002, 23:58   #19
Digipak
Major Dude
 
Digipak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: w00t.
Posts: 513
Send a message via AIM to Digipak
No seems to be the obvious answer...he hasn't before, why would he now?

And although I am all for turning Iraq into a big glass parking lot, why not make it into something useful, like a big glass computer store? :P

[/dork]

If you don't look, I'll force you to.
Digipak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 00:56   #20
mmitchell86
Senior Member
 
mmitchell86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 213
Send a message via ICQ to mmitchell86 Send a message via Yahoo to mmitchell86
Quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes
He will comply, and then reject the inspectors 2 weeks to a month from complying.

Alternately, he possibly might attempt to try a surprise.

My observations and studies of Arab strategy and military psychology lead me to beleive that Saddam, when left with no options, could attempt to do something completely unexpected and somewhat irrational- this could be a second invasion of Kuwait, gassing Kurdistan, sending a biological missle into Isreal, threatening an environmental crime.... something.

The arabs have somewhat of a defeatest outlook... that dates farther back than the Battle of the Pyramids. No matter what they do or how hard they try, the west always wins in the end through a combination of global diplomacy and military technology- thus they have a proclivity for desperate, unorthodox strategy that allows them to bypass these signigicant barriers. 9/11 was a perfect example of this, among others.

There was a european military saying at the turn of the century- "What happens, we have got; the maxim gun, and they have not". Iraq will be soundly defeated no matter what they try- their crude military will be destroyed once again. Already, the US-UK coalition has designated people to convene in a democratic council within the Iraqi border- Saddams eventual replacements.

The result of all these political machinations is a forgone conclusion.
Nicley Put (wise) xerxes, i would like to see bilbo baggins try reply to your statement, if he reads this thread.

Michael

mmitchell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 01:13   #21
zootm
Forum King
 
zootm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: the nether reaches of bonnie scotland
Posts: 13,375
Quote:
Originally posted by rm'
GO MORLOKS!

:-D
wow, i get that reference.

very relevant, too.

cheers for the drink too, sandman.

and yes, you're right xerxes. continued threats of force will most likely cause completely destructive and irrational behaviour from iraq. the question is, how likely would they be to do it anyway? it's too late now, the damage has been done. saddam is probably already planning his legacy to the world.


Last edited by zootm; 12th November 2002 at 01:37.
zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 03:49   #22
rm'
Banned
 
rm''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 11,361
Just want to point out, it still has to be seen whether or not Iraq will ratify the resolution in the first place.
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 06:03   #23
Trigear
bear!
 
Trigear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,426
Quote:
Originally posted by rm'
GO MORLOCKS!
who would be the morlock in this scenario? and who would be the eloi? i take it you intend us, the west, as the morlocks here, but sadam is not exactly a typical eloi.
Trigear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 06:10   #24
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni
 
Xerxes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: my 4 Houses on Park Place
Posts: 8,687
Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
Quote:
Originally posted by mmitchell86


Nicley Put (wise) xerxes, i would like to see bilbo baggins try reply to your statement, if he reads this thread.
He don't even try no'mo

zootm- they would be highly likely to it again. Do you know how many people Saddam murdered within his own extended family to this point? He is an extremely unstable psychopath who has described himself in his speeches alternately as modern incarnations of Saladin and King Nebuchadnezzar.

And Morlocks? Are you referring to the troglodyte people from the time machine?
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 09:30   #25
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)
 
Sandman2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,203
Some things that should be known:
  • despite the so-called "sugical strikes" depicted in the media, 100,000 to 150,000 civilian deaths were caused by Desert Storm in Iraq.
  • U.N. approved economic sanctions against Iraq have resulted in over one million Iraqi civilian deaths, many who are children that can not receive adequate nutrition or health care.
  • according to the Geneva Convention, waging war on a civilian population is considered a war crime.
  • of the 700,000 American troops involved in Desert Storm, nearly 200,000 have come down with the mysterious "Gulf War Syndrome." 9,600 have died. It is believed that the main cause of this ailment was the American military's use of shells made from depleted uranium (DU). None of the soldiers at the time were informed that the shells were made from this material.
  • DU can still be found all over Iraq in the form of spent shells. In the last ten years cancer rates have skyrocketed in Iraq, especially in areas near artillary strikes.
  • Desert Storm decimated Iraq's economy so completely that Hussein can hardly be called a threat. It has been theorized that the only reason the American military hasn't removed him from power is that those in a position to take over Iraq if Hussein is removed are not liked by the American government.

If anyone feels comfortable with this much blood on their hands, by all means continue to support war against Iraq. For more info on the DU/Gulf War syndrome click here.

Happy Veteran's Day.
Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 09:45   #26
binary hero
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,004
Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012
[*]DU can still be found all over Iraq in the form of spent shells. In the last ten years cancer rates have skyrocketed in Iraq, especially in areas near artillary strikes.
precisley. we should bomb em all. that'll learn em for making us attack them and leave DU all over the place. They should have cleaned up after us.

I think they will comply...they don't have much of a choice really. But they will postpone and stall everything for as long as possible. I don't think Saddam Hussein is stupid enough to attack us (us = western people)

[edit]it's saddam hussein, not nasser hussein. pity about the ashes though
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 09:54   #27
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)
 
Sandman2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,203
bh, I know you're being facetious, but these are innocent civilians, many who are children, who have nothing to do with Saddam Hussein's regime. They just happened to be born there. Imagine somebody poisoned and killed your entire family because they didn't like a decision made by your City's mayor.
Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 10:10   #28
binary hero
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 7,004
Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
i know. that's why i am against any military offensive against iraq...didn't say that because i'm tired and confused
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 12:34   #29
zootm
Forum King
 
zootm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: the nether reaches of bonnie scotland
Posts: 13,375
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012
bh, I know you're being facetious, but these are innocent civilians, many who are children, who have nothing to do with Saddam Hussein's regime. They just happened to be born there. Imagine somebody poisoned and killed your entire family because they didn't like a decision made by your City's mayor.
that pretty much sums up my opposition to military action. the only valid reason for military action is to save civilian lives. this will not happen. america will install a government who will continue to opress the people, but will sell oil to american conglomerates (the rates have already been agreed with the government that the US have decided to put in there) at a low price, so as to give an unfair advantage.

so, in summary, it's all about the money.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 17:55   #30
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)
 
Sandman2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,203
Quote:
Originally posted by binary hero
...i'm tired and confused
[old man voice]Welcome to my world, sonny![/end old man voice]

Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 19:44   #31
Cameron221
Major Dude
 
Cameron221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012
If anyone feels comfortable with this much blood on their hands, by all means continue to support war against Iraq. For more info on the DU/Gulf War syndrome click here.

Happy Veteran's Day.
The arabs have had too much power involving petroleum (used in gas, oil, plastics, hand lotion, etc) and then need to understand the right of fair share.

Therefore, if many die in a pointless war, they served their country and god proudly and they stand tall.

We have no choice. A war with Iraq is imminent. I dont support war, but we have no choice.

Thats why im joining Coast Guard, I protect the homefront.

"These are the rules. If you dont like them, I got others"
[img]http://metallichica.*************/yribbon.gif[/img]
#unreal2 chat: mIRC - irc://irc.****.org/unreal2
Cameron221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 19:47   #32
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)
 
Atmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 9,400
Quote:
Originally posted by Cameron221


The arabs have had too much power involving petroleum (used in gas, oil, plastics, hand lotion, etc) and then need to understand the right of fair share.

Therefore, if many die in a pointless war, they served their country and god proudly and they stand tall.

We have no choice. A war with Iraq is imminent.
Petroleum isnt used to make oil, oil is used to make petroleum...
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 22:05   #33
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni
 
Xerxes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: my 4 Houses on Park Place
Posts: 8,687
Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
Quote:
Originally posted by Cameron221

Thats why im joining Coast Guard, I protect the homefront.
Actually, if a real big war starts, the Coast Guard hets the unattractive job of occupying the other sides coast- they arn't all defense you know...
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 22:11   #34
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)
 
Sandman2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,203
Quote:
Originally posted by Cameron221
The arabs have had too much power involving petroleum (used in gas, oil, plastics, hand lotion, etc) and then need to understand the right of fair share.
Once again I point out that the civilians born into an arab nation have little to no control over what their leaders do with the trade of oil.

Also, if western nations sunk even just half the money they used for warfare into researching ways to make viable and affordable alternatives to oil use, like electric cars, solar power, and things like that, we would send a message to the OPEC nations that we are not dependent on them anymore.
Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 22:19   #35
mmitchell86
Senior Member
 
mmitchell86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 213
Send a message via ICQ to mmitchell86 Send a message via Yahoo to mmitchell86
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012
Some things that should be known:
[*]Desert Storm decimated Iraq's economy so completely that Hussein can hardly be called a threat. It has been theorized that the only reason the American military hasn't removed him from power is that those in a position to take over Iraq if Hussein is removed are not liked by the American government.[/list]
Sand man you b***dy fool! Have you been watching the same Iraq stories to everybody else????

The primary reason here with Iraq is about Weapons Of Mass Destruction, not Iraqs fcuked up economy. Would you really trust Saddam Hussein (or any Arab country (bar Israel)) with weapons of mass destruction?

Michael

mmitchell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 22:48   #36
netblade83
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Hell
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012

Some things that should be known:
despite the so-called "sugical strikes" depicted in the media, 100,000 to 150,000 civilian deaths were caused by Desert Storm in Iraq.
and where do whose stats come from: The iraqi government (or the UN, which gets its stat straight from the Iraqi government
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012

U.N. approved economic sanctions against Iraq have resulted in over one million Iraqi civilian deaths, many who are children that can not receive adequate nutrition or health care.
currently, saddam exports over 6 billion in oil.. he spends most of it on illegal weapons.. just today, it came out that he has bought 1 million doses of antidote for nerve gas.. that cant be cheap
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012

according to the Geneva Convention, waging war on a civilian population is considered a war crime.
the war wasnt aimed at civillians, and wont be in the future.... anyway, if its illegal to wage war on civillians, shouldnt the conclusion be that its wrong to use civillians in defense (human shields)
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012

of the 700,000 American troops involved in Desert Storm, nearly 200,000 have come down with the mysterious "Gulf War Syndrome." 9,600 have died. It is believed that the main cause of this ailment was the American military's use of shells made from depleted uranium (DU). None of the soldiers at the time were informed that the shells were made from this material.
actually, the main cause of this is believed to be the result of iraqi chemical weapons factories being blown up, and these chemicals were spread into the air by the explosion.. large enough amounts to cause gulf war syndrome, but not enough to cause death
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012

DU can still be found all over Iraq in the form of spent shells. In the last ten years cancer rates have skyrocketed in Iraq, especially in areas near artillary strikes.
its also been proven that DU is safe fur use in shells.... its just another word people like to scare others with.. like irradiation, another perfectly safe thing, tainted by a connotation of radiation
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012

Desert Storm decimated Iraq's economy so completely that Hussein can hardly be called a threat. It has been theorized that the only reason the American military hasn't removed him from power is that those in a position to take over Iraq if Hussein is removed are not liked by the American government.
the reason the US hasnt before is, contrary to all the anti-americans out there, the US DOES care what the world thinks, amd america has had its eyes opened to terrorism...
netblade83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 22:55   #37
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)
 
Sandman2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,203
Quote:
Originally posted by mmitchell86


Sand man you b***dy fool! Have you been watching the same Iraq stories to everybody else????

The primary reason here with Iraq is about Weapons Of Mass Destruction, not Iraqs fcuked up economy. Would you really trust Saddam Hussein (or any Arab country (bar Israel)) with weapons of mass destruction?

Michael
If Hussein has weapons of mass destruction, and anything else that violates the treaties signed after Desert Storm then I have no problem with removing him from power and bringing him to trial. Seriously, if he's guilty, shoot the motherfucker in the back of the head for all I care. But I stand by my assertion that it's wrong to wage war on a civilian population while simultaneously endangering your own soldiers with dangerously radioactive ammunition.

None of the information I posted is disputed. It's just not reported in the mainstream media. Most of the information leaked to the mainstream media from the military is used to create popular support for the war. I'm not saying that everything on CNN is inaccurate, or that everything in alternative presses is true, but getting information from various sources, mainstream and otherwise, helps one to see the bigger picture and form one's own opinions, instead of the opinions put forth by others.
Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 23:00   #38
rm'
Banned
 
rm''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 11,361
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012


If Hussein has weapons of mass destruction, and anything else that violates the treaties signed after Desert Storm then I have no problem with removing him from power and bringing him to trial. Seriously, if he's guilty, shoot the motherfucker in the back of the head for all I care.
How do you propose we do that? We've had a jolly good time at it with Castro
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 23:06   #39
zootm
Forum King
 
zootm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: the nether reaches of bonnie scotland
Posts: 13,375
Quote:
Originally posted by mmitchell86
The primary reason here with Iraq is about Weapons Of Mass Destruction, not Iraqs fcuked up economy. Would you really trust Saddam Hussein (or any Arab country (bar Israel)) with weapons of mass destruction?
stupid.

Quote:
originally posted by netblade83
the reason the US hasnt before is, contrary to all the anti-americans out there, the US DOES care what the world thinks, amd america has had its eyes opened to terrorism...
y'know, sometimes disproving someone is so easy its not worth the effort to do it.

to be fair, i'm drunk right now, and i can still think of eloquent (sp?) counters to both these shallow pointless arguments. what's your excuse?

at least Xerxes (the official winamp forums heartless capitalist) understands the real reason behind attacking iraq.

stop lying to yourself. saddam is a dictator, not a terrorist. if he attacked (say) israel, what would that be? an act of terrorism? no. an act of war.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2002, 23:20   #40
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse
 
Bilbo Baggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: The Forest
Posts: 17,229
Why am I the fall guy when it comes to your threads Mitchel?

Saddam Hussein is almost certainly not going to stick to the UN terms, he is more likely to start making terms of his own, and the UN is going to likely go along with him because they will be happy enough to be allowed back in the country and have a look. A great many people (mainly crappy Europeans) were oppossed to the whole thing with Iraq in the first place.

I personally think that an attack on Iraq can be justified if it is made to liberate an oppressed people from a brutal regime. Afghanistan was about Osama, the removal of the Taliban was a nice, but convienient back drop. The Americans cannot go into Iraq and make war because Hussien might have WMD's, because then to follow through this policy, they would have to invade the other members of the Axis of Evil (or was it Allies of Evil?) and a few other states as well.

I think that of the options for Saddam Xerxes spoke of, the most likely are the bombing of Israel and the deployment of some form of Environmental disaster. I do not think he would invade Kuwait again, as he would not be able to form the necessary logistics to deploy such a manoevre, and he has already gassed the Kurds to the heavans, and provoked no real respone other than sanctions, so why bother now?
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump