Old 17th December 2003, 22:26   #1
(\/)(\/)

"docs" and "data" dirs in wasabi.player

In WA3 there used to be a "Winamp3/Wacs/Docs" and "Winamp3/Wacs/Data" dirs. In wasabi.player they are missing as of now.

What is the planned layout for the dir structure for these directories?

Is it-
*) "wasabi.player/Wacs/winamp/mywac/Docs/" and "wasabi.player/Wacs/winamp/mywac/data/"

or

*)"wasabi.player/Wacs/winamp/Docs/mywac/" and "wasabi.player/Wacs/winamp/data/mywac/"

Personally I like the first one. More organised as "mywac" dir contains all files specific to my wac.
Old 17th December 2003, 22:35   #2
Plague
f(caffeine){
return wasabi;
}
(Forum King)

why /winamp/ ???
what has that got to do with anything?

-Plague
Old 17th December 2003, 22:40   #3
(\/)(\/)

because my wac is specific to winamp? Just like the xml file for my wac wil be under "wasabi.player/Wacs/winamp/mywac/xml/"
Old 18th December 2003, 00:54   #4
Brennan
Monkey Hump Master

Nope, wacs/data still exists. You shouldn't hardcode this dir, though. You should call api->path_getComponentDataPath(). If you don't, you're going to get in trouble if/when someone tries to run off a CD-ROM or something.

There was never, to my knowledge, a "docs" dir, though.

Also, we're probably gonna rename that "winamp" directory. I'm not sure to what yet though.

Brennan
Old 18th December 2003, 04:12   #5
(\/)(\/)

great.. thanks. Is there a similar api call to get the whole path of wasabi.player install?
Old 18th December 2003, 04:16   #6
(\/)(\/)

Also, you said "Nope, wacs/data still exists." I did a fresh install of 499g wasabi.player and there was no "data" dir in it.

*confused*
Old 18th December 2003, 05:05   #7
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
Quote:
Originally posted by (\/)(\/)
Also, you said "Nope, wacs/data still exists." I did a fresh install of 499g wasabi.player and there was no "data" dir in it.

*confused*
prob cause nothing is in there yet... once a component saves specifics, im sure itll be created.

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-
Old 20th December 2003, 03:39   #8
(\/)(\/)

Now I am more confused! Winamp3 and wasabi.player have different style for "data" directories!

For wasabi.player - C:\Documents and Settings/UserName/Application Data/wasabi.player/data

and

For Winamp3 - C:/Program Files/Winamp3/Wacs/data

So I am sugessing that a decision was made to change the data dir location and we are going for the "Application Data/wasabi.player/data" style now.
Old 20th December 2003, 04:36   #9
Darkain
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Darkain Send a message via AIM to Darkain Send a message via Yahoo to Darkain
Quote:
Originally posted by (\/)(\/)
Now I am more confused! Winamp3 and wasabi.player have different style for "data" directories!

For wasabi.player - C:\Documents and Settings/UserName/Application Data/wasabi.player/data

and

For Winamp3 - C:/Program Files/Winamp3/Wacs/data

So I am sugessing that a decision was made to change the data dir location and we are going for the "Application Data/wasabi.player/data" style now.
thats because you installed it w/ per-user settings mode. disable that, and it should revert back to the dir you installed wasabi.player into

-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
-=- RM-X Home Page - Controlling Winamp via RM-900, RM-1000, RM-1500, ATI Remote Wonder, Joysticks, Gamepads, Wheels, Keyboard shortcuts, Multimedia keyboards, across the net, and much more! -=- Defenestration !!! -=-

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Wasabi Development