Old 4th January 2004, 15:55   #1
Skeeter323

Playlist from open dir

I have an apache webserver running. On this webserver I have a directory where al my mp3 files are located in. When at school I want to put all my mp3 files from home in my playlist so i can stream them. I can add them one by one by dragging the link from iexplore to playlist. But when having 5000+ mp3's this is impossible. Is there a way to make a playlist from a online directory faster??? Just like you can add a folder from a local hdd.
Skeeter323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 22:57   #2
WHEREamI
Major Dude

save a playlist to your server. that should work. as long as the mp3's dont' change too much.

hmm... maybe you can Add Location the root folder and it will add all of them. try that.
WHEREamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2004, 23:04   #3
WHEREamI
Major Dude

another idea. it struck me, you don't have to run an appache server to do this, since it's on your home comp, right? ok, so run a shoutcast server, password protected if you like, and run WWWinamp (get it on www.nullsoft.com) to play certain songs. i belive WWWinamp just got revamped too, to make it even cooler.

(if you were using wasabi.player instead, you could use Brennan's new httpd.wac and plexport.wac. those two are VERY cool.)

~WHEREamI
WHEREamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2004, 00:29   #4
Brennan
Monkey Hump Master

Actually if he's using wasabi.player he can already add the webpage with links as a playlist entry (add url) and it should parse out the links and add them to the playlist.

Although httpd.wac/plexport.wac is certainly the more elegant solution.

Brennan
Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion