Old 29th July 2006, 03:51   #1
asmashedpumpkin

Full Servers

Is there any adjustments that can be made through preferences or options that enable one to enter video streams faster and with less "server full" wait time? As well once in a stream how do you avoid buffering every 5-10 seconds (only happens in certain streams)? Thank you in advance for any advice or help you can offer.

P.S. Forgot to mention that I have cable internet in reference to the buffering question.

Last edited by asmashedpumpkin; 29th July 2006 at 04:11.
asmashedpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2006, 05:27   #2
Nick@ss

nope if the server is full you have to wait as long as it takes for a slot to become free.

if the server is buffering every 5 - 10 seconds then this will most probably be down to the host of the server.

you would be better asking your questions in the winamp forum as this area is for people using shoutcast to stream with..
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2006, 17:20   #3
hackerdork
Forum King

or talking to the server admin if you can find them, most of the streams are anymonous.

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
hackerdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2006, 22:54   #4
asmashedpumpkin

Thank you so much for the quick replys, sorry about using the wrong forums. Anywho thanks for the info.
asmashedpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions