Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Closed Thread
Old 13th February 2007, 18:49   #1
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Post All Winamp 5.33 Official Plugin Bug Reports In This Thread

Report ALL Winamp 5.33 Plugin bugs in this thread ONLY.

ALL OTHER REPORTS WILL BE DELETED (YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED).

INCOMPLETE\LAME REPORTS (AKA: IMPOSSIBLE TO REPRODUCE) WILL BE IGNORED.

Here is a LIST of the Official Plugins and their Versions that shipped with 5.33

Input:
Nullsoft CD plug-in (CDDB2) v3.31 [in_cdda.dll]
Nullsoft DirectShow Decoder v1.01 [in_dshow.dll]
Nullsoft FLAC Decoder v1.1.2e [in_flac.dll]
Nullsoft LineIn plugin v3.11 [in_linein.dll]
Nullsoft MIDI player 3.13 [in_midi.dll]
Nullsoft Module Decoder v2.2.3 [in_mod.dll]
Nullsoft MPEG Audio Decoder 4.04 [in_mp3.dll]
Nullsoft MPEG-4 Audio Decoder v1.2 [in_mp4.dll]
Nullsoft NSV Decoder v1.07 [in_nsv.dll]
Nullsoft Vorbis Decoder v1.48 [in_vorbis.dll]
Nullsoft Waveform Decoder v3.11 [in_wave.dll]
Nullsoft Windows Media Decoder 3.24 [in_wm.dll]

Output:
DirectSound Output v2.46 (d) [out_ds.dll]
Waveout output v2.1 (d) [out_wave.dll]
Nullsoft Disk Writer Plug-in v2.11 [out_disk.dll]

Visualization:
Advanced Visualization Studio v2.81d [vis_avs.dll]
MilkDrop 1.04d [vis_milk.dll]
Nullsoft Tiny Fullscreen v2.08 [vis_nsfs.dll]

DSP/FX:
Nullsoft Signal Processing Studio DSP v0.37 [dsp_sps.dll]

CD Ripping Encoders:
AAC/aacPlus Encoder v1.24 [enc_aacplus.dll]
FLAC Encoder (Flake SVN r117) [enc_flac.dll]
MP4 AAC/aacPlus Encoder v1.24 [enc_aacplus.dll]
MP3 Encoder v1.32 [enc_lame.dll] (with lame_enc.dll 3.97)
WAV Output (built-in)
WMA Encoder v1.2 [enc_wma.dll]

General Purpose:
Nullsoft Tray Control v2.0 [gen_tray.dll]
Nullsoft Global Hotkeys v1.31 [gen_hotkeys.dll]
Nullsoft Winamp Library v3.1 [gen_ml.dll]
Nullsoft Modern Skins Support v1.25 [gen_ff.dll]
Jump To File Extra v0.97.11 (Build 109) [gen_jumpex.dll]

Media Library:
Nullsoft Bookmarks v1.02 [ml_bookmarks.dll]
Nullsoft Dashboard v1.0 [ml_dash.dll]
Nullsoft Format Converter v2.1 [ml_transcode.dll]
Nullsoft History v1.02 [ml_history.dll]
Nullsoft Local Media v1.5 [ml_local.dll]
Nullsoft Now Playing v2.01 [ml_nowplaying.dll]
Nullsoft Online Services v1.31 [ml_online.dll]
Nullsoft Playlists v1.07 [ml_playlists.dll]
Nullsoft Portable Music Player Support v1.13 [ml_pmp.dll]
Nullsoft Replay Gain Analyzer v1.02 [ml_rg.dll]
Nullsoft Rip & Burn v1.12 [ml_disc.dll]
Nullsoft SHOUTcast Wire v1.08 [ml_wire.dll]
ml_xpdxs (Predixis MusicMagic) v1.0.4 [ml_xpdxs.dll]

Portables:
Nullsoft Creative NJB Plug-in v0.51 [pmp_njb.dll]
Nullsoft iPod Plug-in v0.55 [pmp_ipod.dll]
Nullsoft Microsoft PlaysForSure Plug-in v0.6 [pmp_p4s.dll]
Nullsoft USB Device Plug-in v0.53 [pmp_usb.dll]
Nullsoft ActiveSync Plug-in v0.15 [pmp_activesync.dll]

Provide the following Information with every Report,
and with every CONFIRMATION of someone else's report:

Winamp 5.33 - clean install (with NO 3rd-party plugins)
Windows OS, including Service Pack
System specs (mobo, cpu, ram)
Video Card, Video Card Drivers version
Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers version
DirectX version
Plugin and Plugin version affected by/causing the bug

A full, detailed, step-by-step method of reproduction

If applicable, also include Error Logs and/or FULL Error Messages.

To reproduce some bugs, we may also need a link to a zipped sample file
(eg. an .mp3, .aac, .wav, .mid file, etc).

The more information you provide US, the Faster we can or will help you.

Do NOT report ANY 3rd-party plugin bugs/issues here.
Report them to the author(s) instead (and point them to the 5.32 sdk)

Maintained by DJ Egg
Old 18th February 2007, 06:01   #2
pkasting

Five quick media library bugs:
(1) Select some set of files in the media library, right click, and ask to "read metadata". The dialog box that appears says that the total number of files to read is the total number in the media library, not the number you selected. (It does stop after reading the metadata for the files you selected, instead of reading every file.)

(2) Sorting by Album Gain (in either direction) doesn't put files in quite the right order. It's roughly correct, but for example the top of my list (supposedly lowest gain first) looks like:
A quick check of Track Gain sorting looks like in that case the sort order is correct.

(3) After upgrading from 5.32, my media library slowly began filling with duplicate files. Presumably something about the new DB format made the library unable to tell that all those files were already present. (?)

(4) To fix the problem, I tried to first select all files in the library and delete them, but while this made them disappear from the main file listing, the "artist list" in the upper left still showed all my old artists, and could not be cleared except by restarting Winamp.

(5) After restarting, I explicitly told the library to rescan all watch folders. When it was done it continued to show "0 files" until I began typing into the search box, at which point all the lists refreshed.

Finally, I'm not sure if it counts as an "official plugin" bug, but, as was the case in 5.32, my Apple Lossless files still aren't applying ReplayGain on playback (verified by changing the "gain for non-RG files" slider during playback). Both the file info (alt-3) and the media library show the gain info for these tracks. I'm using the "essential plugins" pack to provide ALAC support.

---

Winamp 5.33 - clean install (with NO 3rd-party plugins) - I do have the 5.33 "essentials pack" installed
Windows XP SP2
Athlon XP "Barton" 2500+ (1.84 GHz), 512 MB RAM, Shuttle MN31N (from memory, could be wrong)
Radeon 9800 PRO (ati2dvag.dll v6.14.0010.6631)
Onboard NVIDIA nForce audio (nvapu.sys v6.14.0442.0030)
DirectX 9.0c

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
The fix for 3-5 is refernced in the Known Bugs sticky thread.

Last edited by pkasting; 18th February 2007 at 06:29.
Old 24th February 2007, 00:19   #3
boiert

Winamp Avtivesync plugin bug ( reported free space wrong)

I recently upgraded from activesync 3.8 to 4.5.
This enables the pmp_activesync plugin.

I then changed the Folders under advanced,
Music folder: \SD Card\MUZIEK\
Video folder: \SD Card\FILMS\
Playlist Folder: \SD Card\MUZIEK\playlists

And reconnected the device.
I have a 1 GB SD card with +- 300 MB free space.

When it first connected it showed some strange values for free space (like 100000%)

Now it shows:
Name: Capacity (Free)
Freya 24 MiB (56%)

25 items [436 MiB] [13 MiB available (56%) / 24 MiB]
These are the values for the ram storage (not the best place to put mp3's)

If I try to sync it manually it will upload 3-5 songs,
I can repeat that step until there is no more space on the SD card.

Could you please fix the free space detection?
Thanks in advance
Old 25th February 2007, 21:31   #4
MasterGoa

Media library delay on playing streams.

whenever I have the Media Library window
open to Shoutcast Radio, switching streams
takes anywhere from 20 to 30 seconds.

After 30 minutes of listening, everything was normal
but became lagging again after 1 minute.

This bug was not present in 5.32.

Thanks.

MG
Old 26th February 2007, 16:29   #5
Ikariya

Possible mem leak in [vis_avs.dll]

AVS appears to leak a ton of memory on my machine (this problem mainly exhibited while AVS running).

Winamp since the earlier 5.xx versions has always used a lot of memory, both on my 3 year old PC and my brand new one now. I was running 5.24 on my newly built PC (running Vista for just 3 days, very clean, fresh Winamp with no additional plugins) and had AVS cycling random presets even while stopped, after 1 day Winamp had eaten 1.2 GB of memory which was freed upon closing it.

Updated to 5.33 and problem still appears to be there, was sitting idle on 110 MB usage (strangely high already), started AVS and jumped instantly to 170 MB, and in the time I've been typing this it has risen to 190 MB. No music playing.

By contrast my housemate's PC is running 5.24, and Winamp uses only 50 MB while he runs AVS, with a playlist 10x the size of mine, and lots of plugins. He is running Win XP SP2 however.

Clean Winamp 5.33, modern skin, default settings, nothing extra
Windows Vista Ultimate release, up to date
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4gHz
Asus P5N32-E SLI, nForce 680i
2x 1GB OCZ Platinum DDR800 5-5-5-15
Leadtek GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB, nVidia ForceWare 100.65
SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio, AnalogDevices 6.10.1.6030
DirectX 10 (also installed 9.0c)

Hope I'm not alone in this, Winamp just hit 210 MB now :S
Old 5th March 2007, 10:04   #6
!aliha-dj

Thanks dj egg
Old 6th March 2007, 09:56   #7
stoicnluv

Format Converter

I'm not sure if it's really a bug or just a limitation, but when I use the Format Convert to transcode a 128kbps mp3 to 80kbps HE-AAC+ and then downsample again to 64kbps HE-AAC+, its quality is very degraded compared to when I convert from 128kbps mp3 directly to 64kbps.

It just so happen that I converted all my mp3s to AAC+ for backup purposes and when I tried to downsample again, I can't believe it sounded very bad.

It's not really that critical but I just like to inform other people as well.

Thanks and more power to all.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
No, that is expected behaviour, not a bug. You will lose quality with every new re-encode when transcoding between lossy formats, because that's how lossy formats work.
Old 6th March 2007, 22:58   #8
darwyn88

in_wm.dll --- unable to burn audio cd

in_wm.dll 3.24 module is bad -- cannot burn audio CD from WMA unsecured files. Vista machine just returned to media library window and did not attempt to check license or prepare to burn. XP computer began to check for license then had Fatal Error in the in_wm.dll module. When replaced with previous version 3.23 CD burning completely normal.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Crash when trying to burn WMA files is fixed in in_wm.dll for 5.34. Thanks.
Old 7th March 2007, 07:38   #9
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
yes, this happens also here (XP only). 3.23 is okay.
Old 17th March 2007, 02:40   #10
mtffm

PMP Won't Deal with Directories With "..."

Using a clean install of Winamp 5.33 on Windows XP, and a USB Filesystem Player...

I have a few album titles with "..." in their name, including "...And Justice For All", which is stored in D:\Music\Cds\Metallica\...And Justice For All\
and should be sent to F:\MUSIC\CDS\Metallica\...And Justice For All\ (according to my settings)

I can not transfer files to my IAudio X5, which is just being used as a USB filesystem device.

There is no error message, just when I right click on the album and click "Send To Device", it doesn't do anything. Every other directory (other than "...Hits", my other directory with ...) will transfer fine.

Not that I imagine it makes a difference, but these are .ogg files in the directory.

I imagine this is with some overzealous check for ".." in the directory name.

Winamp 5.33, no third party plugins.
Windows XP SP2
pmp_usb.dll: v0.53
ml_pmp.dll: v1.13.

Old 18th March 2007, 05:39   #11
fsh

pmp_activesync v0.15

I'm having the same problems with the activesync plugin as were mentioned above. I have a blank formatted 1GB SD Card that I want to put the music on, and while WinAmp recognizes my PocketPC, it gives wonky data when trying (for instance) to autofill.

In the preferences section for this device, I changed the directories to '/Storage Card/Music'.

From a clean boot of windows, clicking on the Portables tab in media library shows the PPC as having 31MB (85%) Free. When I click on the PPC itself, it shows the device library with the four songs I copied last time. I hit the auto-fill button, and it says it will add four songs and delete four songs. The ticker on the Portables goes from 0% to 100%, and then I have my four new songs, and media library still shows my device as 85% empty. I can also use the right-click 'Send' command, but it will still only let me transfer ~4 songs at a time.

Another problem:

Once this was done, I disconnected my PPC to make sure the files were actually on the SD Card & played them the make sure they worked (which they were & did). Upon reconnecting the PPC to the computer (all this was done while winamp was open), the ML Portables tab reported my PPC as having 1.96GB (348532291%) of free space (where the 1.96GB comes from I've no idea - my PPC has a 1GB card and ~256MB built-in RAM/ROM).

At this point, no transfers can be done. Both Autofill and the Send command put transfers on the list, but they all show status 'Cannot open file on device'. The refresh on the media library seemed to happen before the activesync refresh, so it's probably some sort of connectivity issue. Closing and re-opening winamp fixes this problem, but it still only shows 31MB free space.

Please let me know if you need any more information about these problem. I would love to be able to transfer music to my PPC through winamp - I wouldn't even need an ipod then....

-Chris Flora
Old 18th March 2007, 14:44   #12
Haikz

Ack, I misposted.

Placing two envelope points at the same position horizontally in a loop results in a division by zero (==> crash) in in_mod.dll.

Winamp caused an Integer Divide by Zero (0xc0000094)
in module in_mod.dll at 001b:12f0ef47

Example (.it): http://up.servut.us/dl/809
Old 1st April 2007, 06:35   #13
Roi-de-rats

Send a message via ICQ to Roi-de-rats
ReplayGainAnalysis crashbug and annoyance

a) Design bug of user interface
When the analysis for several tracks is done, and user clicks "save track data" the window will stay sticky "always on top" until all savings are done, and it freezes Winamp GUI for duration of saving. For few hundred tracks it really is painful as it wastes a big area of my screen and can't be positioned so that it's not on way of other application windows.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
You can hide the rg results dialog by unchecking 'ask before writing to files' in ml_rg config (Prefs > Plugins > Media Library).

b) Crash due power management?
This is a bad bug report by definition, sorry that I can't give you a better report due non-reproduceability :-(
When computer is left alone to run Gain Analysis for several hundred tracks, I frequently found Winamp crashed. It was always in RequestDeviceWakeup in kernel32.dll but I don't have dump of it. Once I took a quick look and it seemed the stack was corrupt so "ret" had no idea whereto return.

This seemed to have something to do about power saving settings, but I can't reproduce it anymore, since I changed some bios settings(atleast disabled "suspend to ram" and wakeup from USB keyboard) and the crashing stopped.

I can't find such bios setting combination again that I could crash the plugin and get a good crashdump, but I suggest you to grep the source files for RequestDeviceWakeup and consider if there's some ancient code that uses it and evaluate it's necessarity, as it seems to be undocumented on current MSDN.

My system is Windows 2000 Pro with AMD Athlon XP1700+ on Gigabyte's GA-7VAX mobo.
Old 7th April 2007, 23:40   #14
tangofan

Security vulnerabilities in in_mod.dll

There is a report of 3 security vulnerabilities in Winamp (2 of which in in_mod.dll), see the this article. The article is in German, but the 3 advisory links point to an description in English.

Since the author mentions that he hasn't reported them to AOL/Nullsoft, I thought I'd point them out.

Best Regards,
Bernhard

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Yup, we know about them.
They're not majorly critical, but will be fixed for 5.34, coming soon.
I've removed your links for security reasons.
Thanks
Old 9th April 2007, 09:25   #15
Roi-de-rats

Send a message via ICQ to Roi-de-rats
ReplayGainAnalysis decoder failure

ReplayGainAnalysis fails to calculate any result for these files. One is rather low bitrate, the other is VBR encoded. It will immediately show up the Save Results screen with no calculated values.

Playing the files works just fine.

Both mp3s zipped here:
http://hyper.fi/~jakemus/nogain.zip

Winamp 5.33, Windows 2000 Pro SP4, AMD Athlon XP 1700+
Old 12th April 2007, 09:04   #16
Vampik

Send a message via ICQ to Vampik
The DirectShow plugin problems reported ages ago (well, one year ago) are still not fixed.
The first is here - http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=239610
The second is here -
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=1880501

Reproducible in Winamp 5.33, Winamp 5.34.1239 and any earlier version, clean install.
Windows XP SP2, DirectX 9.0c
Nullsoft DirectShow Decoder v1.01, 1.02 and any earlier.

1. It doesn't always load all needed directshow filters.
I use Gabest's DirectVobSub 2.37 (VSfilter.dll) for displaying subtitles. It has autoloading feature when external or embedded subtitles are present in a file. Everything's ok when I use external subtitles. However if there are only embedded subtitles present (in mkv or ogm container, for example), DirectVobSub filter isn't loaded by Winamp (but is loaded by WMP, GraphEdit or any other DirectShow player/app).
For embedded subtitles in OGM container Winamp only loads Windows' "Internal Script Command Renderer", other applications load it only when DirectVobSub is deactivated at all.

Splitters used for OGM and MKV - latest Gabest's or RadLight.
DirectVobSub - latest Gabest's v2.37.
Reproducible with any OGM or MKV with embedded subtitles (I can provide a sample if you need one).

Also, I've set ffdshow audio decoder to handle uncompressed audio in order to process output from another decoders. It works in GraphEdit, WMP and any other DirectShow app. Graph looks like, for example, Sample.rm -> RealMediaSplitter -> RealAudioDecoder -> ffdshow Audio Decoder -> Default DirectSound Device. But when I try to play this file in Winamp, ffdshow Audio Decoder isn't loaded and file is rendered like Sample.rm -> RealMediaSplitter -> RealAudioDecoder -> Null Audio.

2. Winamp freezes when trying to switch an audio stream in video file containing multiple audio streams using ffdshow built-in switching feature. I don't need a built-in switching feature in Winamp, just want to use ffdshow's one.

It works in any other DS-based application (Windows Media Player and GraphEdit, for example), Windows Media Player even allows to use this feature via it's own menu. In case of Winamp: avi + default microsoft avi splitter = OK, avi + Gabest's splitter = freeze, ogm or mkv + Gabest's or RadLight splitter) = freeze.
ffdshow - any version (latest ffdshow-tryouts is preferrable).
Reproducible with any OGM or MKV with multiple audio streams or any AVI with multiple audio streams when using non-default avi-splitter (I can provide a sample if you need one).

Still need to use Winamp for audio and another player for video .
Old 20th April 2007, 19:06   #17
jigu

BUG writing ID3v2 tags

A bug that i've noticed from the last versions of Winamp, until the 5.33 that i've downloaded today.

My system: WindowsXP Pro with the Japanese languages installed.

The bug: Setting in the official MP3 plugin the option 'Write tag as' 'System language', the ID3v2 tag will be badly updated with japanese S-JIS codes.

I can give an example file and instructions to reproduce the bug. Can I send the example file to some developer?
(need an e-mail address)

Regards,
jigu
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:24   #18
jgerva

[B]3 bugs in Media Library for Winamp 5.33[/B]

I've noticed 3 bugs in the Winamp 5.33 Media Library. They aren't critical, but they are very annoying. Also, they weren't present in version 5.24 of Winamp.

1- Total time display:
Media Library displays the total play time of the items in my library in seconds; even when I have many hours worth of materials. The attached file contains an example screenshot.

2- 'edit selected items' dialog box:
The following bugs occur when editing the tags off OGG files. (These are different than the one mentionned in the 'Known Bugs' Thread)
  • The 'Album Artist' is automatically added to a file's tags even when the field isn't selected in the 'edit selected items' dialog box
  • The 'Composer' field doesn't work. I activate it with the checkbox and enter a value; but it doesn't get added to the tags. In version 5.31 the tag would be automatically added even when it wasn't selected.
System Specifications:
Winamp: 5.33(x86) Feb 13 2007- clean install (NO 3rd-party plugins)
Windows: XP pro, SP2
motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe
cpu: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+; 2.41 GHz
ram: 2 Gb
Video Card: NVIDIA G3Force 7950 GT
Video Card Drivers version: 6.14.0010.9147
Sound Card: SoundMAX Integrated HD Audio
Sound Card Drivers version: 5.10.0001.4530
DirectX: 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Plugin causing the bug: Unknown

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: gif medialib.gif (3.8 KB, 450 views)
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:20   #19
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

All 3 bugs/issues are fixed in 5.34 :-)

Closing this thread. New 5.34 threads are now in place.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports