The World is Not Enough 2 16.67%
Die Another Day 1 8.33%
****** Royale 2 16.67%
Quantum of Solace 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15th November 2008, 18:26   #1
Ostaro

Favorite James Bond Movie

Now that the new James Bond movie Quantum of Silence is out, how do you think it stacks up to other 007 movies? My personal favorite is still Live and Let Die.
Ostaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2008, 18:43   #2
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
My favorite definitely isn't Quantum of Solace. It was good, but not great.

Still deciding on what my favorite actually is.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2008, 18:44   #3
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

Eh, the series pretty much died when Roger Moore stopped, IMO.
baafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2008, 19:04   #4
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Since you allowed multiple choices I picked Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice and Moonraker.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2008, 19:10   #5
mikm
Major Dude

Not too sure what my favorites are, but Goldfinger is definitely high on the list, as is ****** Royale.

[edit]
Huh, I didn't know that Roald Dahl wrote the screenplay for You Only Live Twice.

powered by C₂H₅OH
mikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2008, 19:17   #6
Razzinno
Piffle Producer

Goldfinger for Sean Connery, FYEO for Roger Moore, and TWINE for Pierce Brosnan. I don't care much for Dalton or Craig at all. I may however, wind up choosing On Her Majesty's Secret Service. I would have liked to see at least one more done with George Lazenby.

Oh BTW, you forgot Never Say Never Again, the 1983 remake of Thunderball.
Razzinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2008, 19:34   #7
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Never Say Never Again isn't an official part of the Bond franchise (just as the 1967 version of ****** Royale).
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2008, 23:52   #8
Ostaro

Quote:
Originally posted by gaekwad2
Never Say Never Again isn't an official part of the Bond franchise (just as the 1967 version of ****** Royale).
It's not a Cubby Broccoli Bond film, but it did star Sean Connery. It was also released the same year (1983) as Broccoli's Octopussy with Roger Moore. I guess now someone's gonna start a Favorite James Bond actor poll
Ostaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2008, 12:08   #9
cooky560
Major Dude

Send a message via MSN to cooky560 Send a message via Yahoo to cooky560 Send a message via Skype™ to cooky560
I am not a fan of the new one

Cooky560 - Making Pointless Posts since 8/12/ 2002

WWW.
Victory Requires no explanation, defeat allows none.
All that Evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing
cooky560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 12:21   #10
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
Originally posted by baafie
Eh, the series pretty much died when Roger Moore stopped, IMO.
+1

On a side note,

BAAF!

Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 03:16   #11
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
bond films are slowly becoming one of those "there's another one now?" movies, thankfully they're still high budget enough to be at least half decent despite having (i think) 3 different actors play the main role over the entire run so far and mostly because of age issues also if i recall.

as far as i'm concerned, for movies, if you have so many sequels there's more than 3 people playing the same character, you've got to ask yourself if it's being continued for any reason beyond the fact that it has a huge following and will make good money at the box office opening day even if it's a total bomb.

it's kinda like metallica, it used to be totally awesome for a long time, but now a lot of the people who made it awesome are gone and hate whoever was around at the beginning that made it awesome, and they're trying to bring their own awesome into it, which is better described as suck, yet the whole thing keeps being forced to keep going because of it's successes in the past and the fact that some rich dude wants it to be what it used to be so badly that he's willing to do nearly anything.

[OFFTOPIC] oh and austin powers, when doctor evil reveals his evil corporation to be starbucks, that right there is more epic than any of the bond films. granted, that was a movie series that really started stinking after the first. but the starbucks thing, still epic, cause it may as well be true. [/OFFTOPIC]

[EDIT] oh and i voted for goldeneye. [/EDIT]

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 08:50   #12
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Too-DAMN-Much
[B]bond films are slowly becoming one of those "there's another one now?" movies, thankfully they're still high budget enough to be at least half decent despite having (i think) 3 different actors play the main role over the entire run so far and mostly because of age issues also if i recall.
In fact they've had 6: Connery, Moore, Lazenby (only one film), Dalton, Brosnan and now Craig.

Quote:
as far as i'm concerned, for movies, if you have so many sequels there's more than 3 people playing the same character, you've got to ask yourself if it's being continued for any reason beyond the fact that it has a huge following and will make good money at the box office opening day even if it's a total bomb.
You're right, it's only for money. But it's worth it, as James Bond is both the longest and most profitable franchise in movie history.

Quote:
it's kinda like metallica, it used to be totally awesome for a long time, but now a lot of the people who made it awesome are gone and hate whoever was around at the beginning that made it awesome, and they're trying to bring their own awesome into it, which is better described as suck, yet the whole thing keeps being forced to keep going because of it's successes in the past and the fact that some rich dude wants it to be what it used to be so badly that he's willing to do nearly anything.
This describes the crucial issue that any great creation encounters when the people behind it don't know when to stop (true for movies, TV shows, bands, etc)

Anyway, I agree with you
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:49   #13
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by Twilightseer
This describes the crucial issue that any great creation encounters when the people behind it don't know when to stop (true for movies, TV shows, bands, etc)
But even if the people behind it know that they should stop, if they do decide to stop the investors will simply pay someone else to do their job. So in order to prevent the mutilation that would otherwise result from having outsiders do the creative work, the original authors might simply prefer to do it themselves.
baafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 21:10   #14
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
Quote:
Originally posted by baafie
But even if the people behind it know that they should stop, if they do decide to stop the investors will simply pay someone else to do their job. So in order to prevent the mutilation that would otherwise result from having outsiders do the creative work, the original authors might simply prefer to do it themselves.
Who's going to pay for production, distribution, advertising, etc? If I write the best script in the world but can't pay to have it made, I've done nothing but waste time.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions