Old 25th January 2012, 08:45   #1
lowrider007

SHOUTcast "Checking service version" ?

Every time I boot up winamp now in the media window it says "checking service version" for a good 20secs, what's the deal with that?, it's very annoying having to wait that long before I can start streaming a station, I tried it on a few different systems and they all have the same message.
lowrider007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2012, 10:43   #2
DrO

where exactly are you seeing that message as 'media window' is pretty vague. and it's not a message i'm aware of having ever seen in anything before.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 10:51   #3
Magnus101

I experience exactly the same thing.
"checking service version. Please wait" and a spinning lama can be seen on top of the windows where the shoutcast stations are and nothing can be done until about 20 a seconds wait.
It's in a kind of notification window (but not with the normal windows gui, just some winamp own "look" of it.
Very annoying!
But it should be added that sometimes there is a normal startup without the check.
And I have "Check for new versions of winamp at startup" disabled in preferences.
Magnus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 09:09   #4
lowrider007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
where exactly are you seeing that message as 'media window' is pretty vague. and it's not a message i'm aware of having ever seen in anything before.

-daz
Here is a screen grab,

It does it when you select any of the online services, I always leave SHOUTcast selected so when I boot up winamp it's ready for me to use straight away, normally SHOUTcast will pop-up almost instantly but recently I've been getting the above message for around 20 seconds.

[edit - Moderation]
Moved to WaTS from ScTS as this appears to be related to Winamp rather than SHOUTcast specifically
lowrider007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support