Old 8th April 2012, 18:16   #1
JoeyC

Shoutcast Shuts Down on Soundcard Input

I just downloaded the latest version of Shoutcast and Winamp, and am using them on a Windows 7 laptop computer with an external usb plug-in soundcard from Creative to broadcast an internet radio show thru a third party server. I use Winamp Recommended to play music, and switch to Soundcard Input to use the mic and talk about the songs. It seems to work fine for about 10 switches back and forth, then when I go to Soundcard Input, all the info on the bottom half of the page, including the Press to Talk, and the Lock button are not visible. At that point, I get the spinning circle and at the top of Shoutcast, it says it is not responding. This has happened 3 times in the past half hour, so it is not a fluke.

This happened the last time I tried using a newer version of Shoutcast -- 2 years agos. I reverted to version 1.9.1 and did not have this problem. I figured that by now Shoutcast had been modified to work well with Windows 7, but am disappointed to find this is not true, at least for me. Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this from happening?
JoeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2012, 20:24   #2
DrO

it would have been better if this was posted in the other thread you have going though as i've now done a reply in there, i'll have to reply in this to prevent the flow of that one messing up.

the lockup stems from something going awry in the soundcard driver which causes the Source DSP to in-turn end up crashing. this seems to affect the 2.2.x builds for some people more than the 2.1.x builds did.

i have tried to get people to confirm if reverting / changing some of the handling to better cope with that mode switching works but no one ever replies back when i send out those test builds. so i don't know whether i should send one to you or i just wait and see what happens when v2.3.0 is eventually released.

as for the Windows 7 issues, refer to my post in your other thread. yes it's not ideal but i have limited time - is annoying enough that i'm having to reply to support issues on a weekend (which really should be my time).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2012, 22:25   #3
JoeyC

Sorry, but the other thread has to do with how to make the mic work more smoothly, so I thought I needed a separate thread for the fact the whole program is crashing. Since I need to do a radio show in two days, I can't wait for the next version. Maybe I need to go back and find the 1.9 version somewhere on the Internet so I can download it and replace the brand new version. At least it worked most of the time.

If you want to send me something to try, I will be happy to give it a go.
Thanks.
JoeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 09:17   #4
DrO

check your pm, though i really wouldn't recommending going back to the 1.9.x builds as you'd be on your own since none of those builds are supported anymore.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions