Old 31st December 2013, 15:17   #1
RockyIV

Why radio station streams disappear from bookmarked link?

Hi,
i have about 20-30 bookmarked shotcast radio station in Winamp. I do not get it why some stations change they streaming address. In beginning i thought maybe they turn off radio station (they weren't popular, they do not have money anymore etc.) but i searched and i found the same station on SHOUTCast and then i bookmark again, but after some time the same problem.
I did not listen to SHOUTcast station for some time and now i have over 10 radio station which are not on the same streaming address.
Why this happen? Do i always have to search again and again for the same station?
RockyIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2013, 15:28   #2
DrO

It could one or more of the following:
  • You're bookmarking the direct url of the station instead of a stationid url and vice versa and it's changed
  • The station moved to a different server / hosting provider and so the IP address changed
  • The station changed the bitrate / format of the stream which causes the stationid to change
  • They weren't listed for over 30 days and so get a new stationid (if bookmarking a stationid)
  • The station has stopped broadcasting or only broadcasts at specific times of the day / week / month as applicable
  • It's a bug with the SHOUTcast platform and someone has had to manually 'fix' things which causes things to change
  • The name / genre / other details about the station changed which can cause it to get a new stationid
  • The station / host providing the server for the station won't update to a v2 setup to allow for the stationid to remain the same (in relation to most of the points above) or to properly provide a DNS entry instead of an IP address only entry
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2013, 15:48   #3
RockyIV

Thanks for the answer.
Now i see there are many logical reasons. Do you have any suggestion?
RockyIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions