Old 8th August 2004, 12:18   #1
JCOnline

StarTrek LCARS AMP PADD

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time reader, and even longer time user of WA.

I've been evolving my StarTrek LCARS AMP PADD WA modern skin for over a year now, and I'd like to know what do you think about it?
Is there anything more I can do?

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the following coders for their open source maki scripts:
FrisbeeMonkey
iPlayTheSpoons
ThePlague
DigitalHigh
and of course the guys a Nullsoft
JCOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2004, 14:52   #2
ziege

Very stylish, reminds me of LayerONE but still has it's own look. Good stuff Shade mode is a bit too busy though perhaps?

WIP: NSX-999
ziege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2004, 14:56   #3
UUL
Winamp Addict
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to UUL Send a message via AIM to UUL Send a message via Yahoo to UUL
Don't know if you know but this has been published first way back, so it doesn't look like layerone, layerone looks like this one
UUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2004, 15:17   #4
ziege

Ah just noticed that My mistake

WIP: NSX-999
ziege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2004, 18:23   #5
JCOnline

Quote:
Originally posted by ziege
Very stylish, reminds me of LayerONE but still has it's own look. Good stuff Shade mode is a bit too busy though perhaps?
Thanks ziege.

Yeah, the shade could be simplified. At the time I was thinking that I've gotta match the functionality of the WA Modern's skin.

I suppose I could try to do what they did, and try to hide certain buttons when the shade is at certain lengths.

But that alone won't justify another update. I still need more material. (I don't think the reviewer like seeing a skin republished too frequently. Unless there's a serious bug, otherwise I may need to wait a month or two.)

Quote:
Originally posted by UUL
Don't know if you know but this has been published first way back, so it doesn't look like layerone, layerone looks like this one
Yep, I can safely say that my skin is the first LCARS style skin for WA Modern. And because there were no others at that time, I felt motivated to create it.
JCOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 05:48   #6
AdmiralSirJohn

Apologies for dredging up an old thread, but I must compliment you on LCARS Amp PADD II. It is, beyond all others, my absolute favorite Winamp skin.

Unfortunately, it gives me the dreaded "Windows 7 Script Error", though this is merely an annoyance, as it appears only on Winamp startup, and does not affect the functionality.

Still, it would be nice to see an update that addresses this. Any chance of one?
AdmiralSirJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2015, 15:16   #7
mikeloeven

I know this is a absolute major necro post but I feel I must use my scroll of raise thread to inquire as to what happened to the download mirror I cannot find a dl link for this skin pack anywhere on the internet and I was hoping someone could help me out here as this was one of my favorite winamp skins.
mikeloeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 16:06   #8
mikeloeven

Well good news I was digging through an old hard drive today and i found an install of winamp with the LCARS AMP PADD II Skin.

I put it on google drive if anyone wants it. all rights belong to the original author.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=d...Xl1VDVBenYyLW8

its such a pity that the new form didn't save the skin database
mikeloeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins