Old 5th October 2013, 23:22   #1
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
Looking for a new work bag

I spend about two thirds of my time in the office, and about 1/3 in the field. When I do leave the office, I HATE having to come back to get some tool or part or some such, as a result, I have crammed a ton of stuff into my current laptop bag. Ironically, not my laptop, since it is 17" and my bag only fits a 15.6".

Anyway, I have a ton of tools and small parts crammed into this thing. Here's the bag I currently use:

http://www.staples.com/Heritage-Leat...product_984437

It has gone way beyond the call of duty, but you can only get so far putting screwdrivers in pen holders and dikes in business card holders. Unfortunately, I've reached that point.

I'm now looking for something to organize all of my day to day stuff. These are mostly hand tools. Sysadmins rarely need a drill, so I don't carry mine with me often (although I probably would if I had room for it, just for driving screws).

Here's the catch: Since I'm meeting with upper management at my clients with some regularity, I can't walk in with something I'd take with me to a construction site, which has made the search rather difficult.

What I've found so far:

http://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-55...ref=pd_cp_hi_2

Doesn't look too bad, and I might even be able to stuff my laptop into that. The downside is that since this bag is made for electricians, there aren't good places to put all of the 'little' things that I might need that they wouldn't (mouse, keyboard, USB->Serial adapter, video adapters, etc.). I'm concerned about the middle becoming a huge mess.

http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Leather...words=clc+1539

This thing is huge, and I probably would be able to put small cables, adatpers, etc. in it. The major downside is that. . . this thing is huge. I really like that it would have room for all of my small allen keys and that kind of thing, though.

Any other ideas? I looked at some bags from Veto and while they looked okay, I don't think that they're appropriate for business meetings. I also think the enormous handle looks ridiculous.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 09:39   #2
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

The LeatherCraft one looks like Dexter's bag.

That's all I have to offer.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 13:42   #3
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
That might be enough - never even thought about it from that angle.

Now, all I have to do is work out enough that I can fill up that henley shirt and I'll be set.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 11:06   #4
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Yeah... He's a deceptively well built motherfucker.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions