Old 17th February 2006, 15:05   #1
tinchogonzalez

Lyrics in winamp

I want to know how to watch the lyric in the winamp window. I see it in a friends house but i don't know how to do it.

Thanks.
tinchogonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 21:25   #2
JonnyMac

Talking about MIDI lyrics?...
1. Ctrl+P
2. Plug-Ins > Input
3. double click 'Nullsoft MIDI player'
4. Display tab
5. checkmark 'Show lyrics window while playing'
Be careful not to manually close (X) the lyrics window. Closing the window also unchecks/disables the 'Show lyrics window' setting.

If you are not talking about MIDI files, then Winamp does not natively support lyrics for non-MIDI files. You will need a plug-in for that. EvilLyrics (a standalone "plug-in") is highly suggested in the forums. However, I have not used it myself. Or, try this Winamp.com plug-in search with lyrics as a keyword. Have you tried asking your friend what he/she uses for lyics? Anyone else with a lyrics plug-in suggestion?

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2006, 08:38   #3
PatrickNeil

LeosLyrics plugin is what I've stuck to after trying a few different ones.

Patrick
PatrickNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2007, 14:52   #4
dimerror

Yep, LeosLyrics is really cool, huge database and can save lyric to id3v2 tag
dimerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2007, 15:10   #5
MasterViVi

I like http://lyricsplugin.com/ best.
MasterViVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2009, 08:31   #6
ScreamingPirhan

Send a message via Yahoo to ScreamingPirhan
Here's a tip for every regarding lyrics. I purposely use Winamp v. 2.80 because it works well with lyrie 121, the little purple hat plug-in. I am a musician, don't play bands anymore, but I make midi backing tracks for live shows to play my guitar to and sing...What's cool about this is, it's a tiny program/plug, and with the lyrics screen, the background is black and you can make it full screen. I like to make the letters large and bright green, against black, if you can't see that, you're Ray Charles. It works extremely well, but of course, your txt. file of the lyrics has to have the exact same title as the midi (or mp3) song you're playing so that it will open when you play the song. It's the best way I've discovered for what I do, and it beats having to squint at tiny letters when you're in dim light. By the way, I just had to reload lyrie, because somehow the file I had became corrupt, and thankfully i was able to still find it on the winamp site, so THAT'S why it's still here, people. Good luck.
ScreamingPirhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2009, 23:16   #7
Gama

ScreamingPirhan, thats exactly what I need. Could you please put a link to this plugin ? I couldn't find it. What's it's exact name ?
Gama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 02:28   #8
kennycasid

If you feel lost and on your own... Lol kidding, but why you need lyrics this aint karaoke....
kennycasid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 06:00   #9
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

I've been using LyricsMeaning and/or Songbook Lyrics in Online Services :-)

Right-click -> Open in new window!
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 13:31   #10
Gama

I want an offline plugin, so I can write (copy-paste, to be precise..) my own words. that's because many online services do not present lyrics of various languages (hebrew, arabic, etc..) and if they do, they many times contain mistakes or wrong pronunciation.

This is not Karaoke, but I like to know the meanings of songs that I hear, so I can enjoy both the tune and the "poetry", (so to speak...)

So, any of you knows of a plugin that can answer my need ?

Thanx in advance.
Gama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 13:43   #11
3kwartappel

Hi Gama

You can discuss and view the meaning of the songs on
lyricsmeaning online service.

If the lyrics are incorrect, you can update them as well!
(i added a google translation button as well, not that its any good

http://www.winamp.com/online-service...meaning/221999
3kwartappel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 07:31   #12
wchamae

Try MiniLyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gama View Post
I want an offline plugin, so I can write (copy-paste, to be precise..) my own words. that's because many online services do not present lyrics of various languages (hebrew, arabic, etc..) and if they do, they many times contain mistakes or wrong pronunciation.

This is not Karaoke, but I like to know the meanings of songs that I hear, so I can enjoy both the tune and the "poetry", (so to speak...)

So, any of you knows of a plugin that can answer my need ?

Thanx in advance.
I use MiniLyrics all the time, it can search lyrics on internet. also it has a lyrics editor, you can edit lyrics manually. It can save lyrics in mp3 file, so these lyrics can be displayed on iPhone.
wchamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 22:21   #13
Mago-Merlino

I'm stuck with Lyricsplugin, simple, functional.
Anyway if some of you can tell me a pluging which can save with just one click-button the shown lyrics as a *.txt file, i would be really glad.
Not idv tags, i know those plugins, just one which save lyrics as text.
I'm tired to copy-paste in notepad.

For who wonder why, i have a folder with collected lyrics.
So someone can help me out?
Mago-Merlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 12:20   #14
KClaisse

I tried LyricsPlugin but didnt like it for the fact that it would minimize its window along with winamp. I need a plugin that allows me to minimize winamp but stay open as well. I don't want to use winamp's minimode or anything, I just want it minimized. Does anyone know if thee is a lyrics program that allows this?
KClaisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 17:48   #15
surfingUSA

I had the same frustration when I tried LyricsPlugin too, but I still think it's a decent program. Easy to use and straightforward.
surfingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 01:16   #16
KamilRuok

LeosLyrics does not work

Hi,

I have just installed Leos Lyrics, but it can't find any lyrics (even for very popular songs) - it says Error getting search results. Any idea?

Are there any other plug-ins that can update ID3 tags?

Thanks

Kamil K.
KamilRuok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 15:18   #17
KamilRuok

I have just installed http://lyricsplugin.com/ and I'm quite happy with it - it finds lyrics in less than a scecond!!! But does it update ID3 tags with lyrics? How do I check that in Winamp?

Thanks
Kamil
KamilRuok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 21:45   #18
cubbhiee

Here is a tutorial for the lyrics plugin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGhHqrZeJHU
cubbhiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 15:42   #19
3kwartappel

Quote:
Anyway if some of you can tell me a pluging which can save with just one click-button the shown lyrics as a *.txt file, i would be really glad.
Hi Mago-Merlino

I added the functionality to save the lyrics with one click as a TXT file on LyricsMeaning.
If you want to add this online service to winamp go to
http://www.winamp.com/online-service...meaning/221999

If you have any other suggestions, please enter them on the
suggestion page .

PS.I tried adding the lyrics to the ID3 of the song being played, but winamp doesnt allow this in online services, probably security concerns. However it did work on my pc... so maybe winamp can change a setting to allow safe sites?
Old 14th July 2010, 15:03   #20
Bilbo9955

I have been using AutoLyrix. Works well and it is free.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/autolyrix/files/
Bilbo9955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 04:02   #21
Kamesennin

Lyrics Plugin and Winamp 5.6

I installed the new winamp 5.6 today and when I tried to start, it broken with an error message. (I'm previously using using winamp <5.6 and Lyrics plugin http://lyricsplugin.com/ without no problems on windows 7). I uninstall all the plugins and re-installed winamp 5.6, I try installing the plugins once by once, but after install Lyrics plugin the same problems, I deleted the gen_lyrics.dll file and winamp restart without problems again.
I liked so much Lyrics plugin, but this is a big problem bacause now is not compatible with winamp. I will try another plugin while Lyrics plugin is updated. On the other hand the site http://lyricsplugin.com/ is broken...
Kamesennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 05:44   #22
osmosis
Major Dude

Yeah, lyricsplugin is/was my favorite db as well, it's a shame someone couldn't write a new plugin for it which uses the Bento Browser, or at the very least an Online Service. Speaking of which, the LyricsMeaning Online Service also seems to have a pretty good db (lyrics.wikia.com), so I highly recommend it. Martin's Songbook Lyrics Online Service is also decent, but it's db doesn't seem to be quite as extensive.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 18:14   #23
rovama

Same thing is happening to me. Since I've installed this new version 5.6, Lyrics plugin is not working anymore. It crash winamp I wish you guys can fix that because that's a hard to replace plugin
rovama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:21   #24
DrO

has anyone actually tried contacting the plug-in's author to see if they know about the issue / can fix it or make sure that you're using the most current version of the plug-in as i know some of the lyrics plug-ins have had updates made to them only a few months ago.

also if a plug-in is incompatible with a Winamp version, the onus is on the plug-in author to fix the issue.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:28   #25
osmosis
Major Dude

It's impossible to find contact info for them. I've tried a couple times over the *years*, heh. Fired off a couple emails into the void that never got a response. I wanted them to fix their colorization to take it directly from the current Winamp skin using the plugin instead of relying on user-set cookies which don't work anymore.

For those missing LyricsPlugin, I just rememberd ClassicPro has automatic LyricsPlugin functionality in the BrowserPro extension which certainly still works in 5.6, and that if your skin of choice has a Browser component then hopefully you can add "http://www.lyricsplugin.com/winamp03/plugin/?artist=Enter artist and title information in address bar&title=LyricsPlugin.com" as a bookmark. You'd have to enter the fields yourself, but that's better than nothing.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 20:25   #26
JonnyMac

Maybe this will help. Try the download directory at lyricsplugin.com. That link does work. Note, the latest plug-in (installer) is
gen_lyrics03.exe and is dated 20-Jan-2008. The plug-in at Winamp.com/plugins is a earlier version. Hopefully, the newer version will work.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
Old 4th December 2010, 12:54   #27
DrO

out of curiosity i tried the latest version (which also matches with what is available at http://www.winamp.com/plugin//148097) and it crashes in the window creation function from what i can see in a debugger. weridly, a debug version of Winamp will allow it to load correctly though i'm not too sure at the moment what ever it is in winamp.exe that is causing a difference to happen with the loading (unless the plug-in is expecting something specific in the internals of the winamp which wasn't documented / subject to change).

-daz
Old 4th December 2010, 14:30   #28
JonnyMac

Well, that is odd. The file from Winamp.com has a Upgrade to Lyrics version 0.3 link/notice in the viewer window and provides no support for Lyrics editing and text customization. Where as the one from lyricsplugin.com has no such notice and the above mentioned support is provided.

Regardless, both downloads are working for me. WA 5.6
Old 4th December 2010, 14:35   #29
DrO

yeah is a bit weird though we've had a thought that it might be related to some things altered for the direct mouse wheel support (or something related to that) with Winamp's embedded html views and which may be affecting it for the plug-in (though i've a feeling the only real way to resolve the issue is to get the plug-in updated and that doesn't look like it'll be happening).

may just be that the installer will disable / prompt about the plug-in as was done for gen_msn7 which also cannot be updated to work with newer clients *shrugs*

-daz
Old 4th December 2010, 16:35   #30
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
may just be that the installer will disable / prompt about the plug-in as was done for gen_msn7 which also cannot be updated to work with newer clients *shrugs*
That's what will be happening.

Sorry everyone, but if it's crashing Winamp 5.59+
then all we can do for now is make the Winamp installer disable it (with notification).

If a fix appears in the future, I'll remove the exclusion.
Though someone will need to inform me about it....
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 18:09   #31
rovama

Ok, I've tried Minilyrics and it's working like a charm and giving me even better results than lyricsplugin. You guys should give it a try
rovama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 19:24   #32
zardoc

Unfortunately, Minilyrics is not a free plugin.
zardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2010, 22:10   #33
JonnyMac

There are other lyrics plug-ins also ones for the Media Library online services.

Another suggested lyrics plug-in is Evil Lyrics. However, I have not used it my self and therefor can not provide a evaluation.
Old 5th December 2010, 15:29   #34
3kwartappel

online service lyrics

You can also try lyricsmeaning . It works through online services, and is free.
Old 7th December 2010, 03:19   #35
Unclean009

I've been trying to get an email or anything to contact the author. This is as far as I've gotten. http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?do...rog_id=godaddy

It seems he has the domain through godaddy, but also through domainsbyproxy. Seems the guy doesn't want anyone to know who he is nor contact him...
Unclean009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 15:48   #36
Ema82

Please someone fix it!

Other lyrics plugin can't compete....
Ema82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 15:51   #37
DrO

Ema82: it needs to be fixed in the plug-in and since the site, etc seems to be dead for it now (it's support forum went down 2 years ago) then i think you're just going to have to find an alternative as we can't work out what is actually failing in the plug-in (can't even disassemble it properly to see what is happening).

-daz
Old 8th December 2010, 17:56   #38
Ema82

I thought somebody could take the file and edit it to resolve the incompatibilities, but I'm pretty ignorant about programming and things like that

Unfortunately, all the alternatives that I've tried did not come close to the simplicity and functionality of Lyrics Plugin
Ema82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 18:44   #39
JonnyMac

As mentioned earlier by osmosis, the ClassicPro skins has the LyricsPlugin as part of in the BrowserPro extension. I am not aware of any conflicts (if any) arising from that "built-in" version and the new Winamp.
Old 8th December 2010, 21:42   #40
Njord123

Hate to be Cpt. Obvious, but why not go back to a version that was compatible with Lyricsplugin (gen_lyrics03.exe) and just ignore/disable the "upgrade now" msg? :P

I just found myself in the same situation as you all,
so I reinstalled 5.541 and gen_lyrics ... works fine
Njord123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion