Old 26th July 2015, 00:46   #1
AndSalx95

War on "lyrics plugin" - Need another plugin

Hello!

Do you know of any lyric plugin that works properly?

I've checked many plugins, one by one, and had little inconveniences with each one of them.

Lyrics Plugin: Arguably the most popular, and theorically the best. Easy to use and attaches very well to Winamp. However, its major flaw is that the lyrics are hosted in the Internet, everybody can edit it as they please, and that's exactly what pisses me off when using this plugin.

I am kinda fussy regarding lyrics, and how they should be written.
Look at this, it's the lyric for Disturbed's "Torn":
http://i.gyazo.com/d4f8565c37ab6532e9a596a63ddf4cb5.png
If you see the lyrics written this way, prepare to laugh.
-Verses are so wrongly written... You can even find songs like "Inside the Fire" written like:
Devon Won't
go To
heaven. She's Just
(...)

As you can see, every verse starts with a lower case in the first word, while the others start with a capital letter. Even the word "I" (which should be always in capital) is in lower case (i.e.: i Have Failed You).
If a song has a guitar solo, the lyrics say "[[[SolO]]]". I mean, if you wanna note that there's a solo why someone would do it in such in a childish way?
At the end of the lyrics, somebody insists to put "©Official Lyric", when it arguably gets nowhere near "Official". It doesn't respect the format of the official booklets (and which booklet would feature such a thing like "[[[SolO]]]" anyway?)

I tried to correct the "Torn" lyrics, and the result was this
http://i.gyazo.com/2b847f6072dcb82b540ae3336db759f9.png
I thought the issue was solved until some hours laters I listened to the song again, and, guess what? The lyrics were reverted back to the format I've shown before.

It's like somebody is pretending to be the "Owner" of the lyrics. I say this because I tried to correct the lyrics of Metallica's "Enter Sandman" to a proper format, it got reverted in a question of minutes, but this time, somebody added an ASCII drawing of a middle finger with a "FUCK YOU" written under it. Authoritarianism in a Lyrics Plugin, who would imagine somebody would lack a life to do such a thing.

Things went worse when somebody started to vandalize every single song of bands like Metallica, Disturbed or Arctic Monkeys. Each song's lyrics were replaced by ASCII drawings of memes, Guy Fawkes' mask, Angry Birds, Bugs Bunny, Mario.
http://i.gyazo.com/ba65cd60f8c2d85f2c447938802c35d6.png

Five minutes later, they were restored (to the horrible "©Official Lyric" format), then reverted to the drawings, and so on and on. It turned out to be a war on a lyrics plugin. This happened last night. Hell, the fight was so pathetic that even somebody put the lyrics of Metallica's "Sad but True" for Disturbed's Indestructible:
http://i.gyazo.com/ac69e396041f19b50e569fa62d845e82.png

I gotta admit, the war was funny to see, but it's also annoying that you can't have your lyrics because of people who just can't allow somebody to correct his style, imposed to us for no reason (or even worse, because of people who just go and screw the lyrics).

I tried several alternatives, no one worked very well. MiniLyrics, for example, was a bit uncomfortable, I want static lyrics, not a "Karaoke"-like plugin (I tried to change its settings, tried everything but didn't get a solution). Lyrik, while better, has the little problem of the "always on top" option, if you activate it, won't minimize with the player, if you deactivate it, it minimizes, but won't restore if you go back to the player.

So, in a nutshell, I want to ask if there's any lyrics plugin similar to "Lyrics plugin" (regarding interface), but at the same times allows you to save your own lyrics in .LRC format, so you get rid of the scumbags ruining them.
It's too bad Lyrics Plugin doesn't have this feature. On top of all, the developers don't give you an e-mail so you can write them to seek a solution for this issue.

Regards.
AndSalx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2015, 20:47   #2
DrO

you're assuming that the edits you're making are actually being 'stored' to begin with. really, if you have issues with a plug-in, you need to contact the author (which there used to be one and the plug-in author even posted on here a few times) to try to resolve those issues (is pretty much nothing that can be done from the Winamp side with 3rd party plug-ins).

I don't have any suggestions for an alternative for what you want, as all of the lyrics plug-ins I personally found were flawed or just never worked all that well to begin with.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 13:07   #3
3kwartappel

lyrics meaning

Hi AndSalx95

You can try out the lyricsmeaning.za.net online services listed here : http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=375338

It gets the lyrics from reputable sites, and allows for them to be editable.
I try to keep bots / spammers at bay, so hopefully lyrics should not be messed up.

Regards
3kwartappel
3kwartappel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 06:36   #4
AndSalx95

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
you're assuming that the edits you're making are actually being 'stored' to begin with. really, if you have issues with a plug-in, you need to contact the author (which there used to be one and the plug-in author even posted on here a few times) to try to resolve those issues (is pretty much nothing that can be done from the Winamp side with 3rd party plug-ins).

I don't have any suggestions for an alternative for what you want, as all of the lyrics plug-ins I personally found were flawed or just never worked all that well to begin with.
The Lyrics Plugin website doesn't give any e-mail to contact the authors. Just the download links and ToS.

My idea is that the plugin should download the lyrics (from any website they consider appropiate) in a .txt (or .lrc) file in our drives, and from then, any correction we make would affect that proper file in the computer (not the one hosted in the website) so we are entitled to edit them the way we like without necessarily annoying anyone else anymore. Sadly, somebody is screwing up the lyrics of that plug-in and doesn't let anybody to correct him/her. What surprises me is that this person is so devoted to that particular style to such a point where any correction doesn't last more than five minutes and, in response, he uses the plugin to insult whoever dared to correct him (with good faith in most of the cases, I pressume).

But you're right, I guess I should do something to get the e-mails of whoever programmed the plug-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kwartappel View Post
Hi AndSalx95

You can try out the lyricsmeaning.za.net online services listed here : http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=375338

It gets the lyrics from reputable sites, and allows for them to be editable.
I try to keep bots / spammers at bay, so hopefully lyrics should not be messed up.

Regards
3kwartappel
Thank you, I tried it and the lyrics are fine. Is there any way I can have it on a separate window? I mean, in one window, the main player and in the other, the lyrics. Just like any other plug-in.
AndSalx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 07:40   #5
3kwartappel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSalx95 View Post
Thank you, I tried it and the lyrics are fine. Is there any way I can have it on a separate window? I mean, in one window, the main player and in the other, the lyrics. Just like any other plug-in.
Hi
I don't think you can split the winamp media library window (where the online services is displayed) into its own window. Perhaps they will allow this in the 'new' winamp. If there is going to be such a thing

Regards
3kwartappel
3kwartappel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion