Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Old 5th November 2012, 21:20   #1
martyzzz

Winamp remote for android to controll winamp on HTPC through wifi

Hey All,

I've tried a bunch of apps through my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone to remote controll winamp running on my HTPC.
All apps can only read the music on my HTPC and play it on my phone.
The thing i want to achieve is remotely want to controll an instance of winamp running on my HTPC and selecting different tracks and Southcast radio stations through my mobile android phone.
I havent managed to find an app that lets me do this through home wifi.
Have i gone mad and missed the app that can help me achieve this or isnt such an app developed yet ?

Cheers in advance.

Marty
martyzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 00:02   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i use "aWAR," i think its great. others exist, like playa control, remotecontrol, etc... search winamp remote on google play store.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2012, 10:54   #3
likudio

Hi.

I don't want this to be considered advertising or spam, but I want to show you the software I developed in last months. It's called Kontrolio, and enables you the possibility to remote control your Winamp (and some PC functions) from any mobile device, no matter how old is it, as long as it has a internet data connection and an internet browser.

You can find it here... http://kontrolio.likudio.net/ .

Please let me know your opinion about it.

Best regards.
likudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2012, 19:47   #4
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
here's my feedback...

i am very interested in this thing, but i do not go for $10/year, every year stuff. consider a one time price of $10. i'm not sure that there is much here that aWAR doesn't do, for $2.25 lifetime.

is this a plugin? is it a standalone app? i'd be interested to hear from you what this can do that aWAR can't that makes it worth the money.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 11:18   #5
likudio

Hi.
I took a price per year because there is a server running day and night making this thing work, as I made it work underneath any conditions (weird firewalls, nat routers, and so on).

Yes, is a standalone app, you just have to install it and then have fun using the web interface for remote controlling. You have a 30 free-connection-trials, but because you gave me feedback, I will give you a free 1 year licence.

Just give me your ID number and you'll have it.

LE: You asked what Kontrolio can do that aWar does not. First of all, Kontorlio works on ANY PHONE (not only on Android) as it has a web interface for remote controlling. And have numerous PC functions too. Check out on the first page, all functionalites are displayed there.

LE2: Someone here is deleting my posts and I truly don't know why... do I am someone's competitor?

_____
Kontrolio - Remote Control Winamp & PC via Internet
Old 20th November 2012, 13:16   #6
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
because there is a server running day and night making this thing work
That's like... I wrote this app... and I want $10 a year because it has this major design flaw.

An app like this... I'm gonna guess it might be worth a couple thousand copies at $2 if it is as good as awar. Awar was probably worth about $10,000 to it's developer and to get there they offered a pretty functional freeware version... gave away about 100,000 copies of the free version.

So where do you fit? You don't. No remote out there for anything costs more than $4. There are pretty good free alternatives and so... wow... you're just out of the ballpark..

An Android success story on something like this is basically giving away a free version and asking for donations and maybe offering a slightly advanced version of the app. That's awar.. Give away 100,000 copies... get 5000 people to give you $2 worth of pity.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 20th November 2012 at 15:23.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 00:45   #7
likudio

It's not a major design flaw, the app. was designed this way so it can fit any mobile device, not only Android. This was the perspective of this application from the very beggining. It has a web interface controlling system, including many functions that aWar does not have.

And I am willing to give free versions to anyone who does review my software. And even though your opinion doesn't meet my hopes, I truly appreciate it.

On the other hand, I'm not Google or other non-profit organisation to be able to keep a product up-and-running with 0 costs, but I will try. Look that in the end even Awar charged for it's app.

Anyway, I rely on users feedback (including yours), so I am willing to give free licences to every user that asks for it. Anyway, anyone has a free-trial on first download.
Old 18th February 2013, 06:58   #8
klausmmia

Search Google play store, you will definitely found a good app.
klausmmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist