• Show
Clear All
  • MegaRock
    Forum King
    • Jun 2003

Who remembers...THIS?

Megarock Radio - St. Louis Since 1998!
    Don't click this link!
    Corporate Radio Sucks! No suits, all rock!
  • fc*uk
    • Dec 2005

Damn… here, here!

I remember...
    Trancectro/electro-house/electro | Are You Hard?

Comment

• Warrior of the Light
      Forum King
      • Aug 2002

ehh nope. I'm surprised there are 128kbps streams in the chart. Most people I know were still on a 56k dial up connection back then
      Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever

Comment

• sankt
        • Apr 2003

Europe had a faster roll-out of high speed Internet access than North America did.

Imagine what will happen when every one has access to 4G wireless, HD video and surround sound audio streaming
        Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - www.ScenicTelevision.com

Comment

• the_hyrax_lord
          • Apr 2007

Haha!

Comment

• Sabine Klare
            Forum Queen
            • Nov 2010

@ sankt, do You want to say, that WAV-Streams or FLAC-Streams in SHOUTcast Radio will be possible some day? From an artist-colleague I have learned to name .wav-files and also the album-folders of the .wav-files correctly (I have cover.jpg in each wav-album). Winamp can show at least artist, title, track number, album (no year and no genre, of course). Also WMV-Streams and a new developement for that would be beautiful (but please note: there are more than only 1 kind of WMV, and it has to be the right kind).

I think, Frank and I ourselves don't have the best internet connection, but some others do that, and a very good internet connection is very important to upload 25 GB video-files to YouTube...
            Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
            Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
            AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...

Comment

• Warrior of the Light
              Forum King
              • Aug 2002

I remember being amazed by my brother's strange need for a CD-ROM drive in the pc. If something doesn't fit on a 1.44 MB 3.5" floppy (which was hard to imagine, the only time I ever saw that were the seven installer disks for Windows 3.11), you'd just use two disks!
              That was maybe 20 years ago. So yes, 4K video and surround raw audio files can be streamed. I guess that in the future there will be no real difference between internet connections and network connections when it comes to speed.

edit:
              Speaking of remembering and floppy's, I remember putting a very lightweight winamp with only mp3 and avs support on a 1.44MB disk. There was space left for 3 presets or so
              This was because we weren't allowed/able to install programs at school. I then put a cd full of mp3 files on a CD and listen to music that way while working on school projects. Keeping a careful look to be sure that no teachers saw it because that shit'd get you in trouble.
              Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever

Comment

• Mr Jones
                Ancient Mod
                • Sep 2000

I had many a happy hour listening to 16kbps talk radio streams back in the day, on my mega powerful 56k us robotics and my dazzling p133 dell laptop, it was truly amazing times, now I get a bit sniffy if my HD video streams dare to buffer for more than a nano second or two.

Remind me again at what point we suddenly got spoilt ? Odd that I should see this and be reminded about the 16kbps streams right after reading an article about one of our big isp's in the uk successfully testing a 1.4 tbps domestic broadband link...

Comment

• sankt
                  • Apr 2003

BT, Alcatel-Lucent show 1.4Tbps fibre speeds

British telco BT and French networking equipment supplier Alcatel-Lucent have teamed up for a trial which has demonstrated speeds of up to 1.4Tbps over BT's core fibre network, in what is believed to be the fastest data speeds ever achieved using commercial-grade hardware in a real-world telco environment.

Thats a nice speed for super Hi Def video and quadrophonic surround sound
                  Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - www.ScenicTelevision.com

Comment

• swingdjted
                    DRINK BEER NOW
                    (Forum King)
                    • Feb 2006

I hated it and yet I couldn't step away from it. For sports and/or talk, it was ok. For music it drove me crazy, because the sound quality was so horrible, and yet for some reason I kept listening anyway, because I could discover new music that way.
                    Don't forget to live before you die.

Comment

• Mr Jones
                      Ancient Mod
                      • Sep 2000

Originally Posted by sankt View Post
                      BT, Alcatel-Lucent show 1.4Tbps fibre speeds

British telco BT and French networking equipment supplier Alcatel-Lucent have teamed up for a trial which has demonstrated speeds of up to 1.4Tbps over BT's core fibre network, in what is believed to be the fastest data speeds ever achieved using commercial-grade hardware in a real-world telco environment.

Thats a nice speed for super Hi Def video and quadrophonic surround sound
                      Yeah, that's what i'd been reading, intruiging stuff to say the least.

Comment

• Psythik
                        Got his CT back
                        and didn't pay $10
                        (Forum King)
                        • Aug 2002

This is the SHOUTcast I remember:
                        Using Nullsoft Winamp, anyone can become a D.J. over night! Powered by Nullsoft SHOUTcast technology, anyone with an average analog modem can have the ability to broadcast audio to audiences without huge equipment and massive loads of bandwidth. Anyone can be an online d.j. with virtually no time!

I miss that site so much.
                        This is a sig of some nature.

Comment

• Warrior of the Light
                          Forum King
                          • Aug 2002

I can't believe that it's almost been 10 years now!

Comment

• deeder7001
                            Jesus Freak
                            (Forum King)
                            • Aug 2002

I remember using my 133mhz compaq for music at night. I'd just find a good stream and let it play. I feel kinda old knowing that it has been >10 years since then.
                            There is no sig.

Comment

• Psythik
                              Got his CT back
                              and didn't pay $10
                              (Forum King)
                              • Aug 2002

10 years ago you were using a PC with a 133MHz CPU? Condolences.
                              This is a sig of some nature.

Comment

Working...
                              X