Old 30th November 2010, 17:15   #1
mariospi

bigger titlebar buttons

I hope my question is simple: Is there anyway to have the titlebar of winamp modern bigger? Its allright for me the default skin, just the titlebar buttons (min, close) are too difficult to click them (I'm using the simple classic windows theme)...
thank you in advance
mariospi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 13:26   #2
Jiijapoa

try to change the skin or theme and see...
Jiijapoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 13:45   #3
mariospi

I've tried. It seems you can change by skinning a lot of things, but not that...
Old 1st December 2010, 14:48   #4
DrO

you'd need to edit the skin files and related image files for the skin to be able to get a larger buttons. should be do-able just from the xml files of the skin.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 15:25   #5
mariospi

No, I beleive i have to modify a script: "titlebar.maki"? "standardframe.maki"? something like that... And that's the "how to" I'm asking for...
Old 1st December 2010, 15:48   #6
midiwriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariospi View Post
No, I beleive i have to modify a script: "titlebar.maki"? "standardframe.maki"? something like that... And that's the "how to" I'm asking for...
What you are asking for doesn't require altering script, just simple gfx/XML editing.
titlebar buttons (min, close) are graphics that lay on top of your main window.
midiwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 15:52   #7
mariospi

I've tried some "xml editing", but didnt find a way to make the whole titlebar bigger. Only the elements inside grow...
Old 1st December 2010, 16:01   #8
DrO

without properly looking into things myself (just don't have the time) i'm not 100% if it's just xml + images needing to be altered or if maki files do. the maki source files for the skin should be available in the skin sdk (should be a link in the forum sticky) along with the maki compiler to use it with.

as well if you hold left ctrl + left shift and right-click on elements in the skin it should give you an idea of the elements name making it easier to track down in the files (no guarantees on that though from what i've experienced in the past).

-daz
Old 1st December 2010, 16:01   #9
DrO

without properly looking into things myself (just don't have the time) i'm not 100% if it's just xml + images needing to be altered or if maki files do. the maki source files for the skin should be available in the skin sdk (should be a link in the forum sticky) along with the maki compiler to use it with.

as well if you hold left ctrl + left shift and right-click on elements in the skin it should give you an idea of the elements name making it easier to track down in the files (no guarantees on that though from what i've experienced in the past).

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins