Old 5th March 2010, 14:24   #1
djpete
Major Dude

Why no three mode repeat in WA as standard?

Just wondering why there is no 3 mode repeat in WA as standard.
I use this plugin(Dr O's 3 Mode repeat)with my classic skin but I'm curious why it has never been taken up as standard feature for modern and classic skins.

Cheers, Pete

Anything & Everything Winamp - All In One Place...
Winamp Enthusiasts Group
djpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 15:07   #2
DrO

classic skins were not designed for it (my plug-in is essentially a big-hack that thankfully does enough to fool things) & it's hard enough as it is to get classic skinners to always skin everything required from prior changes to the classic skin format since the 2.9x & early 5.0x days without adding other things in (hence the optional image i've provided for the plug-in).

and it's down to the author of modern skins if they want to implement it or not - i thought bento & modern already implement it (was why i worked on a plug-in for classic skins).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 19:05   #3
Kn0tte
Major Dude

3-mode repeat is there for the default modern skins (Winamp Modern and Bento) + some of the user created modern skins.

djpete, I thought you were veteran enough to know that this feature has been here for the standard modern skins for ages.. Heh
Kn0tte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 22:23   #4
djpete
Major Dude

I do understand that a lot of modern skins have a similar feature but as far as I understand DrO's mod is the only one that lets you do the three modes but also the manual playlist advance. In other words I can just play one track in a playlist and it will finish and stop at the end by just clicking a few buttons.(Without going into preferences)
These are the skins I use with it http://browse.deviantart.com/customi.../#order=9&q=pz
Maybe I should move this to the wish list thread.

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 6th March 2010, 16:38   #5
DrO

all that 3-mode repeat is a fiddle (even under modern skins) to toggle manual advance on/off as required in unison with the repeat option.

ideally it should have been natively implemented for classic skins when it was done for modern skins but i was effectively told no that it wasn't going to happen by the dev team at the time.

the real thing i think is that requests for a 3-mode repeat under classic or modern skins is very rare (the plug-in hardly gets any downloads as it is or requests/reports of usage issues which i'd expect to hear off if there was a wider userbase for it).

so i can move this to the wishlist forum if you want but all that'll be done is to have the plug-in referenced to be used (since it covers off working on any client verison people may want to use it via).

-daz
Old 7th March 2010, 00:07   #6
djpete
Major Dude

Yep fair enough Daz.
I think you are right there. I suppose not many would use the play one song stop at end in a playlist feature.
Appreciate the heads up.

Is there any way this would ever be implemented into modern skin? I'd be willing to pay a fee for this mod. PM me if interested?

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 7th March 2010, 01:59   #7
Rellik
Major Dude

I know that right clicking the repeat button on a classic skin will give you a context menu that allows you to turn manual playlist advance on/off. Is this native, or is a plugin doing it?

It is certainly more convenient that digging through the prefs.
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 06:38   #8
djpete
Major Dude

fully agree Rellik

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 8th March 2010, 08:47   #9
DrO

Rellik: that menu is native and the manual advance option was added in 5.03 as per the version history.

djpete1959: now i'm confused as you're asking for it with the modern skin when it already does a 3-mode repeat...
* modern skins updates :
- Winamp modern skin now uses a 3 state repeat button: no repeat/repeat all/repeat track

so i'm not sure how you're wanting something implemented which already is implemented?!?

-daz
Old 8th March 2010, 10:47   #10
djpete
Major Dude

but it doesn't do the manual advance button/switch like yours Dr.
Thats what I mean.
The whole shaboodle in one.
Its probably a bit of a selfish thing but I use it all the time when djing.
EG
Speeches come up. So I hit manual advance for one track in playlist. I then get in position on dance floor with Mic wait for song to stop and introduce speeches. When I get back to desk I can see that I have a red M for manual advance there so I dont forget to switch it off.
So I switch it off and continue the party as usual.

And don't say get a proper dj software as I have tried them all and for me WA is the best and simplest. I swear by it. :-)

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 8th March 2010, 12:35   #11
DrO

i'm now confused as to what you're asking for since with the plug-in installed or compared to the winamp modern skin it acts the same way especially with regards to setting of the 'manual advance' option other than the plug-in can override the gui output for a classic skin or os that what you're referring to? if that is the case then you'll need to find a skinner as i avoid touching anything with modern skins wherever i can as they're just too much hassle to deal with.

-daz
Old 8th March 2010, 12:52   #12
djpete
Major Dude

mm.
Well this is the way I know it.
Classic skin with your plugin allows me to:
1. Repeat one track
2. Repeat all tracks in play list
3. Play one track that stops after it completes (Manual advance mode)

Modern skin does all the above BUT you can't do a manual advance. So I suppose its just the manual advance option that is missing. Is it possible to have a manual advance mod for this in Modern skins?

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 9th March 2010, 14:51   #13
JonnyMac

As an alternative/workaround Shift+R while main/player window or panel is in focus, toggles MPA.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2010, 21:01   #14
djpete
Major Dude

Well I never knew that one!!!
Will try!

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Old 10th March 2010, 00:21   #15
djpete
Major Dude

Well that does work but its very dangerous as there in no indicator that it's on.
:-((

Cheers, Pete

Winamp Enthusiasts Group
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion