• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blu7000
    • Apr 2019

Cdn cdn cdn help!

Greetings everyone,

I'm trying to configure two servers in CDN mode (Master & Slave), but can't seem to figure it out. I've researched a bunch and can't seem to find any guides or tutorials on how to properly set this up. Long story short, I'm a Shoutcast hosting provider (online radio hosting) and trying to prep for clients with a massive amount of listeners. Can someone please share what your sc_serv.config looks like on both master and slave without including any private info (obviously)? I've hit a brick wall and would reaaally appreciate the help!

Thanks!
  • MrSinatra
    Forum King
    • Dec 2004

Ur in the wrong subforum, and honestly u probably want DrO at wacup.
    PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
    --
    BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
    Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
    Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• blu7000
      • Apr 2019

Got it, I thought this would be the most appropriate sub for this type of question. Just reached out to him. I'm getting closer to figuring this out! Here's the status on both of my servers:

ServerA: Configured as a CDN master
      Authhash inheritance enabled for slaves

ServerB: Configured as a CDN slave
      Authhash inheritance enabled from master

Only problem now is that if I try to tune in to the stream of ServerA, which is what my web audio player and TuneIN app points to, I get this on the Master: WARN [xx.xx.x.xx sid=1] IP not in reserved list - disconnecting.

Are clients not supposed to connect directly to the master? From what I read in the Shoutcast DNAS wiki, rip is supposed to be enabled in order to config master/slave properly. I'm close, i know it.

Comment

• djSpinnerCee
        Forum King
        • Aug 2004

i thinka cdn only allows relay listeners -- that means only relays that are a shoutcast dnas, and represent as such in their user-agent. -- am i wrong?
        /* v2 HTML5 / Player test pages DigitalMixNYC, DigitalMixNYCbx | DNAS Status: Now Playing js codes (scaststatus_X.php) | PortForward.com | Upload/Download Speed Test | No-IP.com: Free Dynamic DNS | In the YP | dnasDir */

Comment

• MrSinatra
          Forum King
          • Dec 2004

Now ur in the right sub forum.

If anyone knows it's likely DrO at wacup tho.
          PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
          --
          BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
          Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
          Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing

Comment

• blu7000
            • Apr 2019

Thanks Dro! It's working now! I am currently using centova cast as my admin panel, which has the master dnas tied to it that then relays to the slave. When I tune in to the slave, I am able to listen to the broadcast, however, my centova cast panel only shows the relay server as the only active listener and not any other listener tuning in to the slave broadcast. Is this normal? Is there a way to relay the listener count/stats back to the Centova Cast panel or Master? Not sure if this is possible. but would be nice to see the total combined amount of listeners tuning in to all slave servers.

Comment

Working...
            X