Old 14th July 2013, 04:20   #1
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Ground Zero on my Workstation PC

Seems, that I have my Ground Zero now...
2 days ago I have lost the internet connection on my PC. I did a restart of our router, a system restore and many rebootings, and I had many PC freezings, finally I had the internet connection back. But the scrobbler-scripts in Firefox didn't work anymore, although they were up to date. Then I had to reboot my PC again, with the rebooting I lost the internet connection again, I had restarted our router again, still no internet connection. I did a further system restore, and before I tried that again, I had copied my settings-folder again. After the second tried restore I cannot start my PC anymore, I am asked how to start Windows, then I am waiting, before I can type in my password, then the screen goes black, then I am asked again how to start Windows and everything repeats...
Is the harddrive broken now or only Windows? What is the difference between a broken Windows and a broken harddrive? I am also strictly recommended by my PC to insert the DVD, which I got together with my PC...
It is a wonder, that I was able to create my last video before I was pulled into my Ground Zero totally...
Writing right now on Frank's PC...
Sorry, if I am in the wrong forums. In this case this thread can be moved to the right forums...
I am in a bad mood now. Such a shit!...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2013, 13:40   #2
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have inserted the recovery disc, but the reinstall was not possible, because the "BIOS" was not recognized...
My harddrive had made a very strange noise in the last days, and my PC didn't work correctly anymore, but it was not due to a broken Windows. It seems, that the harddrive has died. It was 4 years old and in use very much. My Winamps have prevailed and remained steadfast until the bitter end. Winamp is very strong and fights through all the very hard conditions...
I have no friends, I will bring my PC to the service store without help by other people...
I have already planned a bigger harddrive and also a second harddrive for composing & enjoying. And I want to reinstall Winamp 5.7 Beta, because I use the Cloud feature. I have still also the other setups and files...

Old 15th July 2013, 04:19   #3
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

You're welcome. If I can be of any further assistance to you with regards to this matter, please don't hesitate to let me know.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 06:36   #4
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Thank You, iomegajaz...
I have slept only 3 hours. I cannot sleep anymore and cannot calm down, I'm too nervous. Yesterday I have cried again and again, when I wrote on Frank's PC. I feel, like I would be cut off from the world...
Just tested the connection sockets of our router with Frank's PC, the connection socket, where I had connected my PC, is okay. There's something with my PC and not with our router. I can only hope, that they can repair my PC, they can replace the harddrive and they can reinstall Windows and the driver. I will take the installation-disks with me...
I want to have my Windows Vista PC back. I really don't want to buy a new PC with Windows 8. Computer with Windows 7 are not sold anymore. Many software don't work on Windows 8. I want to have a PC at the internet, not my notebook (Windows 7). Yesterday I have listened to the music with my notebook in the bed. I have the same files also there (and many USB-Sticks)...
If I have my PC at the internet again, my old PC or a new one, I will let You know and I will ask, if I will need further help...

Old 18th July 2013, 22:52   #5
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Today I got my PC back...
At first they gave me a wrong username. They have edited the username. Then I have discovered the wrong computername. I have edited it now, and I have to reboot (the second reboot, after Antivir has installed 160 updates and some further driver required a reboot, too)...
The PS2-Socket for my mouse didn't work anymore, the mouse is at an USB-Port now...
The Logitech Media Keyboard works, I have tested it in My Cloud Player. The media keys work only in Google Chrome like before, not in Mozilla Firefox, but my keyboard works...
In the recording device I have no "Stereo Mix" anymore, I need virtual cable now, otherwise I cannot broadcast via the Mixlr-App anymore...
And why did they install Windows Vista 64-bit? I wanted to have Windows Vista 32-bit. I discovered it, when I installed a few other software, suddenly I saw "x86". Winamp is not yet on my PC...
Edit: At least my PC has the right computer-name now...
I thought, the username-folder would be in D, but it's in C. Okay, WAVs (16-bit, 44.1 MHz can be in username > Music, but no MP3s, because Traktor Pro changes the tags. Pictures for the projects with MAGIX Video have to be in username > Pictures, but private photos, video, documents could be brought to D...
MAGIX-Projects (Music Maker, Samplitude Music Studio and Video will need the space in username > Documents, especially the screen-recordings will eat very much space (finished projects have to be deleted from time to time)...
I can only hope, that Winamp will read both harddrives (2x 1000 GB), C and D...

Old 19th July 2013, 21:33   #6
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Today I got my PC back...
Good.

Quote:
The PS2-Socket for my mouse didn't work anymore
Good. That you still own a PS2 mouse? Have a PS2 port? Questionable.

Quote:
The media keys work only in Google Chrome like before, not in Mozilla Firefox, but my keyboard works...
Good. Firefox has turned into Snowden to make it remotely relevant. Just use Chrome. If you can find the factory keyboard driver, that may help.

Quote:
I thought, the username-folder would be in D, but it's in C. Okay, WAVs (16-bit, 44.1 MHz can be in username > Music, but no MP3s, because Traktor Pro changes the tags. Pictures for the projects with MAGIX Video have to be in username > Pictures, but private photos, video, documents could be brought to D...
Use symbolic links to return your folders to whatever you wanted them to be

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_symbolic_link

Quote:
In the recording device I have no "Stereo Mix" anymore
If it doesn't work now and it used to, it's the driver. Find the manufacturer and use that driver. If that doesn't work, thank the recording industry.

Quote:
Many software don't work on Windows 8.
More than worked on Vista. Look up "Windows Compatibility Mode"

Quote:
I can only hope, that Winamp will read both harddrives (2x 1000 GB), C and D...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx

Assign whatever drive letters or folders that are useful. Tell Winamp what they are.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 04:46   #7
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

My PC has 2 PS2-Ports, and also for the mouse it had always worked...
For some scenarious I need Firefox, for other scenarious I need Chrome. Both browser have less add-ons than before...
I never wanted to have a second user on my PC, but maybe I have to do that now, because in the service shop they have set up the wrong user- and PC-name (were they not able to read my name on the paper?)...
They simply have removed "Stereo Mix", because some people had recorded from the web, that's the answer, why many people lose "Stereo Mix" or never saw it. Many very good things suddenly disappear, I have experienced that again and again (also many SHOUTcast TV Stations disappear)..
I simply don't like the metro view of Windows 8. XP, Vista and Windows 7 with the desktop view were much better, as 32-bit and 64-bit...
Winamp had also read my musician-software on C, and Winamp has read my main folder in D now (it's not the PC-name and not the username)...
I did the check, at least I can produce my next music-videos...

Old 20th July 2013, 12:00   #8
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
RoH, for what it's worth, weird things can happen if your actual profile folder used to be on C: and you move it to a different drive via a junction point or symlink. I did eventually get it to work on my own machine, but I'm a sysadmin. I wouldn't suggest an end user try it.

I would only move the individual library folders. Or, if it's Vista/7, just make something like D:\Music and add that directory to the music library.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2013, 17:52   #9
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

You are right, k_rock923...
"SabineKlare2" is in D, with the subfolders "Bilder2", "Dokumente2", "Musik2", "Videos2". When I was ready with copying the files, I have added "SabineKlare2" from "D" to the "Watched Folders", and everything is in the media library now...
In my username-folder I have also files for my new projects with my musician- and video-software. Only WAV-Files are in username > Music, and Traktor Pro cannot change the tags of my MP3s anymore. I have also the folder "HDWriter" with the camera-recordings in username > Videos, and HDWriter has recognized its old folder...
I had once Windows Vista 32-bit, and they have installed Windows Vista 64-bit, although I wanted to have Windows Vista 32-bit again...
And the Winamp Info Report shows the wrong username, which had been set up in the service shop:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m3...20.07.2013.txt
I cannot add the new PC yet to Winamp Cloud...
Fortunately this .m3u-file can be used on each computer (it has to be saved on the computer, then it can be enqueued, much better than opening it directly in a browser)...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7r...reams_2012.m3u
Playing right now one of my 2 new podcast-feeds (as test). I have set Winamp to not download the most recent episode, I can download a file also manually...

Old 20th July 2013, 19:34   #10
rockouthippie
Banned

Last edited by rockouthippie; 20th July 2013 at 20:39.
Old 21st July 2013, 02:03   #11
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have "Stereo Mix" back, and finally also the volume mixer works correctly and shows the right icons (before installing the driver it had shown the wrong icons). Another friend had problems with the live-broadcast via the Mixlr-App, when she wanted to play from the harddrive (and not via the SoundCloud-API). She heard the music in Winamp, we all saw in her Mixlr-Profile, that the broadcast was running, but we heard no sound. We all think, this is the same problem, she has no "Stereo Mix"...

In the shop they had edited the username of my PC, at home I had renamed my PC itself (with a reboot). The PC-name is shown correctly now, but the file-path for the username-folder still stays wrong, and I cannot edit it. I have to add a further user, and I have my pseudonym...

Old 21st July 2013, 02:24   #12
rockouthippie
Banned

Try to find a manufacturer driver for her sound card. It's likely how you got your "Stereo Mix" back. I think we have a "legal beagle" problem with Microsoft.
Old 21st July 2013, 05:36   #13
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have PMed her friend in Facebook. He has also no "Stereo Mix" (he uses 2 computer and cables). Also I have just posted in the chat of her Mixlr-Profile. I didn't see her since 1 week...

For all the other members here this link is very important:
http://www.stereo-mix.com/stereo-mix...ows-vista.html

Enjoying the "website music" in Full HD again (finally)...

PS, since 8:00 PM (Saturday) my live-show is running, and 6-7 hours remained from now... http://mixlr.com/sabine-klare/stage I will go to bed now, but the music will continue (because I broadcast via the SoundCloud-API and not via the Mixlr-App)...

Old 21st July 2013, 19:26   #14
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

For anyone else reading this thread....

1\ The "missing" stereo mix is due to the basic Microsoft installer being used. Vista and Win7 will attempt to install basic working drivers for any hardware found.
2\ Download the latest "HD Audio Codec Driver" from Realtek's website. Can't post the link here as it is a Taiwanese website. www dot realtek dot com dot tw
3\ Install latest driver from web. Reboot.
4\ Go into the Audio Control panel and display the "Disabled Devices" as per this: http://www.stereo-mix.com/stereo-mix...ows-vista.html

There is no "conspiracy" to kill this feature. It is just the average home user doesn't have a clue what it is. So lesser used features are hidden.

-=-=-=-

Oh - and for anyone else wanting to put their Documents\Music\Videos\etc folders onto a different drive you don't need symbolic links. The ability to move these folders are built into the Windows OS - Vista, Win7 and I guess Win8. Just RIGHT CLICK the Documents folder and use the Location tab to tell Windows where you want the folder moved to. This option will even move the files for you. This works for all of the non-hidden folders in C:\User\

Please look at the attached image. All you need to do is edit the path in the box, or use the Move button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MoveDir.gif
Views:	584
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	50720  
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 19:38   #15
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

In Vista+, I would use Libraries rather than the 'move' option. IMO, that option is intended for redirecting to a network share.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
Old 21st July 2013, 19:53   #16
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_rock923 View Post
In Vista+, I would use Libraries rather than the 'move' option. IMO, that option is intended for redirecting to a network share.
I do a mixture of both. First I get all the "default" C:\Users\Blah\ folders moved to a new drive. And then make use of the Libraries features to add in any other folders that are relevant.

This is especially neat on a client's laptop where there is are two partitions for "SYSTEM" and "DATA". Makes a rebuild so much simpler. And backups are quicker to do.

Libraries are great for a PC like mine with loads of hard disks. They especially come into their own when used with a DLNA aware TV.

I have dozens of extra Library categories. Helps me find stuff.

Actually - when I am setting up my OWN PC in "Full on Geek Mode" I move the WHOLE of the C:\Users\ branch as part of the installation. That way I can get my %APPDATA% folder moved without any registry hacking. But then that is a little advanced and OT for this thread.

Edit: I had to double check... Libraries are a Win7 thing. Not available in Vista, and hidden by default in Win8. Easy to bring back to Win8 as it is just an option in Explorer.
Old 21st July 2013, 20:04   #17
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Good call - it was indeed new in Win7.

Old 21st July 2013, 20:05   #18
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

@k_rock923: HAha - never tried that before, but easiest way to learn. I have a folder called "Gigs" which is a mixture of photos, music and videos from various gigs I have been to. And thanks to your nudge, I have just added that same folder to my Pictures, Music and Videos libraries.
Old 21st July 2013, 20:20   #19
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

This idea in post #14 incl. the attachement sounds very good. Currently I have set my AppData-folder to non-hidden. Maybe I have the solution now. I am "Sabine Klare" and not "Sabine Klane" (was it really so difficult ro read the "r" on the paper?)...

Old 21st July 2013, 20:26   #20
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabine Klare View Post
This idea in post #14 incl. the attachement sounds very good. Currently I have set my AppData-folder to non-hidden. Maybe I have the solution now. I am "Sabine Klare" and not "Sabine Klane" (was it really so difficult ro read the "r" on the paper?)...
AppData has to be moved as part of the installation. It is not a good idea to move it once Windows is installed as this needs a lot of registry and ini file hacking.

Best to leave that one alone. The average user doesn't need to go into there much anyway.

If you want to go into the %APPDATA%\Winamp folder a lot I would make use of the LINKS folder and put a shortcut to it in there.
Old 21st July 2013, 20:36   #21
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Okay, then a second user will be added on my Workstation PC, in this case the well-known user "Sternenmaschinebine" in the well-known platforms.

I will leave the subfolders of my username-folder in the current location. Maybe I can live with the situation, that the file path for the recently played file with the artist "DJ Mike Llama" and the title "Llama Whippin' Intro" is still "C:\Users\Sabine Klane\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\demo.mp3".

All my files are on D, and Traktor Pro cannot change the tags of my MP3s, because Traktor Pro has only access to username > Music by default, where I have the WAV-versions of our tracks.

Thank You for letting me know that...

Old 21st July 2013, 21:04   #22
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

Quote:
I will leave the subfolders of my username-folder in the current location. Maybe I can live with the situation, that the file path for the recently played file with the artist "DJ Mike Llama" and the title "Llama Whippin' Intro" is still "C:\Users\Sabine Klane\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\demo.mp3".
ONLY that demo MP3 is going to play out of the AppData folder. Once you start playing music you will NEVER see it again. Don't worry about it.

Quote:
All my files are on D, and Traktor Pro cannot change the tags of my MP3s, because Traktor Pro has only access to username > Music by default, where I have the WAV-versions of our tracks.

Thank You for letting me know that...
If you use the above trick to MOVE the music folder then Traktor Pro should know where to find it as Traktor Pro should just be looking up the variable via OS calls. Which is exactly what the MOVE trick was designed for.
Old 25th July 2013, 17:00   #23
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I have written 2 new notices in Facebook (musician-page & personal profile) and 2 new blogs in Last.fm. This is one of them:
http://www.lastfm.de/user/SabineKlar..._and_stereomix
If You have suggestions how to make my descriptions better, please let me know that, and I will try to edit my blog and notice.

I have less add-ons & scripts in Firefox & Chrome now to have the right overview, but incl. Greasemonkey & Stylish in Firefox, together with the right scripts. It is very important for me to scrobble from the music-platforms in Firefox & Chrome.

My Firefox is transparent again. I have made 24 new screenshots, and I have uploaded them in Facebook and imported them to Photobucket. I have uploaded the same photo-album also in Picasa / Google+. Picasa Webalbums has created a very beautiful .gif-image (I have moved it to a new photo-album):
https://plus.google.com/photos/10263...35273963851166

I have decided, that Winamp 5.7 Beta should have less 3rd-party-plugins. Some other good visualizer and the Winamp Essentials are in Winamp now. Once I had also ImageAmp and Image' In Winamp as 3rd-party-plugins. The Real Player will do this job now (Windows Media Player manages everything very confusing). I have copied some special image-folders from "SabineKlare2" > "Bilder2" also to "Sabine Klare" > "Pictures", for the slideshows and because MAGIX Video Deluxe 17 Premium (incl. Screenrecorder) will look only into my username-folder incl. subfolders and not into my folders on D.

After I had a long break to let Antivir do the scan, I will reinstall also my other software, and Traktor Pro cannot touch my MP3s in "SabineKlare2" > "Musik2" on D, only my WAVs in "Sabine Klare" > "Music" on C (with the wrong file path, but hacking the registry of AppData or my whole username-folder is full of risk).

At least my PC is working fine and faster again (for a long time my PC became slower and slower)...

Old 5th August 2013, 01:16   #24
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

It seems, the same thing is happening to Frank's PC now, and then the new topic will be:
Ground Zero on Frank's PC

I have searched some other posted links from another topic.
I think, the first link has to do something with Windows XP:
http://www.urltoy.com/asc.htm
I myself have Windows 7 only on my notebook, on our PCs we have Windows Vista:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...softwarecompat
I had inserted the DVD, but it didn't help, my PC had to be brought to the service shop:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html
A system restore can help, I did that once also on Frank's PC, but the last time it didn't help anymore on my PC:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...sked-questions
I had some forced Chkdsk, from 2012-2013. Maybe that's a very good idea for Frank's PC:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb491051.aspx

The exit-crash "Firefox has stopped working" with the fault modul name xul.dll appears on Frank's PC now very often, and he has never installed Firefox-Add-Ons. And he has also the non-respondings of his Firefox and many script-errors very often since many days. I myself use less browser-add-ons and less 3rd-party-plugins now...

Especially, if we have no money now, I will have to pay very much again. I know already how to bring back "Stereomix" also to Frank's PC. But then I don't want to see "Frank Klane" instead of "Frank Klare" on his PC, of course. On my notebook I am really "Sabine Klare" and not "Sabine Klane"...

PS, actually just a normal maintenance was planned for his PC in order to remove the dust...

Old 6th August 2013, 18:23   #25
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
I myself have Windows 7 only on my notebook, on our PCs we have Windows Vista
Wenn es läuft Windows 7, Update

Es dauerte einige Zeit, um herauszufinden, wie man einen Umlaut eingeben.

Microsoft hat ein gutes Betriebssystem einmal von zweimal. Vista ist schrecklich.

Please pardon my German. It's been a long time. I think in English and it's really hard to deal with German because of SAE colloquialisms.
Old 7th August 2013, 17:12   #26
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Your German is very good, although You think in English. I myself think in German, mostly, but if I plan to write a text in English, then I can think also in English, although I had learned only the "School English" and no "Business English"...

With Windows Vista I don't have these flickering-problems, if I use Milkdrop 2 in desktop mode for the screen-recordings... http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=315627 and I love to have Vista Aero and the transparent browser windows. I have tested also this theme for Opera (with Milkdrop 2 behind it)... https://addons.opera.com/de/themes/d...ra-aero-glass/

Many people hate Windows Vista. There are many "Pro and Contra" with the Windows Versions XP, Vista and Windows 7, in 32-bit and 64-bit. And I know many people, who want to use Windows XP also in the future. If I would have very much money and place at home, then I would have bought some more computer with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. Unfortunately only computer with the terrible Windows 8 are sold now. How could Microsoft make Windows 8 so ugly? I have heard, that many software doesn't work on Windows 8, only on the previous Windows Versions. I think, Windows 8 is the worst Windows Version ever...

At least we have discovered, that the Facebook-Problem is independent from the computer. On both PCs we have problems in Firefox, if Frank is online in Facebook. We get non-respondings with a sript-error, if he visits the Facebook-Startpage. If I myself am online, then we get only non-respondings without a script-error. In Google Chrome the Facebook-Startpage loads very slowly on both PCs with both logins. Then only the dust in Frank's PC has to be removed and nothing else has to be done. His PC and our WLAN-router are 6 years old, my PC is 4 years old and my notebook will become 2 years old in Autumn. Our router has to be restarted more and more, and a new router costs also very much money...

Old 13th September 2013, 23:47   #27
AusPanda

Quote:
If I would have very much money and place at home, then I would have bought some more computer with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. Unfortunately only computer with the terrible Windows 8 are sold now.

Our router has to be restarted more and more, and a new router costs also very much money...
Hi Sabine,

I have just installed 5 PCs that were built with Windows 7 and have another one being built right now. Windows 7 is definitely still for sale.

A good reliable flexible and inexpensive router is ASUS RT-N12 C1 Wireless which is just $45 Australian.
AusPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2013, 17:27   #28
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Maybe some shops in Berlin also still sell computer with Windows 7, for example M.BATMAN ELEKTRONIK. This service shop is only 2 U-Bahn-Stations away from us. They repair many PCs and notebooks each day, but they don't do something with the reflection of harddrives, and I think, virusses would be reflected, too.

Reinstalling Windows and replacing a harddrive, it is very harmless, if I compare that with a fire in a house or an apartment. January 2006 Frank and I had experienced a water damage because of a pipe-break in the apartment above, but June 2012 my mother had experienced a fire in her apartment, and all drawings & paintings of my father had been destroyed. I had been interested in this topic already some weeks ago, not knowing yet, what would happen to my mother's apartment soon. But good to know, that somebody can still buy a new computer with previous Windows Versions, for example Windows 7, if this person has lost the computer. Losing all photos, master-recordings, drawings & paintings etc. is more terrible.

I have installed CCleaner and hijackthis on Franks PC. I have deleted over 2.3 GB trash, and I have checked his PC, I have also visited http://www.hijackthis.de/de His PC is not faster after my actions, but it still works.

As long as our router still works, we still use it, but if it doesn't work anymore, we need to pay a lot of money again.

Old 14th September 2013, 22:57   #29
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
ASUS RT-N12
I bought one of these for $30 until Asus figured out they were really good and raised the price to $40. I use mine running dd-wrt firmware. This pretty much makes you Super-router. One thing that's nice about dd-wrt is that you can bump the power up to 250 mw in violation of federal law With linux machines, you can also use channels 12 and 13, which is legal if you don't interfere with services which could be on what would be channel 14. (US).

Quote:
As long as our router still works
If you have devices that will handle 802.11n (not the old 802.11g like dated routers), it is way worth it. Having an "n" router let me rip all the ethernet cables out of the house. I felt like I still needed wired connections before 802.11n. Not any more. Range is at least double. Speed is at least quadruple. I can use my wireless in my neighbors house. That's 50 meters through a few walls. It isn't nearly so susceptible to interference from other 2.4 Ghz devices like nuke ovens and cordless phones.

On my old router, if I heated up a burrito, my connection dropped. I'd really like to go to a 5Ghz router, but retrofitting all my devices would be too spendy. Really though, this is like wireless that works.
Old 15th September 2013, 00:52   #30
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Maybe that's the reason, why my Archos 43 wasn't able to get an internet connection, although I was in the same room, and I also wasn't able to connect my notebook with the internet and without a cable in another room. I have made the settings of an installed software on my notebook directly in the beginning to the offline-mode. I can enjoy the music on my Archos 43 (with real on-ear-headphones) in the city train and on my notebook (sometimes with the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro, sometimes with the built-in loudspeakers) in the bed without an internet connection very well, and in the bed I am also hypnotized while listening to the music...

Old 15th September 2013, 08:15   #31
rockouthippie
Banned

I don't know whether you have an N router or a G. I have no G devices, so I have set my router to only use N. This is not the default setting. Mostly routers and wifi in your machines will use whatever is there. I just change to using only N because it ups the speed. I think in Germany you have extra channels. 12-15. Your router might be set to use them, and perhaps your devices aren't?

It's legal to carefully use channels 12 and 13 in the US, but Windows has them disabled. My router will do them. Linux will do them. Windows gets in the way by not letting you select them in the driver.

So maybe you are trying to hook a G device to a router that's been set "N only". Maybe you don't have the channels the router is using configured. Hard to tell.
Old 15th September 2013, 14:54   #32
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I don't know enough about the router. Our router is from the company "Telekom", bought June 2007, and in the same month we got DSL at home. Our router has 4 connection sockets, and 2 of them are in use. It also has an antenna, not sure, if it works, cable LAN works, but I didn't get wireless LAN working. No matter, I use Windows Explorer for copying my files and not WIFI, and I don't need something like USB Sync or WIFI Sync. Sometimes we lose the internet connection on both PCs, and then we know, our router has to be restarted, but mostly the internet connection is stable.

2011 I have heard, that people get already VDSL, and I have just read also about VDSL1 and VDSL2, when I did the search.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_Hi...ubscriber_Line
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very-hi...ubscriber_line
A DJ from Munich has said a few days ago, that he has already fiberglass technology and a very fast internet connection, when he tried to upload a 25 GB video to YouTube. The first time he had a failed upload, the second time his upload was successful.

I have seen also 3 TB harddrives in the store Conrad. They are more expensive than 1 TB, and I have heard, also 4 TB harddrives exist. The very long Winamp-Milkdrop-Videos have very large file-sizes, and the screenrecordings themselves eat already very much disk space. Recording 2 and a half hours are very much work, and suddenly a pop-up-window of Norton, Antivir or Smart Defrag can ruin the whole screenrecording, and everything has to be repeated. The DJ had this trouble with Norton, he tried again and suddenly the partition was full, when 5 minutes had remained. The third try was successful, and then the fight with the uploading to YouTube began. It was really a fight to get the video there, where it is now. He has currently 27 long Winamp-Milkdrop-Videos on YouTube, mostly between 1 and 2 hours, and I wish to know, how many internal harddrives he has in his computer and also the capacity of his harddrives. I think, he has at least Windows 7, because he has said: "Vista? urgs -.-", when we had our discussion, and then I have mentioned the flickering-problems with Milkdrop 2 in desktop mode on the Windows 7 computer. 2x 4 TB in a Workstation PC, it sounds very beautiful, and it would be very good for many long Winamp-Milkdrop-Videos...

Old 4th October 2013, 20:25   #33
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Our old WLAN-router is dead now

It has happened now. In the night from the 2nd October to the 3rd October everything was okay, then we turned our PCs into the sleep mode. In the next afternoon I wanted to do something on Mixlr and I wanted to make a replacement-show, because the SHOUTcast-server had crashed, where a friend of us broadcasts, too. After turning on my PC the updates of Antivir had failed, and I saw the red cross in the taskbar right. Also the Bento Browser said, that the webpage could not be found. I thought, a restart of our WLAN-router would help, and I took the opportunity to make my next Winamp Backup. But then I discovered: Our WLAN-router was dead, totally, turning off and on did not help anymore. Frank and I were cut off from the world, while the others had celebrated the day of reunion.

Although I had made the settings to "always connected" on the new Windows Install, I was able to restart my Winamp. I played some of my own music-videos (WMV). Also the Real Player can be started without internet connection. I got the message, that I should connect my computer with the internet. Then I went to the library to update the database also there (the Real Player reads also my undo-playlists in AppData > Roaming). Then I added a few accounts in my reinstalled Windows Live Mail, I looked also to Frank's Windows Live Mail and I learned. Frank and I have decided: E-Mails for him to his PC, E-Mails for me to my PC.

Today I went to the bank and then to the shop of our telephone-provider to buy the following model of our old WLAN-router. At home I read the guide for our new router, I disconnected our old one and I connected our new one. Then I went to the website of our telephone-provider for the automatic configuration. The automatic configuration was possible, because I didn't buy our new router somewhere else. Finally we had our internet connection back.

4 days ago the supermarket Aldi got new monitors in the offer, and because Frank's old monitor makes more and more problems, I had bought already a new one. I think, it will last only some further days, then his old monitor cannot be turned on anymore. 5 days ago and also today I needed 4 tries to get his old monitor on. I always saw shortly the desktop, then his monitor got off again, and when it was finally on, it made abnormal noises in the first minutes.

3 things broke down since July. At first my old harddrive died (4 years old), currently Frank's old monitor is still dying on (nearly 10 years old), and yesterday suddenly our old router had died (6 years old). Will Frank's harddrive (6 years old) be the next? Especially, if we don't have the money to buy new things, then many things break down, one after the other. Maybe the time has come, maybe I have to leave the German Philosophy now and I have to change to the American Philosophy. And in this case You could be right, rockouthippie, because enjoying the life is more important. You have said: Don't worry, be happy...

Old 2nd December 2013, 22:18   #34
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

How many times Ground Zero?

Before my thread will disappear into the Nirvana together with all the other threads, I have some news...

Today Frank's old monitor has died totally. I have disconnected it, and I have connected his new monitor, which I have already bought a while ago, when we realized, that his old monitor was dying on. The new monitor works very fine. He is used to the old layout 4:3, but he has to get used to the new layout 16:9. And maybe I can make him another thing palatable some day, who will know hat. At least he likes my very beautiful music-videos on YouTube...

Ground Zero... I have fears now, that a very large fan community will see a new Ground Zero soon...

Old 2nd December 2013, 22:21   #35
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Pst go here http://winampforum.com/ I'm there...kittehs are there..and enjoy your new monitor!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 22:44   #36
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Frank has to "enjoy" his new monitor now. He has a PC and a monitor, and I have also a PC and a monitor, and I have not only my PC, I have also my notebook for listening to the music in the bed (and You know already, with which software)...

Old 2nd December 2013, 22:48   #37
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Yay!
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 23:56   #38
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
And I want to reinstall Winamp 5.7 Beta, because I use the Cloud feature.
Isn't that going to become a non-existent service?
Old 3rd December 2013, 01:02   #39
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Sure, I will lose my account in Winamp Cloud soon, because also the related website Winamp Cloud will be shut down. These are some quotes from my own postings in my own Facebook -Page "Sternenmaschinebine":
55.63 GB used & 44.37 GB free (on PC: 300.86 GB used), 3976 tracks (on PC: 19818 tracks)... Not very long anymore...
"Important Message: The Winamp Cloud Beta service will no longer be available after December 20, 2013. Please download any files that you wish to keep prior to that date or they will be lost. Thanks for your participation in the Winamp community and beta program."
- This was the E-Mail, which I got on 20th November, but there is no download-button. Fortunately all files are already on my PC, on my notebook and on many USB-sticks. After Audiogalaxy also Winamp Cloud Beta will disappear, and it had only a short life...
55.76 GB used & 44.24 GB free (on PC: 300.99 GB used), 3982 tracks (on PC: 19824 tracks)... soon 0 GB used & 0 GB free, 0 tracks...

Then YouTube, MySpace, ReverbNation, SoundCloud, Mixcloud, My Cloud Player etc. have to do the job, if I am not at home and I have to use another PC. They can be used also offline. I leave the links so many times for my friends in Facebook, and they all say: "Wow... So many playlists, so many music...".

Some members didn't test Winamp Cloud, because they are not in Facebook. But each Android-user is in Google+, not only each YouTube-user. And YouTube is still my Main Music Portal.

Okay, these are my musician page and my personal profile in Google+. And You will see, that I am in my biggest fight ever...
https://plus.google.com/110262828691932637694/posts
https://plus.google.com/+SabineKlare/posts

Old 12th November 2014, 21:51   #40
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

I was glad to see our computers & monitors working, until this week.

This time it has happened to my notebook (3 years old). I wrote also here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=26855

The black notebook screen is a widespreaded phenomen and it can have different reasons, simple or very massive.

Watching Milkdrop 2 of Winamp shouldn't be a reason for getting the graphic card broken. I watched only rarely. And I don't play video games. Mostly I copied the new files from my PC via USB-Sticks to my notebook.

I hope, a repair will not be too expensive. But I have no money for a new notebook, if it cannot be repaired anymore. Then that was it...

Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions

Tags
harddrive, reinstall, total crash, totally broken, windows