Old 17th September 2001, 21:41   #1
kennyooi

Send a message via ICQ to kennyooi
Big Trouble I Facing Now

Hello Guys and grils,
Me now having a big big problem inside my head it really killinng me so i hoope that you all can help me out of the problems ok
this is the problem i'm having now. last time when i play my winamp that time , all my sound devices for orther program cannot run already, like icq i cannot heer the typing sound,when i minimize or maximise the windown i also cannot heer the sound, or when i play VCD i also cannot heer any sound out from there. but today everything is just like totally al on the orther way when i play winamp that time i stil can heer the icq sound, maximise and minimise the window sound, all i play VCD also i can heeeer the sound from VCD and also from winamp it make me so peace off, i try and try but i still cannot oover come the problems, i want my sound for winamp same as last time mean that i would like to listen to only from winamp sound and not mix with all orthers program sound.
i hope that u all guys and girls can help me out, i reallly will apreciate alll your help and thank you so much , i serously need it as soon as possible , anyway you also can mesg me tell me the solution on this in my icq also the no. is 66748682.
thank you so much !!!!!
kennyooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2001, 22:31   #2
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Send a message via AIM to fish
Your problem is that the sound card you're using only supports one voice at a time.

You might want to try upgrading to a newer sound card for all of your audio to work in unison.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2001, 22:53   #3
Sawg

Preferences (Ctrl-P) > Plug-ins > Output > Select "Nullsoft DirectSound plug-in v2.0"
Old 18th September 2001, 21:07   #4
kennyooi

Send a message via ICQ to kennyooi
need help

what is the setting for
Preferences (Ctrl-P) > Plug-ins > Output > Select "Nullsoft DirectSound plug-in v2.0"

to make the sound when i play song that time only got song sound but not mix with orther porgram sound like icq and orthers program, i only want winamp sound out from my speaker only

can u pls help me
thanks
kennyooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2001, 21:55   #5
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yeah, the guys misunderstood you above and have given you instructions to do the exact opposite of what you really wanted.

Change back to the default WaveOut plugin.

Then click "configure" and move the priority slider up to higher.
If this still doesn't work then try the Time Critical setting.

Still no joy, goto "Prefs -> Options"
Move Winamp's process priority class slider up to "High", and as the last resort, try "RealTime".

If the problem persists, then the only other option you have is to disable the other sounds by selecting "None" (or No Sounds?) in the Sounds Control Panel. Be sure to save your current configuration first so you can change back to it when required.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support