Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Old 19th January 2011, 06:45   #1
jeffhr01

shoutcast not working in android 2.2 - not even in latest winamp

I have spent for 30 hours searching for a solution, however, I need help. I want to provide live stream on an android phone with a user having to download an app.

I have used shoutcast but that does not help and when i go to m.mysite.com and click play from android browser it gives unsupported format.

however, this site: http://stream.radiojavan.com/radiojavan if I go to it, and then from android browser it plays the stream.

Any help will be a great help.
jeffhr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 06:21   #2
Greg_E
Major Dude

I'm looking for a solution too... I think the answer may be to make an m3u playlist because I notice that the .pls playlists do not work in 2.2. I'm using an Archos 43it "tablet" not a phone, but it is running 2.2. I intend to find an answer.

In the short term... If you are running an mp3 stream, and you are listed on the YP, then users can install the free Winamp for Android app from the marketplace. If you are trying to run an aac+ stream, then the damn search will not find your stream (why are we STILL being punished for being progressive?).

I'm hoping that a direct link to an m3u will do the trick but I need to research the generation of said file to see what happens.

Your mileage may vary!
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 22:48   #3
Greg_E
Major Dude

Try Tunein (free) or RadioTime (paid?) from the market. I just loaded this on the Archos and it finds our stream so I'm happy enough for now. Still would be nice if Winamp would find the aac+ stations!!!
http://www.appbrain.com/app/tunein-radio/tunein.player

I'll test this out for a while and if I like it I'll buy the ad free version.

Your mileage may vary!
Old 8th February 2011, 17:26   #4
androidworkz

I can develop a player for you that works fine on 2.2. Send me a pm.

If you want an example - search for chroniX Radio or MyFlexRadio on the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
In the short term... If you are running an mp3 stream, and you are listed on the YP, then users can install the free Winamp for Android app from the marketplace. If you are trying to run an aac+ stream, then the damn search will not find your stream (why are we STILL being punished for being progressive?).
Android doesn't support AAC+ streams.
androidworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 05:53   #5
ruffi

pmd you! hahaha
ruffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 17:40   #6
Greg_E
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidworkz View Post
Android doesn't support AAC+ streams.
Yes it does, and I believe it is part of the hardware requirements for all Android devices that run 2.x. AAC+ is built into the multimedia chip on all the devices that I know of that play our stream through TuneIn.

Your mileage may vary!
Old 16th October 2011, 19:28   #7
wojtysz

still the same at the end of 2011

Hi,
I found this topic as I'm having the same problem with 2.2 and winamp for android. I couldn't find a way to download latest winamp version from your page as the account says there is no phone attached. I'm using some value tablet not a phone but don't know if it matters. I downloaded older version of winamp from somewhere else through pc. install went fine but then winamp finds mp3 stream only, not an aac one. and of course it doesn't work, so nothing changed since your last messages. after some research I found out that only tunein app allows to listen to my stream.
If there is something that can be done please let me know.

Thx
wojtysz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 22:55   #8
robs824

Try This Solution

I use the Retro Radio app available for FREE in the Android Market. Retro Radio offers Shoutcast for free right on your Android.

Enjoy!!!
robs824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
android shoutcast