Old 23rd August 2011, 13:30   #1
r4dius

Albumart (cover) question

Hi,

I can't figure out how to properly display cover picture on my skin, I actually need to detect if a cover exists to hide / show the side of the skin where I display the cover,
I've seen in old "Winamp Modern" maki scripts some use of code like "cover.isInvalid()"
where "cover" is an "AlbumArt" element on the skin,
the problem I have is there's some timing condition when I use "isInvalid" inside a "System.onTitlechange" function, I have to delay the "isInvalid" for lets say 100 ms or it will always return true (not valid), I guess it's the time Winamp needs for parsing the files metadata and / or check if cover files exists,

As I could not find the latest "Winamp Modern" sources (nor bento), can someone tell if there's a better way to do this, if you have the sources it would be great too ?

Thanks
r4dius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 14:14   #2
corwwin

Hi

I just found this while exploring the std.mi file.Perhaps it can help you.

extern Int System.getAlbumArt(String playitem); //Requires 5.5 // Will return 1 if an album art has been downloaded, otherwise 0

Btw, what have you against the standard cover not found image? You can change it with this code:
<bitmap id="winamp.cover.notfound" file="player/anything-you-want.png" />
in the elements.m definition file.
corwwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 14:16   #3
r4dius

Thanks for your reply I'll try this
it's just that I'm hiding it when not needed so there's more place for the other stuff
Old 3rd September 2011, 12:13   #4
corwwin

Hi

I had no time to check precisely, but the older versions of winamp included the source code of the standard modern skin. Try to load the 5.30 release, which was the first version with integrated cover art feature. I know there's a site offering the older versions from the 1.0, just google "winamp old version" to find it. My archives start from the 2.80 version.
corwwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2011, 19:49   #5
r4dius

Hi,

I just tested the getAlbumArt function, it actually opens the popup to get a cover from the internet :/,
As you said I downloaded Winamp 5.3 but it didn't have the cover art in the notifier at the time, I need to check how the cover show / hide is done in the (new) notifier code

Thanks
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins