Old 19th October 2015, 05:34   #1
casiasser

Winamp Crashing When I Try To Play Wavpack

Hello Please Help.
Winamp simply does nothing when i try to play Waw,and i have the essentials installed,i do not understand this because i has not been a problem in the past,i have not made any modifications to my system(windows 8.1)lately.
casiasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2015, 15:34   #2
Robertson11

Waw or Wav?
Robertson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2015, 04:07   #3
casiasser

Sorry Wavpack
Old 20th October 2015, 15:55   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Do you have the latest WavPack decoder (in_wv.dll version 2.8.1) in your Winamp plugins folder? Is "WV" in your list of Winamp supported file extensions? Are you using the current patched version of Winamp?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2015, 01:31   #5
casiasser

yes i do and it worked fine three days ago,and i have tryed to uinstall winamp essentials pack and then istalled it and thanks in advance for your help
Old 22nd October 2015, 21:37   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Well something happened 3 days ago. A configuration change, a computer crash, shutdown of the computer before exiting Winamp, installation of new software or Winamp plug-in, installation of new hardware, Windows updates, hardware driver updates, or something that seems totally unrelated. I'm just guessing about some possibilities. I assume you've run malware and virus scans. Have you used the Windows Event Viewer to look for any errors that occurred between the time the files were playable and when they weren't?

If the issue is caused by something corrupted within Winamp and/or it's configuration files and you don't have a recent backup to return to, then maybe a "clean uninstall" of Winamp and the Essentials Pack followed by a fresh install will get things back to normal. (A "clean uninstall" means you totally delete everything in the Winamp program folders and the user data folders that hold the Winamp configuration and user data files. Just running the provided uninstaller doesn't remove everything.)

This will cause you to lose your media library data, play history data, playlists and other unique user data related to how you have Winamp configured and have been using it over time. So before you take that drastic step, you can use the Winamp Backup Tool (http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/backuptool/) to back up your current installation. This will allow you to save and reuse user data that is not corrupted and thus not have to restart everything over from scratch.

Reinstalling Winamp over your current installation may work. But most times, a "clean uninstall" and fresh install is the only thing that will 'fix' tricky problems that appear out of nowhere without a determinable cause.

I also suggest you use the Winamp Info Tool (http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/infotool/) to make an extended report of your current Winamp installation. The Info tool will put the report in a zip file that you can attach to a post. The experts around here can take a look at it and may find something that can be changed that will fix the issue.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 23rd October 2015, 04:41   #7
casiasser

A Thousand Thanks Aminifu
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:28   #8
casiasser

It worked,YES
Old 26th October 2015, 16:54   #9
Aminifu
Forum King

What worked? I threw a lot of stuff up on the wall.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support