Old 1st September 2002, 16:01   #1
angel911

|||| In Memorial Of 09/11/2001|||||

Hello everyone,

I've created a song that is called "Now That You're An Angel". A song dedicated to the September 11, 2001 victims. It's making the NEWS in Canada and in the US. You can listen to it for free at the following address:

http://www.pyratts-productions.com

Hope you enjoy.

The author: Guy Soucy
angel911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 16:16   #2
missyob
Angel of Winamp

I went to the site, but I dont know why you would have to enter your name and email address just to listen to it, unless this is just another shameless way of getting email addys.

~ Missy

ps this is also a cross post. It is also posted in another forum here at winamp. <Breaking news>
missyob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 16:18   #3
binary hero
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to binary hero
ok, i don't mean to be disrespectful in any way, and if i offend people, can a mod (or me) edit all of this out please.

Last night, when i turned on the TV, i was confronted with loads of adverts about "what happened on september 11th", "9/11, the story", "how the towers fell" "who was behind sept 11th attacks" adverts and programs. It is bad enough that it happened, worse that we needed such a wake up call, but just doing this sort of thing is plain exploitative. Can't we just leave it alone, we have learnt our lesson (or we are trying to), we need to tighten up airport security, but not so tight that bishops can't take their ceremonial things on board, but so that people can't take weapons on board. I understand that this won't be happening in the near future, but making commemorative songs, websites and everything doesn't help the people who died, it's just a way of generating money. please just leave it, i think it's disgusting that we need to highlight such things, just to make a point, or for 'good' tv .

Things like having an american flag as an avatar, to show respect, or making a website for the people who are mourning is good, but trying to sell "9/11 commemorative badges" or something is just wrong. I am not trying to insult you angel911, it's just my opinion and i am sure what you are doing is incredibly noble, it just isn't "to my taste".
binary hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 16:23   #4
Neko
Major Dude

for the love of god PLEASE dont let this be the start of a "9/11 memorial" wave, if that happens, i swear, ill rip out my modem and leave my house

[edit] sorry, im just now sick to death of anything regaurding 9/11, people need to let it go, jees [/edit]
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 16:24   #5
Somebody
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Neko
for the love of god PLEASE dont let this be the start of a "9/11 memorial" wave, if that happens, i swear, ill rip out my modem and leave my house
9-11 NEVER FORGET
Somebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 16:24   #6
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
BH I'm afraid I agree. Sorry but it's realy irratating, we dint do the same for when the center of Bermingham was blown out by a IRA bomb. nore do the spanish with Eta bombings, it's somthing we learn from and move on.

11/9 I get fed up with 9/11 it makes no sence! Day/Month/Year not Month/Day/Year it dosent make sence!

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 16:27   #7
Neko
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Somebody

9-11 NEVER FORGET
with the current american popluation % of this forum, im sure non of us will ever forget it....
Old 1st September 2002, 16:30   #8
Schismx

Indeed. There are more important things in life than memories. Like current events and looking towards the future.

People who reminisce are people who can't accept and move on.
Schismx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 16:30   #9
Psycho Puppet
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Psycho Puppet Send a message via Yahoo to Psycho Puppet
I agree, making money off this tragic even is morally wrong. But we must never ignore what happened that day...for ignoring the past would be to neglect our future.

Quote:
People who remember are people who can't move on.
A bit generalized don't you think? Considering I still remember what happened, what time it was, and the footage of it...but I move on with school, friends, and such.

YES
Psycho Puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 16:34   #10
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

We ignore the past all the time.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 16:36   #11
dam
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to dam
I agree with bh too. Its friggin irritating.
I had enough trouble at the airports because of my color. I told them I'm not a musilm, an afghan or a Pakistani. Damnit I dont even resemble a muslim nor have i touched muslim clothes. But did they listen? No. They were enveloped in this whole *patriotic* thing. My friend and her bf were harrased by some bastards a week after 9/11. The security gaurds even checked a box of cookies I was taking to my sister. I told them that my country is attatcked everyday by the same group of errorists. Blah..Blah..Blah. I can go on for ages. No use.

What I mean is I dont want all that stuff to happen again. I had enough of it. Once is more that enough.
dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 16:40   #12
binary hero
Banned

(for those of you who don't know, dam is from india)

i am sorry i didn't make it clear, i didn't want it to be forgotten, i just want to stop people making money from it and dragging out, we should learn and move on, not learn and look back.
Old 1st September 2002, 16:41   #13
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

Quote:

with the current american popluation % of this forum, im sure non of us will ever forget it....
The attack may have been placed in the United States, but it was an attack against all 'western' nations. I doubt anyone from any of those countries will ever forget this.
baafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 16:46   #14
Neko
Major Dude

if people would shut up about it, then i'd forget it, and in time, when something else happens, or when this generation are dead and berried, 9/11 will just be another subject in history class.
Old 1st September 2002, 17:26   #15
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Send a message via AIM to fish
I think its waaaay to overhyped. stfu and get on with your lives, dammit.

eh, heh.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 17:28   #16
Schismx

Quote:
Originally posted by fish
Nicely put.
Old 1st September 2002, 17:38   #17
Namelessv1
Forum King

Well, its something we should keep in the back of our minds, but we definitely need to move on.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 17:42   #18
henry3k56
Forum King

Its HISTORY! And we lived through it.

Theoretically, I don't think its affected us (people that weren't there where it happened) directly that we don't care about it too much. A feeling of surealism sets in among us that have seen it on TV, and online. But for those that lived it, its their life that they have to deal with the hardest everyday losing friends, famiy, and co-workers.

henry3k56 | Summer is here.
My Flickr Page & Frontierra | Posting Since September 2001.
henry3k56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 17:47   #19
fish
Pretty Cool Guy

Send a message via AIM to fish
When you think about it, it really didn't exactly affect you. If you were living under a rock last september you would have had no idea what was going on and you would think nothing had happened. Its the media hyping out everything which makes it as big as it is now.

I dont mean to be offensive to anyone but it's what I think..

eh, heh.
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 17:52   #20
binary hero
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by fish
agreed.

henrey - yesterday was history and we lived through that (AFAIK). It did affect many people, and should affect the way we think about things like security, but taking it to the extreme is just stupid. I think people tried to act too fast.
Old 1st September 2002, 18:01   #21
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Here in aus on the eve of 9-11 theres gonna be a show on tv about the firefighters who were involved, then documentaries just about all day on the 11th..

If these were running all day, commercial free then i wouldnt have a problem with it...But im betting they wont be.
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 18:04   #22
MetallichicA
Forum Queen

Send a message via AIM to MetallichicA
It's because so many died at once that people start caring. Many many people die in car wrecks each day, but nobody thinks or cares about those because it wasn't a MASS death. Well, you hear about it when there's a 200-car pileup on a freeway anyway, but not each individual car.

I have the utmost sympathy for all those involved, but I agree- we need to move on and stop dwelling on it. Either that or start dwelling on EVERYONE who has EVER died.
MetallichicA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 18:24   #23
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

9-11

I live in New York. I had an apartment..I had a good paying job..I had friends who didn't come home to Long Island..I hate why don't we just forget this"overhyped" shit. You get to watch the city burning then you get to go and get as much resources together to help the homeless, the hurt and crazy..I don't mind people from around the area talking bout all the exploitive nonesense, but I'll be fucked if I'm going to even listen to someone thousands of miles away from here tell me the coverage was overdone.
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 18:28   #24
randman

Sept. 11, 2001 was a tragedy. No one denies that. But there are tragedies around the world almost on a daily basis. There have been tragic situations where many more lives were lost. (The WWII holocaust, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, etc. come to mind).

We Americans should not, make that cannot, wallow in the past. We have to move on with things. The future is waiting.
Old 1st September 2002, 18:29   #25
henry3k56
Forum King

There also is a war going on, and turmoil in that same area that the war is being fought in. All directly connected together that led up to what happened on 9/11. I don't think that this will fade away like it never happened.
Yesterday was history, although nothing dramatic, spectacular, or hofficic happened. And yes, it is getting annoying to some extent with every news channel talking about it, and several of the educational channels: Like Discovery, TLC, and The History Channel running something about it. Other thing I will point out: On September 11th, 2001 and for about two weeks; cartoons, and pay per view tv were practically the only things on TV to stray away from the repeating news, and everything else.

henry3k56 | Summer is here.
My Flickr Page & Frontierra | Posting Since September 2001.
henry3k56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 18:38   #26
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

9-11

I never said let's not "move on'' I said if you live here it wasn't overhyped it was horrifying. The whole thing just too awful. But I'm alive and still "bitchin". But I won't forget
Old 1st September 2002, 19:07   #27
Schismx

Re: 9-11

Quote:
Originally posted by Widdykats
I live in New York. I had an apartment..I had a good paying job..I had friends who didn't come home to Long Island..I hate why don't we just forget this"overhyped" shit. You get to watch the city burning then you get to go and get as much resources together to help the homeless, the hurt and crazy..I don't mind people from around the area talking bout all the exploitive nonesense, but I'll be fucked if I'm going to even listen to someone thousands of miles away from here tell me the coverage was overdone.
No offense but if I have to listen constantly to news about Sept 11th then I have as much right as you to complain. It is unnecessary and only serves to create more friction.

To take it to the lowest denominator, all that happened was a bunch of loosely related people dying. Take away the terrorism and it becomes an every day incident. How about those news reporters spend their time reporting something that is happening NOW and affecting the world NOW. Sept 11th was and is a storm in a teacup.

Sorry to be blunt.
Old 1st September 2002, 19:12   #28
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Right this is geting stupid.

its over its done GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES!

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 19:29   #29
GoldenSphynx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by dam
I told them I'm not a musilm, an afghan or a Pakistani. Damnit I dont even resemble a muslim nor have i touched muslim clothes.
Hold on a second, so just by looking at a person you know who is and who isnt a Muslim? And second, I didnt know clothes had religions. What exactly are Muslim clothes? Did you know I am a Muslim, bet you wouldnt have known if I hadnt told you. Just take a look at my pic in the yearbook thread.
GoldenSphynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 19:30   #30
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

9-11

I don't mind bluntness, but whether it be Hiroshima or New York mass killing bothers me greatly and it should bother you all. I don't have to live in London to be upset by an IRA bombing. If the event of Sept. 11th wasn't very upsetting to you as a human being, well, that's just sad. And for those of you who haven't yet lost someone, be it a parent, husband, wife sig. other or their homes ..if nothing bad has ever really happened to you God Bless
Old 1st September 2002, 19:44   #31
Schismx

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenSphynx

Hold on a second, so just by looking at a person you know who is and who isnt a Muslim? And second, I didnt know clothes had religions. What exactly are Muslim clothes? Did you know I am a Muslim, bet you wouldnt have known if I hadnt told you. Just take a look at my pic in the yearbook thread.
I was just as upset as the next person when I heard the news but this trend of continuing to drag up the past is doing more harm than good.
Old 1st September 2002, 19:56   #32
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

9-11

Dragging up the past uh tell that to one of my New York friends who's mom survived "The Camps" of WW11.. God not remembering hatred, racism sexism and historical trends is what puts us in shit to begin with.
Old 1st September 2002, 20:02   #33
randman

Re: 9-11

Quote:
Originally posted by Widdykats
I don't mind bluntness, but whether it be Hiroshima or New York mass killing bothers me greatly and it should bother you all. I don't have to live in London to be upset by an IRA bombing. If the event of Sept. 11th wasn't very upsetting to you as a human being, well, that's just sad. And for those of you who haven't yet lost someone, be it a parent, husband, wife sig. other or their homes ..if nothing bad has ever really happened to you God Bless
I don't think anyone has said it wasn't a terrible event. I think everyone here concurs it was a major tragedy and very sad. All people are saying (in their own way) is that, as a nation, we have to move on. People who lost love ones are naturally going to have a tougher time dealing with it. Also no one is saying we should forget the event. They are just saying there is a line that is crossed where remembering becomes hype. The television networks will make millions from the commercials they show during these "remembrance specials". And that does nothing but cheapen and lessen what really happened that day.
Old 1st September 2002, 20:05   #34
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

9-11

Randman, Thank You
Old 1st September 2002, 20:43   #35
eleet-2k2
Forum King

Quote:

[edit] sorry, im just now sick to death of anything regaurding 9/11, people need to let it go, jees [/edit]
Yes, and not to be disprespectful, but if I have to turnon the TV only to be harassed by something 9/11 onevery other channel, I'll go psycho onyou all. Please, remember the attacks, remember the people who are gone, even hate the Afghans if you wish, but dont bring it back up at every turn in life and every anniversary of this black day. Please!!!!!

"Welcome to the Island of people who know too much."..."Did you really think balloons would stop him?!"
See what I'm listening too.
eleet-2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 20:46   #36
Xerxes
Capitalist Alumni

Send a message via ICQ to Xerxes
I don't think the event will ever be forgotten- have we ever forgotten Pearl Harbor? the Alamo? the Atomic Bomb? the Okalahoma City Bombing? The american public more or less forgets about things like the Teapot Dome scandal, but not events where huge amounts of life are extinguished in quick periods of time.

This event has forever changed our relationship with the rest of the world, and US foriegn policy for at least the next century. For this reason, the events of september 11th will never be forgotten- all the rest of these TV specials and sentimental docu-crap are extraneous.

The best thing for americans to do on the 11th is take a sick day and have a picnic with your girlfriend or your family, and not dwell on the past.

Now is the time for all good Americans to come to the aid of their Country
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 21:52   #37
ctn|chrisw
Forum King

Its okay to greive when someone dies...but the media made it worse. Every fricken channel-BOOM explsion crash!. All fricken week. I dont know why they did that. I couldnt stand tv that day. The only channel I could watch was Nickelodeon. I hope they dont have memorials on every fricken channel.

ctn|chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2002, 23:10   #38
eleet-2k2
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes
I don't think the event will ever be forgotten- have we ever forgotten Pearl Harbor? the Alamo? the Atomic Bomb? the Okalahoma City Bombing? The american public more or less forgets about things like the Teapot Dome scandal, but not events where huge amounts of life are extinguished in quick periods of time.

This event has forever changed our relationship with the rest of the world, and US foriegn policy for at least the next century. For this reason, the events of september 11th will never be forgotten- all the rest of these TV specials and sentimental docu-crap are extraneous.

The best thing for americans to do on the 11th is take a sick day and have a picnic with your girlfriend or your family, and not dwell on the past.
Xerxes, I wholeheartedly agree. Remeber the past but dont let it consume your future. (That make sense?)

cmw --> Being the attention-hogs that the TV networks are, there will most likely be lots of memorials on TV.

"Welcome to the Island of people who know too much."..."Did you really think balloons would stop him?!"
See what I'm listening too.
eleet-2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2002, 04:11   #39
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to J. Burnaway
Quote:

Oh yes, by all means, let it go. Let go the fact that airplanes taken over by hijackers hit two of the largest buildings in the world. That these buildings were filled with mothers and fathers, aunts and uncles, sons and daughters. That knife wielding fanatics were able to turn filled passenger jets into missiles. It happened almost a whole year ago - can't we completely forget about it already?

You people are a bunch of freakin' morons. Forget about it? What the hell are you talking about? While we're at it, can't we just forget about the holocaust - I mean, it was almost 60 years ago, and most of those people would probably be dead by now anyways. And that Serbia stuff - old news. Shove it all under the rug because, hey, there's a new version of winamp out, and is it good or isn't it? Isn't that what's really important.

Neko - you have a 3 page (and growing) post about a skin in the winamp 3 forums, and you get ticked off about hearing again about 3,000 people being killed by fanatics? Well, pull out your modem then, and lock yourself in your room with your blinders and headphones on, playing with photoshop.

Quote:
Originally posted by Schismx To take it to the lowest denominator, all that happened was a bunch of loosely related people dying. Take away the terrorism and it becomes an every day incident. How about those news reporters spend their time reporting something that is happening NOW and affecting the world NOW. Sept 11th was and is a storm in a teacup.
Oh, yeah, it was just an everyday incident. I can't walk out the door without having to walk around the bodies of people who jumped out of buildings because they would rather fall 100 floors and die hitting concrete than to burn to death. You are a bunch of self-centered jerks (obviously not everyone who posted in this thread, but many of you). Look outside your little world for just a minute and appreciate what many people went through, and are still going through. Take away the terrorism? That's the major part of it. Take away the terrorism, and there would be babies who would have met their fathers.
This had to be one of the biggest news stories in recent history. If this isn't news, then what really is? If you are so bored with it, then don't watch.

And for those of you offended by the possible money made off of commercials, most if not all of the major broadcasters will be commercial free that day.
J. Burnaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2002, 04:30   #40
Shenlong
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Shenlong Send a message via Yahoo to Shenlong
Quote:
Originally posted by cmw6988
Its okay to greive when someone dies...but the media made it worse. Every fricken channel-BOOM explsion crash!. All fricken week. I dont know why they did that. I couldnt stand tv that day. The only channel I could watch was Nickelodeon. I hope they dont have memorials on every fricken channel.
Yeah, the only thing I got out of 9/11 was no TRL on MTV. Otherwise, it was just disturbing seeing the towers go down on every damn channel I could watch, no matter how life changing it was. And the replays months after...I had emotions for the people dieing and the people covering the news, but ONCE IS ENOUGH! You replay it 1000 a day, and you'll tear apart more people than the ones who have only seen it once.

And on Bilbo's note about us forgeting the past, I agree with that too. We never took very much serious action during the first attacts on the WTC, and Bin Laden was exsisting in Time magazines years before 2001.

A very close Japanese friend I knew a while ago once said to me "Watashi no koto wo oboeta, onegai shimasu...Yakusoku?"

I forgot his name though...
Shenlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions