Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Old 18th December 2010, 15:26   #1
Pbirv

Shoutcast Radio Stations Not Showing- "Genre Not Available"

Hello. I've been getting "Genre Not Available" on Shoutcast radio since yesterday, no matter what genre I enter, although the Shoutcast TV stations still show. Is it a problem on my end or a glitch with the system? Thanks in advance.
Pbirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 20:58   #2
Pbirv

Correction. That's "Genre load failed.... no stations available".
Old 19th December 2010, 21:24   #3
DrO

i've just tried it in the Winamp media library and also on the main shoutcast.com site and searching by genre appears to be working fine. where exactly are you going to access it or is this via a mobile device?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 21:29   #4
Pbirv

I opened Winamp right from my desktop screen and the "Genre load failed" is right there on the media library screen at opening.

I don't have a mobile.
Old 19th December 2010, 21:36   #5
DrO

i've got a feeling you're using the 'classic' interface as that's the only SC mode that allows me to get such an issue (once i enabled the view). i had been under the impression from reading through things a few months back that the classic view was or had been dropped (though i don't know how it relates to the view in the Winamp library).

-daz
Old 19th December 2010, 21:48   #6
Pbirv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
i've got a feeling you're using the 'classic' interface as that's the only SC mode that allows me to get such an issue (once i enabled the view). i had been under the impression from reading through things a few months back that the classic view was or had been dropped (though i don't know how it relates to the view in the Winamp library).

-daz
It was working fine Wednesday. This issue started Friday. If the classic view has been dropped, wouldn't that apply to the TV stations as well?
Old 19th December 2010, 21:54   #7
DrO

i really do not know (i can't remember the last time i personally used the view) so maybe it's a random serverside issue or maybe it is something that it meant to happen. until i can get a reply from the relevant people there's not too much else i can really say for the time being.

-daz
Old 19th December 2010, 21:58   #8
Pbirv

The Beta view works fine, but I've always preferred the classic view because I'd rather scroll down the list of stations than flip pages over. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Old 19th December 2010, 22:02   #9
DrO

that was why the classic view was left when the new one was rolled out though i really don't know what is or isn't the case with the view. will post back once i know what is going on.

-daz
Old 19th December 2010, 22:06   #10
Pbirv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
that was why the classic view was left when the new one was rolled out though i really don't know what is or isn't the case with the view. will post back once i know what is going on.

-daz
Thanks!
Old 20th December 2010, 13:47   #11
Pbirv

Just re-opened Winamp and the issue seems to have been resolved. Thanks again!
Old 20th December 2010, 14:25   #12
ujay
Forum King

I don't think the problems are with winamp itself, but with the Shoutcast servers or the script used to extract the genre info.

Problem usually comes in two forms

'Genre load failed'
'No stations available'

The ML couldn't get anything at all out of the Shoutcast server.

-------

'Genre Selection: 0-9 A B C ....'
'No stations available'

The ML is not getting anything out of the Shoutcast server for the particular search/genre request you have made.
This has been a complete mess for quite a while now, years even.

The first is unusual, the second is commonplace.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2010, 14:31   #13
DrO

something does seem somewhat screwy with things as just double-checked before going to report it and all is ok again. aren't servers just great, heh

-daz
Old 21st December 2010, 17:40   #14
Pbirv

Well it was working fine this morning, then after I did a restart on my PC, the problem cropped up again.
Old 21st December 2010, 17:58   #15
DrO

i'm wondering if there's a dodgy server(s) in the group somewhere with it coming and going.

-daz
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:02   #16
riverrat1515

i am having the same problem. hope this can be solved soon. I have never really used the beta one cause I always thought the original worked better.
riverrat1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:13   #17
SC_faisal
SHOUTcast (Alumni)

Where are you seeing this problem? IN what app? Where? Please provide more details as there are thousands of SC apps out there.

f.
SC_faisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:21   #18
DrO

it sounds very much like the classic view in the shoutcast radio view in the Winamp media library -> online services section (going by the mention of 'the beta one cause I always thought the original worked better' ) as there are still links in the views to switch between the beta and classic views.

-daz
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:32   #19
riverrat1515

yes it is in winamp.
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:39   #20
riverrat1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbirv View Post
The Beta view works fine, but I've always preferred the classic view because I'd rather scroll down the list of stations than flip pages over. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
i totally agree i like to scroll down the list also. and i'm sure were not the only 2 lol
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:44   #21
JeanPersil

Hello here to the community,

Pbirv wrote: 'The Beta view works fine, but I've always preferred the classic view because I'd rather scroll down the list of stations than flip pages over. I'm sure I'm not the only one.'

That's what i feel about the shoutcast implement in winamp, too. The classic view is nice to handle. So please, winamp guys, try what you can do for all the users out there like me.

Just to give another feedback, the shoutcast stationslist in the classic view is down since about Tuesday noon.

Jean
JeanPersil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:50   #22
riverrat1515

Well it seems to be working again now. Might be like someone earlier had mentioned that it was server side related. Well it's good to know that the classic view is still working. I really do not like how the beta works in winamp. It's a real pain havin to flip pages instead of just scrolling with the mouse wheel.
Old 22nd December 2010, 17:22   #23
JeanPersil

Yes its back again here, too!

Would be nice if someone of the well paid computer guys working at winamp or shoutcast could give a message in such a case of server trouble!

Well, I have the WA Pro-version (which I paid for) so I really appreciated some professionality towards clients.
On the other hand clients, also these ones with a Pro-Version, imagine, do become sick with all the advertisement coming along with the online services. Thats what I do for you winamp guys and your wallets.

Happy Christmas

Jean
JeanPersil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 22:32   #24
Pbirv

Classic's back here too.

Hopefully it won't go out again for awhile. That's twice in just under 1 week now that it's gone down.

I wish everyone a Happy Holiday season!
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:46   #25
SC_faisal
SHOUTcast (Alumni)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbirv View Post
Classic's back here too.

Hopefully it won't go out again for awhile. That's twice in just under 1 week now that it's gone down.

I wish everyone a Happy Holiday season!
Im pretty sure it wont go down again. It went down because of the API 1.0 (yp) shut down / sunset as per my earlier message. During that shut down, a config was passed thru that shouldnt have been.

All's well in the Winamp world now.

Cheerios.
f.
SC_faisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions