Old 10th June 2007, 14:06   #1
r4dius

Docked Toolbar and desktop alpha

Hi,
I know this is a known bug, when docking a toolbar while desktop alpha is activated strange things happen (the player disappears and we have to disable / enable destop alpha), why is this bug not solved yet ?
If there's no real solution why not just make winamp disable then re-enable desktop alpha if it was enabled, when docking and undocking something ?
Thanks
r4dius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 14:49   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Known bug? Says who? Where?

Which skin are you using?

I can't reproduce this behavior using Winamp Modern skin in docked toolbar mode with alpha-blending enabled.

What is the exact method of reproduction?

What's your Windows OS and Graphics card?

Are you using a clean install of Winamp 5.35 with no 3rd-party plugins?
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 15:09   #3
r4dius

Well it has been reported at least here http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....docked+toolbar
(and in the bug thread there's something saying to not report bugs with docking because it's known or something),
sorry I forgot to say there's no problem with the original modern skin because it has no alpha blending (I mean no real rounded borders sorry if it's not clear ^^)

Here's my skin as exemple (there's an Options window where you can enable / disable desktop alpha) http://r4dius.free.fr/SimpleX_031.wal
(you can see a difference on the borders when enabling / disabling desktop alpha unlike with winamp modern skin)
r4dius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 16:03   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hmm, interesting.
Yes, I can reproduce the problem with both your SimpleX skin and with the ClearOne skin (as used as the example in the other thread you linked to).

I can't reproduce it with any of these:
Multipass, D-Reliction, Kameleon, Winamp Modern

Though I suspect that's because none of those skins make use of alpha-blending.

I'm not sure how this bug passed me/us by, but thanks for bringing it to our attention again, and I'll see if there's anything that can be done to address/fix it for the next release (assuming it's not a coding/maki/script error in the skin itself to blame).
We shall see.

[Edit]

Yup. Bug confirmed, and fixed for the next release. Thanks.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports