Old 5th March 2008, 18:29   #1
TSquirts

weird problem

So today I go to open my winamp, pick a song and hit play and all it's doing is listing every song in my library really fast over and over again. There is no sound, nothing, that's all it keeps doing. I have no viruses, I did a full and complete scan .. but this is what keeps happening, I tried rebooting to no avail ... anyone??
TSquirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 00:06   #2
JonnyMac

Where are you picking songs from the Media Library or Playlist Editor? What do you mean by “all it's doing is listing every song in my library really fast over and over again”? Are the songs repeatedly added to the playlist or does the playlist repeatedly skip through the songs?

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 23:54   #3
dd_wizard

That sounds a lot like a playlist pointing to an empty or non-existant root music folder. Maybe you moved or renamed your music folder? I hope you didn't delete it!

dd_wizard
dd_wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 06:15   #4
Slapshot oi

I'm having the exact same problem.

I select the artist from the Media Library and the songs are loaded in the order that they should in the Playlist Editor. What TSquirts means is each listed track is highlighted as if the song was playing but the song is never played, so Winamp continues on to the next track and repeats the process.

I've found that the only way to remedy this is to rescan the root folder. My audio files are stored on a remote machine--I have administrative access rights on this remote machine--within my small LAN and I have auto-rescan disabled because it eats resources and is impracticable because my root folder and its children are rarely altered. And given that I have over 25GB of files, the scanning takes a while.

I am very careful on altering directory and file names and locations, and when I do make changes I always rescan. All I can think of is that the sheer size of media Winamp has to account for is too big for its filing system.
Slapshot oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 18:58   #5
Slapshot oi

Is anyone going to help or what?
Slapshot oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 21:33   #6
mdswaterone

I had the same problem. It will scan through every song in the library but wont play any. I went to my music folder and hit edit/select all and dragged the files to the audio folder in winamp. It now will play from the library. I think its related to moving or changing the folder.
mdswaterone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support