Old 1st February 2001, 19:09   #1
DumberThanDirt

Send a message via Yahoo to DumberThanDirt
Hi. See my name? I have downloaded winamp and can use the radio but when I downloaded free files from Lycos Music (about 5 of them) I couldn't find them anywhere. The indicator at Lycos confirmed the downloads. I tried all the Find features in Windows. I tried both *.mp3 and *.wav and the text find option with the name of one of the songs. I must be really missing something here. I have read all the information here, and ZDNet trying to see what I am doing but couldn't find anything on as simple a topic as the downloading of the music files. Please Help!!
DumberThanDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2001, 20:32   #2
Qaxar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Qaxar Send a message via AIM to Qaxar
You're not so dumb. I believe that you've downloaded those free, time limited demos. If so, they come as .wma files, so the searches you did wouldn't turn them up. They are time dependent and are only supposed to play for 14 days.

You should find them in the User cache that's set up in your browser. They'll have strange file names (like MU1ATP1L.WMA) You MIGHT be able to save them if you locate them there and copy them to a new folder that you can create for them if you want.

When you downloaded and installed Winamp, that should have included a WMA plugin, so you should be able to play them in Winamp. When you play them the real name will display in the playlist.
Qaxar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2001, 20:41   #3
DumberThanDirt

Send a message via Yahoo to DumberThanDirt
Boy am I lost!

Thank You Thank You Thank You. I wonder why I couldn't find that info anywhere? Is it just such common knowledge? I don't feel quite so dumb anymore tho. I should be all set now.
Barbara
DumberThanDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2001, 21:24   #4
Qaxar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Qaxar Send a message via AIM to Qaxar
You're welcome. Remember, there are no dumb questions. Each time you ask, you get a little more knowledgeable.
Qaxar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support