Old 29th August 2012, 07:00   #1
kbzona

Milkdrop... Still the King!

Well after trying many visualizers, including new Morphyre, i keep going back to MD...

It's still the king of visualizers.

Yeah you can argue and say, morphyre( or other new visualizers) has a more modern engine, more advanced techniques, 3d renders, etc..., but you can achieve similar stuff with milkdrop with a little bit creativity as shown by people like martin, flexi, amandio, etc..

For me comparing milkdrop vs more modern visualizers like morphyre is like... uhmm, comparing a tube amplifier vs a modern digital amp... Yeah, modern amps sound excellent and without flaws in sound, cleaner, etc, but you just can't beat the organic feel of tube amps, and thats exactly what i think of MD, is soo organic, smooth and has warmth feeling just my 2c

Long live to the mighty Milkdrop, and hope some day to see a MD3
kbzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 11:01   #2
ravermeister

Send a message via ICQ to ravermeister
I would not say that it is the King of Visualizers...
it was/is a Milestone in this Area,

But I Think VSXU for example is MUCH more advanced...
--> http://www.vsxu.com/

and Morphyre with all his features has really passed Milkdrop.
(have you tried Morphyre Pro, where you can Modify Scenes Live, and Add Videos etc.
to it? and get a lot of extra scenes from the Previous R4 Visualizer?
or the Personal Extra Version where you get really nice overlays, and can use your own
created Scenes?)

If you want to create really nice Presets in Milkdrop, you have to be much knowledge in Math and 3D Modelling. and furthermore deep knowledge about the inside of MD.
(the Official Documentation lacks many information)

dont misundersand me, I really like Milkdrop,
(I am the Creator of the Presets Pack on Soureforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mdpresetpack/)

but I know how much time and engagement the ONE Developer spent for creating
Morphyre (it has grown from Several Older Visuals, where first started one or two years
after Milkdrop). and I like the possibilty to create my Own Presets (Very Simple!).
So I will contribute further to Morphyre.

regards
Raver

lastfm.rimkus.it - last.fm Youtube Radio (buy me)
www.rimkus.it - Contact Music & More
ravermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 19:55   #3
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Oh yes, Milkdrop... Still the King!...
I know also R4, Morphyre and much more. To make it short, here I have an "exerpt" from "sabine_klare_aka_sternenmaschinebine_plugin_list_0006.txt" (from "04.08.2012") of my "Main Winamp" for You:

<< Visualisation plug-ins >>

Acidspunk II [Acidspunk2.dll]
Aeon [vis_Aeon.dll]
CLIMAX FOR WINAMP, © 2000 BY STND [VIS_CLIMAX.dll]
Geiss for Winamp [vis_geis.dll]
G-Force [vis_G-Force.dll]
MilkDrop v2.21 [vis_milk2.dll] [active]
Morphyre [vis_Morphyre.dll]
Nullsoft Mini-Vollbild v2.11 [vis_nsfs.dll]
Nullsoft Visualisierungsstudio (AVS) v2.83 [vis_avs.dll]
Plane9 v1.8 [vis_plane9.dll]
R2 vis Plugin - v1.56 [vis_R2.dll]
R2/Extreme WA2 (v1.60) *UNREGISTERED* [vis_R2Extreme.dll]
R4 -= r4.rabidhamster.org =- [vis_R4.dll]
RabidHaMsTeR's Bitchin' Vis Plugin #1 - v1.05 [VIS_Rabid.dll]
SoftSkies [vis_SoftSkies.dll]
Tripex2 [vis_tx2.dll]
Tripex3 (v3.12) [vis-tx3.dll]
WhiteCap [vis_WhiteCap.dll]
Winter Wonders [vis_WinterWonders.dll]

Morphyre from http://www.morphyre.com/ and Plane9 from http://www.soundspectrum.com/ are also very good, and I have 5 visualizations from "Soundspectrum"... http://www.soundspectrum.com/ These 7 visualizations work also in the very boring Windows Media Player...
But for me nothing is better than Milkdrop 2 (I think, Milkdrop 2 came out with Winamp 5.5 on 9th October 2007). Especially the Milkdrop 2 Presets of Martin are so great and fantastic... ★★★★★ I have currently 985 presets & 51 textures in the folder of all my Winamps (currently 12 Winamps on the same PC), and I will download further new presets & textures from here also in the future, of course. Some textures are directly from me (as 256x256 pixel and JPG). Some of my own textures are available in MySpace, Picasa and Facebook (I have named them, they sould be saved under the same picture-names). I had created them, too, when I had created new covers for my own music from my own photos in March & August 2012. I am very satisfied with them...
MD3 some day... It is a very good idea, maybe with Winamp 5.7+, Winamp 5.8+, Winamp 5.9+ or whatever in the future... It should never be given up, it should be continued, to enjoy the music also in the future... ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
My ♥♥♥♥♥ for and Milkdrop...
Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2012, 18:10   #4
kbzona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravermeister View Post
But I Think VSXU for example is MUCH more advanced...
--> http://www.vsxu.com/

and Morphyre with all his features has really passed Milkdrop.
(have you tried Morphyre Pro, where you can Modify Scenes Live, and Add Videos etc.
to it? and get a lot of extra scenes from the Previous R4 Visualizer?
or the Personal Extra Version where you get really nice overlays, and can use your own
created Scenes?)

If you want to create really nice Presets in Milkdrop, you have to be much knowledge in Math and 3D Modelling. and furthermore deep knowledge about the inside of MD.
(the Official Documentation lacks many information)
r
Yeah, i agree with you, VSXU and Morphyre are much more advanced, and to achieve similar results with milkdrop you need much knowledge, but as i said, i find Milkdrop more like a tube amp and VSXU/Morphyre like a soulless digital amp (LOL i like that comparison)

But in the end it's a matter of tastes and you have to choose what you like the most

And well, again, hope the dream come true and see a Milkdrop v3 in the future
kbzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop