Old 18th June 2012, 19:08   #1
Nirrti

How do you update Album Art?

I am returning to winamp after a long time of using craptunes. I guess my question is how do you update the album art. Some posts insinuate that there is a way. I am not sure if they mean there is a way without using winamp or using winamp. Whichever is the simplest would be preferable.

Unfortunatly when I last used win amp mp3 players did not have album art .
Nirrti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 01:23   #2
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

open winamp

add files into the playlist(or media library)

right click and click view file info then its in the artwork tab

easy.
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 04:40   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Nirrti,

What Rocker suggested may work if you have your files stored in separate folders by album and you want an image file in each folder and WA is able to download an appropriate image.

If that is not how you use album art (e.g. you embed art) or WA is not able to find a correct image, then you will need to do something else. There are fairly recent threads on this issue. I suggest you do another forum search. If you don't find an answer, post back explaining exactly what you want to do.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 14:20   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Due to the end of a contract, Winamp no longer downloads artwork. You will need to use 3rd party apps until this changes.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 19:27   #5
lilocowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Hi Nirrti,

What Rocker suggested may work if you have your files stored in separate folders by album and you want an image file in each folder and WA is able to download an appropriate image.

If that is not how you use album art (e.g. you embed art) or WA is not able to find a correct image, then you will need to do something else. There are fairly recent threads on this issue. I suggest you do another forum search. If you don't find an answer, post back explaining exactly what you want to do.
I have 2 suggestions.

1: I have used "MP3 Internet Renamer" to put album covers in the file itself, but if you do that it does make the file bigger. It is great for updating groups of MP3 files for an artist. It does not seem to be updated but still works for me and I do have OS Windows 7. Again the name of the program I use is MP3 Internet Renamer, not MP3 Internet Rename.

2: I have found that if you have the name of the album in the Album field in the ID3 Tag you can name the jpg file buy the album name and you should be able to have all your MP3 files and Album covers in the same folder. Now for me I have done what Aminifu said and put your files in different folders based on your albums. For years I have put the Artist as an album, then in that folder I created a folder (year) and album as a folder and then the mp3 files.

That is just me...lol Hope this helps.

NOTE: I added some pics of what I meant. Example of how I have my Albums ripped on my computer. I also added 3 different pics of an example how you can have multiple albums in the same folder and still have the album covers showing. The album covers are included seperately but in the files. It save space on the hard drives. I just google the artist and album and find the album cover I like (quality) and save it in the album folder with the MP3 files.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Example 1.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	49769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Example 2.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	49770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.jpg
Views:	989
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	49774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	49775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled3.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	49776  

Last edited by lilocowboy; 6th July 2012 at 20:34. Reason: Added Pics
lilocowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 19:36   #6
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
this is what i do:

..\artist\album\files.mp3

so, one folder per album. and inside that, one "Folder.jpg" and a copy of it. the image file is literally called Folder.jpg and it works with winamp and windows. the copy is just a backup, in case anything overwrites the main file, (like WMP, virus, etc). no need to embed if you don't want to.

there are programs out there that will just look for art, fix your metadata, etc...

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 17:18   #7
dynamicradio

I have been using Mp3tag to find album artwork. Do you think Winamp will get the ability to download artwork back?
dynamicradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 18:02   #8
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
not soon.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote