Old 29th November 2001, 23:00   #1
Duwop

Wad Up? (Skin reviews)

I been looking at the most recent skins that have been published for the past couple months & I've noticed that there have been no new skins (well, maybe one) recently published for quite a few days.
Wad up with that?
Duwop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2001, 23:07   #2
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Oddly enuff the reviewers dont work 24/7 publishing skins , they do have lives and stuff as well to get on with, skin reviewers help out on a volunteer basis for winamp.com, they don't get paid, they are not nullsoft staff, the only good part of it is you can brag to chicks at partys.

The first skin in the review queue tonite is dated 16th of October, we are a little behind due to the database fucking up, which to be honest happens more often than we'd like, but thats just life.When the db fucks up, that prevents us from publishing new stuff untill one of the lazy ass admin guys fixes it up.

Perhaps if some members of the general public didn't submit 100's of skinner.exe skins all based on the same theme then we could review them a bit faster, but winamp is a fun place, so all skins are gladly accepted.
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2001, 23:22   #3
Duwop

Well I didn't think the reviewer team were robots, or whipped into utter submission or anything like that. I just figured the database was screwed or "fucked" as you so rightously said it.
Oh yea, I very much agree about skinner. Seems like for every good skin there has to be 1000 skinner skins. Now that suxs. Guess I need
to be in the bitching forum for this one.
Duwop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support