Banned

My pc config:
MOBO:Asus A7s
PROS:Intel celeron pros
mem: 256mb
hd:60.4
sound card:genius sound maker sm32 pci audio accelerator

Problem with nullsoft global hotkeys v1.31
When I want to open this plugin (I have winamp 5.24 full) I get this message: Nullsoft global hotkeys has not been opened yet. Do you want to open? I click yes & I get this message: Please wait until the nullsoft global hotkeys opens & try opening this config window again.
Old 16th July 2006, 18:54   #42
Gardner

ipod synch bug

I use winamp 5.24 clean install, on windows xp x64 edition.
when I tried synching a playlist I made with my ipod nano, the media library view jumped to the "portables" view to start showing my the progress. However, after the first song was done with a %100, it got stuck, and I couldn't eject the device, as the winamp insisted that it was in the middle of a file transfer. The easiest way I found to get around it, was to close the winamp (or disconnect the ipod's cable by hand). After reconnecting the ipod, and launchign the winamp, no new songs were on the ipod - not even that first one who got to %100.

I tried to figure out what caused it, and I reached the conclusion the winamp doesn't like two songs with the same name, album and artist in their id3 tags. It is quite a rare occasion, but Johnny Cash's Live at San-Quantin show has the San-Quantint song two times in a row. The only difference, id3-tag-wise, is the track number. It's also the only difference in my filenames - "06 - San Quantin.mp3" and "07 - San Quantin.mp3". I tried several tricks around it - renaming the files did nothing to fix this problem. But changing their id3 tags did work. just adding a single character to either one just got both of them into the ipod without any problem.
I checked this bug also on itunes, and on foo-bar. Both other softwares didn't have any problems with two songs with the same title/artist/album id3.

Anyone else around here seen this kinda thing?
Old 19th July 2006, 10:52   #43
Inventive Soft

OK, with regard to my previous post in this thread, I removed all Winamp Media Library plugins bar the Local Media plugin, and that still makes it crash. To clarify what I'm doing... when I double-click on an Artist or Album in their respective views in the Media Library, or right-click to play or enqueue, it crashes with the error mentioned previously. The problem does not occur when the artist or album is selected, and the selection in the window below these is double-clicked, played or enqueued, which suggests a problem with the two sections that have the artists and the albums separate. No matter what new views I create in the library, with different media, the problem still happens. Hope this clears things up.
Old 28th July 2006, 15:41   #44
Inventive Soft

After actually uninstalling Winamp entirely and re-installing 5.21 and updating to 5.23 and then 5.24, the problem has mysteriously disappeared...
Old 16th August 2006, 16:44   #45
Sp3EdeR

Glitch:

WinAMP 5.24
Media Library; Local Media.

When an artist (Eighter as a folder name, or as a file name or ID3 Tag - don't know which one the plugin uses) has a "-" character in its name, for example: A-HA or Static-X, Media Library will cut off the name of the artist from the "-" character in the local media view. For example the upper artists would be: A or Static.

(A solution could be for the program to first try to read " - " instead of "-" from file/directory names. If that's not found, then "-")
Old 20th August 2006, 06:26   #46
Mircea Dragan

Audio CD play - stuttering

perating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp.050928-1517)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Mircea Dragan
System Model: Jabba The VIII-th
Motherboard:
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Windows Dir: G:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Video:
Card name: Radeon X1900 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: Radeon X1900 Series (0x7249)
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6614 (English)
------------------------------------------------------------
Sound Devices:
Description: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [A000]
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_20021102&REV_04
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: ctaud2k.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0402 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
HDD&DVD:
Drive: C:
Free Space: 122.4 GB
Total Space: 238.5 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: SATA II WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0

Drive: D:
Free Space: 238.4 GB
Total Space: 238.5 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: SATA II WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0

Drive: E:
Model: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109
Driver: g:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 5.01.2600.2180 (English), 8/4/2004 07:00:00, 49536 bytes

Drive: F:
Model: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-120S
Driver: g:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 5.01.2600.2180 (English), 8/4/2004 07:00:00, 49536 bytes
Winamp 5.24, professional fresh install.

When playing any regular audio CD in drive F (secondary slave) sound stutters horibly - pauses of about 1s and when playing sound is being distorted.

This does not happen when playing audio CD using drive E (secondary master) and winamp

This also does not happen when playing audio CD using F (secondary slave) and Windows Media Player

I believe the plug in involved is Nullsoft CD plug-in (CDDB2) v3.2 [in_cdda.dll]. Is annoying to me because the secodary slave is a slot drive not a tray drive and it is the one I mainly use for day to day operations. The other one I onlyuse it for burning.

Thanks for reading,

Mircea
Old 28th August 2006, 07:59   #47
jon_joy_1999
Major Dude

Location: The box under the stairs in the corner of the basement of the house half a block down the street from Jerry's bait Shop. You know the place.
Send a message via Yahoo to jon_joy_1999
Winamp 5.24 [edit] Default installation [/edit]
Windows XP Pro Sp2

Nullsoft Windows Media Decoder 3.21 [in_wm.dll]

Winamp hangs when seeking a paused WMA file

when playing a WMA file, pause it, then seek, when I stop seeking (release the posbar) winamp hangs
there is no hanging on any other file type, nor is there hanging when winamp is playing a WMA file

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Known & already fixed in 5.25 beta.

Last edited by jon_joy_1999; 28th August 2006 at 08:29.
Old 28th August 2006, 08:26   #48
electronX

Winamp 5.24, full installation
AthlonXP @ 1.6 GHz
- other things seem irrelevant -

in_wm.dll

When playing WMA files and having another application using the CPU on 100%, the sound gets stopped - it seems it can't (pre)process enough. I experienced it using a Delphi 2006 application & playing Puzzle Inlay @ zone.msn.com. I don't know if playing a 3D game what would happen. Using WMP 11 (beta) this problem doesn't exist, and playing mp3/ogg in Winamp also doesn't.

I think the default priority is too low, or other values should be adjusted for this plugin.
Old 28th August 2006, 14:33   #49
The Earthquaker

JTFE v. 0.97.7 (build 49) and AVS

-Sorry

Two days before I have installed
Jump To File Extra v. 0.97.7 (build 49) plug-in
followed by JTFE query
"...new version of JTFE is available..."
Since that moment, i experienced an issue -
I could not launch AVS visualization almost always
- not always, rarely it was successfully launched -
until I uninstalled jtfe from my computer.

Details: When I am trying to open an AVS window, winamp terminates.

Winamp v. 5.24 full
(with no additional plug-ins installed)

Now I will try to describe my hardware
System: Win'XP SP2 on P4
Audio: AC97 Realtek
Video: NVidia Geforce fx5700 ve, NView disabled

-

EDIT: I am checking maybe I had posted it incorrectly - does it belong to main page? Actually, jtfe v0.97.7 is Winamp 5.25 official plug-in.
Old 28th August 2006, 14:48   #50
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

I can't reproduce the problem in 5.25 beta (sorry, I don't use old 5.24 any more).

Note that it's JTFE 0.97.7h build 57 in 5.25 beta (not build 49).
Old 28th August 2006, 15:06   #51
DrO

*shrugs* why i bothered replying there (not to also forget the thread in the avs forum as well and now the beta thread post)...

-daz
Old 29th August 2006, 11:15   #52
3ngel

BUG in_dshow.dll v0.98b

Any audio input in 32bitFLOAT generates hiss and white noise. Any audio in 16bit works fine.
This problem isn't present in v0.97

PS: To test you can download ac3filter latest, set it to 32bitFloat and load an ac3
Old 19th September 2006, 14:51   #53
Biont

in_mp3

Am I the only one noticing it and reporting it? Winamp 5.24 does not show average VBR. I enable it, disable it (in_mp3 settings), and still I get jumping numbers in the kbps box.

P.S. I've had to reregister, because there was no way your forum would allow me to post anything under my previous username, telling that perhaps admin has suspended my account (although I haven't done nothing wrong) and I haven't found anything about it in FAQ.
Old 19th September 2006, 22:17   #54
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

re: account

prehaps it would be worth messaging an admin and asking whats up with a little more detail?

Old 20th September 2006, 19:20   #55
Biont

Perhaps it would be worth, if only my previous account would be able to post anything. It was completely disabled, always redirecting me to disability statement. I could go to control panel, change things, but I was unable to even send a private message to admin. The username was biont.
Old 20th September 2006, 19:50   #56
sebastianratz

in_wave title reporting

If advanced title formatting is disabled playing wav files results in the whole pathname beeing displayed as title in playlist.
That's pretty annoying.
This should be only the filename without extension as it was in in_wave.dll prior to version 3.
Old 20th September 2006, 21:20   #57
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

kiukaichi, the email address for that account was not confirmed. I can rename your current account to biont if you wish.

Old 21st September 2006, 05:03   #58
Biont

Oh, I see! Alright then, please rename kiukaichi to Biont (capital "B"). Thank you!
Old 21st September 2006, 08:38   #59
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Done.

Old 21st September 2006, 14:12   #60
Crys_RM

opening WAV files

Hi,

dunno if this has already been posted, but I did not find a related bug report yet:

Winamp 5.24 doesn't let me open *.WAV files from the default "file open" dialog box. WAV-files are simply not shown unless one selects "All files (*.*)"

(see the attached pic please)

cheers,
Crys
Attached Images
File Type: png openfiles.png (30.9 KB, 375 views)
Old 21st September 2006, 15:03   #61
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ Crys_RM

See here (from the FAQ)

Problems with 'All Supported Filetypes' in Open File Dialog
(eg. it either shows all extensions, or some supported types are missing)
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=238906

@ sebastianratz & Biont
sorry, can't reproduce either of those problems using latest 5.25 internal beta.
(5.24 is... sooooo old)
Old 21st September 2006, 15:13   #62
sebastianratz

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
[B@ sebastianratz & Biont
sorry, can't reproduce either of those problems using latest 5.25 internal beta.
(5.24 is... sooooo old) [/B]
I can even in 5.25

If "advanced title formatting is DISABLED the whole path is shown in playlist.
Old 21st September 2006, 15:25   #63
Crys_RM

Hi DJ Egg,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the hints written in the topics you posted do not solve my problem.
I uninstalled all "additional" plugins and removed all filetypes as shown there, but there's still no "WAV" support... :-/

Any further ideas?

cheers,
Crys
Old 21st September 2006, 15:46   #64
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Probably because you don't have WAV Support installed?
Is in_wave.dll even present? If yes, then is WAV selected in its config?

@ sebastianratz

Okay, I've reproduced it now. Looks like I had wav associated with in_dshow instead of in_wave (in_dshow support is loads better, heh). But yeah, when wav is associated with in_wave, and atf is disabled, then drag+dropping a wav file into the pledit results in the full path & filename being displayed, instead of just filename.

[edit] fixed. thanks [/edit]
Old 21st September 2006, 15:56   #65
Crys_RM

I just uinstalled WA 5.24 and installed WA 5.2 to test. No other changes were made by me.

With this older version, "WAV" still does not show up in the scroll-box, but at least the WAV-files are selectable again in the fileselector, which is not the case with 5.24. So are you still sure that this is no bug in the recent version?

cheers,
Crys

EDIT: Yes, of course in_wave.dll is present and the regarding filetype (*.wav) is activated. (I never changed the settings and just kept updating WA itself over the time.)
Old 21st September 2006, 22:05   #66
Crys_RM

Ok, I did some more tests. I'm quite sure now that it must be a bug that has been introduced from 5.23 > 5.24.
For my tests I made two separate installations of v5.23 and v5.24, one after another while completely uninstalling the former installation to avoid any interferences. I used exactly the same options in the installers and checked that both installations had equal settings in the options set.
I created a "Winamp Test" folder and put two WAVs there. The attached PNG shows the "open file" dialog of both versions.

cheers,
Crys
Attached Images
File Type: png winamptest.png (37.2 KB, 389 views)
Old 21st September 2006, 22:14   #67
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

The only change from 5.23 to 5.24 was a security fix in in_midi.dll, nothing else.

I can't reproduce the problem in latest 5.25 beta (see screenshot)

so at a guess, it's something to do with your supported extensions going over the 260-char limit, as outlined in the faq post that you already said you'd seen & tried... but maybe you need to remove a few more extensions...?

Also try temporarily disabling the 3rd-party musepack plugin, just to see if that's got anything to do with it.
Attached Images
File Type: png wav_ofd.png (27.8 KB, 371 views)
Old 22nd September 2006, 07:57   #68
Crys_RM

Okay, I'll try...
Btw, would it help if I simply delete some standard in_*.dll's for formats I never use, too?
Old 22nd September 2006, 11:28   #69
BugMaster

@ DJ Egg
What about making such thing as I suggested here?
Old 27th October 2006, 18:19   #70
redbar0n

I have the exact same problem as Inventive Soft had.

In addition after installing winamp 5.3 there is a bug in the playlist, namely every song i select will get the name of the song at the top of the playlist. However, when i play the song, it will get it's regular name... Weird

"Crying is for little girls, babies, and men who just had their ears ripped off." - Thumb Wars
Old 27th October 2006, 19:11   #71
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

5.24 is no longer supported. Please don't revive old threads.
Start a new thread in Tech Support instead.

Your 'titles' problem is caused by using an old version of the 3rd-party (and unsupported here) Drag+Drop plugin. Get the latest version here.

Also note how Inventive Soft says above that his ml crashing problem disappeared after doing a clean install, further proving that it wasn't our bug.

And also note that (as of writing) the latest version is 5.31, not 5.3

Closing this thread.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports