Old 22nd February 2001, 15:54   #1
brf_rich

When is the Final Version of Winamp 3 coming out?

This version sucks, It doesn't even work.

Aight.

Old 22nd February 2001, 16:04   #2
Matt
Banned

It will be out when it is out. It's an alpha, do you know what that means. It's not finished and wil have bugs in.
Old 22nd February 2001, 16:50   #3
Anders Rasmussen

You might have found this answer if you have been around a little longer, this subject has been massively discussed around here...
Old 22nd February 2001, 17:19   #4
Delirium Tremens

Alpha 4 is all what we have for now. And it's better than nothing (even if it doesn't work )
Old 22nd February 2001, 18:34   #5
schweitn
Winamp3 Component Guuuru
Beta Team

Send a message via AIM to schweitn Send a message via Yahoo to schweitn
OK - So what in the world was so important about that question...?

Half of this entire forum is filled with:

So when will the final version be out?
So when will the next alpha be out?
So when will there be any stable betas?

So when will you all stop flooding this forum with questions that have already been asked?

Just because you post a new topic with Important Question does not mean that one of the developers is going to read it and then decide to answer it after he has read it - especially when he sees that it is a stupid repeated question!

For a change, lets start posting intelligent topics to this forum like, workarounds to bugs that you've found, locations of new plugins that people have written, locations of cool skins that you've found.

Maybe even start a thread where people who already have bugzilla accounts will volunteer to post their email address so people can email them bug reports that they will then post to bugzilla! What a concept!

But until that sort of intelligent thing goes on, read existing threads FIRST to see if your question has already been asked before posting! Odds are it is already there, and maybe there is already an intelligent answer.

OK - I'm done and will take down my soap box.
Old 22nd February 2001, 21:22   #6
brf_rich

yeah but when is winamp3's final release date?
Old 22nd February 2001, 21:25   #7
Real Candicious

Send a message via AIM to Real Candicious
Dude, I can't believe you even asked that question..again. Prepare for the burning of a lifetime.
Old 22nd February 2001, 21:28   #8
Real Candicious

By the way, the thread below yours on the thread list page is asking the exact same question.
Old 23rd February 2001, 05:46   #9
carlito_au

Send a message via ICQ to carlito_au Send a message via AIM to carlito_au Send a message via Yahoo to carlito_au
NOW I AM PISSED OFF......... TOO MANY THREADS ABOUT THIS!!!!!!

listen Junior... heres some advice....

DONT POST THIS QUESTION AGAIN!!!! IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF READING IT IN EVERY DAMN THREAD IN THIS FORUM!

ok.... i think i have relesed some of my anger now

also if u post this question, then every one will hate you......... well i wont be too impressed anyway
Old 23rd February 2001, 11:50   #10
lin_sook

so.. uh... whens the final release date? haahhaha
na just playin.
Old 23rd February 2001, 12:44   #11
LlamaBoy

Send a message via ICQ to LlamaBoy Send a message via AIM to LlamaBoy Send a message via Yahoo to LlamaBoy
dude, you missed it...

Where have you been? The final version of WinAMP 3 came out months ago I've been running it on my Quad Pentium 10GHz machine.
Old 23rd February 2001, 15:30   #12
Someonebutnotme

I'm telling you. I think that this part of the forums, should not allow people that have just registered. Requirement of at least 2 months, and a certain amount of posts to other parts of the forum. These people must have an IQ somewhere in the negative range. At least there is some sort of competence (spelling?) on bugzilla.

Old 23rd February 2001, 18:28   #13
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

heh, well, think of it like this, at least you dont have to mod them all.

CraigF
Old 23rd February 2001, 19:30   #14
LlamaBoy

Send a message via ICQ to LlamaBoy Send a message via AIM to LlamaBoy Send a message via Yahoo to LlamaBoy
I would agree... but then *I* wouldn't be allowed in this part of the forums... and I'm an experienced user. Although every now and then I add to these *pre-exisiting* threads with some sarcasm just because these people are silly who keep asking when the final version will be out... blah blah blah.

btw, I'm now enjoing WinAMP 4 on my Quad 10.5GHz system )

are we there yet? the llama is getting restless...
Old 23rd February 2001, 20:34   #15
Real Candicious

Winamp4 on a Quad 10.5 GHz? Come on people, join the 26th century. *mutters* 10 GHz, the trash people will put up with these days.
Old 23rd February 2001, 21:20   #16
Someonebutnotme

Dude, you only have a 10ghz machine? I'm using the new AMD Athlon 2.5 thz (terahertz) machine. It's not that fast, but hey I can deal with it. I'm also using that new graphics card does does holographs, so very life like.

Old 24th February 2001, 04:04   #17
Jeskar

Send a message via ICQ to Jeskar
Meanwhile, I run Windoze on something constructed from a few twigs and some tin foil. At least the speakers are good.
Old 24th February 2001, 16:12   #18
Real Candicious

Windows XP 3000 I hope?
Old 24th February 2001, 16:42   #19
wazzupthevorta

i don't wanna know when it'll be out, i just wanna know fi when it is out will it be an insane waste of RAM like it is now, and will it tak e a half an hour to start up. i've said this before and i'll say it again, untill winamp3 is as fast as winamp 2.72, i'm not switching, i have the version and i am testing it, but i still use 2.72 when i don't feel like wasting time and sys resources (i'm still not in the 26th century with your terahertz computers yet although i'd expect that the way they've been advancing i'll get to use one of those in my lifetime, not in the 26th century)
Old 25th February 2001, 05:33   #20
sgtfuzzbubble011

Heh... You guy's puters suck. Mine has 142 main processors running at 750ehz (exahertz) each. I've got 42 banks of 64 RAM cards each with 12 terabytes of memory on each card. I'm not even gonna tell you 'bout my video card...

Oh yeah... I have 32 crystal drives instead of those crappy things that you like to call "hard drives".... Mine have a seek time of 3^-42 picoseconds and have more space than you can shake a llama at.

...and I'm running Windows 5000 Pro.
Old 25th February 2001, 06:03   #21
Trainer NIU

I have you guys all beat. My machine is running 500 3 ehz processorss in serial fashion. I am have 9000 terquads of RAM and a wopping 120,000 Terabytes of optical storage. I am running Windows XP 5000 with a 65" plasma display on a 100 terabyte GeForce graphics card. It is finally capable of simulating a human brain and can process a command before you even know what the command is!
Old 25th February 2001, 06:55   #22
Jay
Moderator Alumni

are you nutz, Last week I bought a 1.5Chz (Centi-) computer.

Damn sometimes when I start winamp the carpet catches fire. Anyone know if upgrading to Windows4000 fixes the desktop panview option? My wall screen seems to glitch with Windows 3098fe, and I am about to get the four-wall attachement, they say it will take 3 hours to transport. Can you believe this. Service sux these days.
Old 25th February 2001, 07:10   #23
LlamaBoy

omg

lol... did I start all this nonsense? well, i guess you can trace the blame all the way back to the release date question or whatever... but still... it's quite an accomplishment

btw, anyone else here a Trillian user? the latest 0.63 beta combined with the Whistler skin really whips the llamas arse... 0.63 isn't a public beta yet though...
http://www.trillian.cc
Old 26th February 2001, 09:07   #24
brf_rich

yeah...but when is it going to be released

the normal people want to know
Old 26th February 2001, 23:18   #25
El-LoCo
New Winamp
Rocks Army (Alumni)

Do some research. Don't be an idiot. Don't be lame. Don't ask the same questions 2837 times. I get so upset, I want to write down a lot of very nasty words, but then I'm pretty sure someone will spank me.

NOW PLEASE READ AND/OR SEARCH THE FORUMS FOR INFO -BEFORE- ASKING ANY QUESTIONS, HOW HARD CAN IT BE?!"()¤!"#%&"#

</rant>

This thred will be closed due to public demand inside my somewhat schizto head. And I don't even think I could spell that right or complete the word if I tried. So I just don't. hah.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion