Send a message via ICQ to Dr Snark
http://www.crosswinds.net/~bleckbust...eenShot-KA.gif
i Know its ugly and gawdy, not done, but give it to me
Old 2nd May 2001, 16:54   #2
Dr Snark

HELP

DONT CLICK THERE

it will cause major damage to your computer, resulting in cunvulsions, and a major headache

Old 2nd May 2001, 17:40   #3
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Well, except for the fact that the link is broken, and the server popped up eighteen windows, I experienced no problems.
Old 2nd May 2001, 17:43   #4
Dr Snark

i

I have to find a new web server, hopefully SOON!
i really waned to show you my Skin Really !!!!
Old 2nd May 2001, 18:01   #5
will
Nullsoft Newbie (Moderator)

hmm. when you consider all the great skins like kjofol, diablo pentigram, stonecruser, desertamp, aurigav, wmp etc you think where are the not so good skins? Here! (just kidding )

DO NOT PM ME WITH TECH SUPPORT QUESTIONS
Old 2nd May 2001, 18:11   #6
Dr Snark

I hope this is it!

http://www.geocities.com/snarkhead20...eenShot-KA.gif
Old 2nd May 2001, 18:20   #7
Dr Snark

i hate FREE WEB SERVERS THEY SUCK

this sucks

I can't show a simple Picture
SCREW IT!!
Old 2nd May 2001, 18:37   #8
Real Candicious

Send a message via AIM to Real Candicious
Here's some links to help your cause.

http://httpd.apache.org
http://www.sambar.com/

No banners. No space limits. No one telling you what you can't have on it. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?
Old 2nd May 2001, 18:43   #9
Spoonman

Cool down, Snark. Everyone, all you have to do is right-click on either link and do a Save Target As (or whatever the equivalent is in your browser). Then open the gif in your favorite graphics program. Worked for me.
Old 2nd May 2001, 18:55   #10
Dr Snark

Ok

but i Will be going to a FULL Server sortly.

This is a Pain in the old keister

Please tell me if the interface looks crappy.

if it looks like hell, I will not finish it, i have other ideas that will knock your socks off

Old 2nd May 2001, 19:04   #11
Dr Snark

Apache is a Web server,

i have a Dial-up, how would that help me?

plus, AnalogX's Simple Server is the way to go if you want to set up a web server, its a small program and you can get it up and runnning in under 2 minutes!!!

ive seen it on Tech TV all you need is a Static IP and a fast connection and you have a web server

Old 2nd May 2001, 20:19   #12
Cameleon73

Here is some (i hope constructive) criticism on your skin:

[1] it's pretty big. That's not necessary a bad thing, but I don't think most people want WinAmp taking 1/4 of their screen (@ 1024x768!)

[2] it's smooth. That too isn't a bad thing, but in combination with your choice of colors and the 'bulky look' of the skin it results in a toyish look.

[3] the text on the buttons could look a lot nicer when it seems to be 'carved out' (emboss function in a lot of gfx programs) or just give it a small dropshadow. Try experimenting with it a little (you can also try making up meaningful symbols instead of a lot of text). Personally I'm not a fan of the Comic Sans MS font, but that's just me.

[4] by far the best part of the skin are the two dark blue spheres and the buttons themselves: they have a nice 3D look (unlike the red connecting cylinders). Only one thing: try to position the time a little lower (so that it is centered in the sphere)

[5] there is a lot of empty space left. I don't know what your going to do with all that space (below the songtitle, the two cylinders and the (probably transparent?) triangle. I presume the volume slider is going to be placed there somewhere, but what about the rest of this empty space?

[6] show the importance/function of the buttons in their size/shape: currently your buttons are all equally sized and shaped; but you really want to make some distinction: the Open button is much more 'important' than for example the crossfade button. Their functions are totally different too: the crossfade (and repeat/shuffle) button is a switch, the open button is an 'action button' (a switch shows the current state it's in: ON/OFF, action button is a button with a specific action). I certainly would make (at least) that distinction clear in the shape/color/animation of the button.

My advice (if you want to go on with this skin): scale it down (to 50%-70% of the original), work on the buttons and add some more detail (textures!).
Old 2nd May 2001, 21:10   #13
Dr Snark

Thank you

Thankj you, i know it loos UGLY so im going to Trash it and do anoher project. Thank you for your support,

Peace out..
Old 2nd May 2001, 22:33   #14
Real Candicious

Send a message via AIM to Real Candicious
Re: Apache is a Web server,

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Snark
i have a Dial-up, how would that help me?

plus, AnalogX's Simple Server is the way to go if you want to set up a web server, its a small program and you can get it up and runnning in under 2 minutes!!!

ive seen it on Tech TV all you need is a Static IP and a fast connection and you have a web server

I know lots of people that run web servers from dial up. It's not a whole lot different than any other connection unless you're getting hits constantly.
Old 3rd May 2001, 00:05   #15
Lepre41

Send a message via AIM to Lepre41
Re: Thank you

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Snark
Thankj you, i know it loos UGLY so im going to Trash it and do anoher project. Thank you for your support,

Peace out..
yeah, I think you made the right decision. It was too boxish and clunky that by the time you made it look and feel aesthetic you would of had a completely different skin.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion