Old 29th July 2010, 01:58   #1
OpenWave

Issue with Station on Android Phone

I'm not sure this is phone specific or platform specific but I'll describe the details the best I can.

I have an Android Google Nexus 1 phone and I use Xiia Live to stream (issue occurs on other streamers as well), it works great %95 of the time but when I save a station and listen to it it often works but sometimes when I click on that station it plays a different station.

Ex. I click on the station I saved or go to a particular station, say station "X" it plays, but when I stop the station and attempt to play the same station it plays station "Y", I stop the stream and try again, again "Y" plays, stop the stream, try again, finally "X" stream plays!

Play the station I want "X"

STOP

Play same station but "Y" station plays.

STOP

Try again, several times, finally "X" station plays.

Sorry I couldn't describe it better. I don't expect a solution really but why a station with a fixed address like http://104.100.... would play a different station, usually the same different station.

Any guesses?

This issue never occurred before the recent change with ShoutCast.
OpenWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 10:20   #2
nradisch

OpenWave,

I've seen similar problems with the SHOUTcast iPhone app. When you "save" a station, most likely it's saving the station ID, which is a magic number used by the SHOUTcast database. If the station's server goes down, even for a brief moment, it gets assigned a new ID when it comes back up and contacts the SHOUTcast database.

Usually the symptom is that a saved station won't play with some sort of error like "URL not found", but it could just as easily play an entirely different station if the saved ID is now assigned to someone else's station.

--Neil
nradisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 22:52   #3
monsoonradio

Send a message via Yahoo to monsoonradio
I also listen to my station on xiia live and I have a motorola droid. I use the light version of xiia live. I use the browser Skyfire and I pull up my station and just bookmark it. This has worked fine for me. My station comes up everytime I refer back to it.
Dont know if this helps or not but it works for me.
monsoonradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 23:13   #4
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Send a message via Skype™ to Brutish Sailor
having the same problem with my phone. I thought it was because I modded it, but I guess not.

KNSJ.org 89.1 FM San Diego
Brutish Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions