Old 30th April 2011, 13:36   #3001
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Do phones like that synchronize with MS Outlook? I really hate constantly editing stuff in more than one place. I've only had flip-phones, so I'm not familiar with smart phones. I used to have a Palm PDA which would synchronize with Outlook, and that was very handy.

Don't forget to live before you die.
Old 30th April 2011, 14:36   #3002
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
My iPhone and iPad sync contacts, calendars, email and notes with Outlook. There's a setting for it on iTunes.

Old 30th April 2011, 15:42   #3003
MrMagick
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to MrMagick Send a message via AIM to MrMagick Send a message via Yahoo to MrMagick
Android market has an app for it. By default android phones sync with gmail.

-~MrMagick~-
Old 30th April 2011, 18:23   #3004
cooky560
Major Dude

Send a message via MSN to cooky560 Send a message via Yahoo to cooky560 Send a message via Skype™ to cooky560
Dinner, it was tasty

Cooky560 - Making Pointless Posts since 8/12/ 2002

WWW.
Victory Requires no explanation, defeat allows none.
All that Evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing
Old 13th May 2011, 00:58   #3005
fc*uk

Dr. Martens 50th anniversary black 1460 boot. Went all the way to Toronto to get them...

Okay, fine I was there (Toronto) for other reasons, but actively sought out the Dr. Martens store so I could pickup a pair. Me being so close to a dr. martens store for an entire year is going to be quite lethal to my finances. Already saw at least three more pairs I want. I've only got 10 or 11 pair, spanning 14 years...

Clepto? Who? Me?

Old 13th May 2011, 01:12   #3006
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

So is that the original style?

Old 13th May 2011, 01:26   #3007
fc*uk

It is and is not. It's a pebble leather with gold lining and shoelace eyes. The laces are also capped in gold. nota bene: gold = brass.

The red 1460 is actually the original style (smooth red leather with a rubber z-stitch sole (ie, Jones' avatar). These are not a far cry from that. They are also some of the select few to be made in England (MIE). After getting this made in England pair after all these years of the China ones I'm not ever getting anything else again. The made in England shoes simply fit better and have a better build quality.

Not that I have a complaint about the China ones. Well, I do, actually. I can still wear my original brown 1461's that were MIE's from 14 years ago. The China ones last about 6-8 years. Not that 6-8 years is bad, but it's sure not 14+ and counting.

I've got a pair of the China originals; need a pair of the MIE originals.

I also spotted a 1461 MIE yellow shoe, which I need. I like color, or colour....

edit: I've done massive edits to this post, so just read it again
Old 13th May 2011, 09:35   #3008
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ A Shoe Whore!!!! ♥
Old 13th May 2011, 10:47   #3009
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
I own two pair of shoes, and one of those pair haven't been worn in 6 years.

Old 13th May 2011, 11:20   #3010
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^
Old 13th May 2011, 11:27   #3011
fc*uk

I'm a total shoe whore. Don't know how it happened really. Like most things, probably started at a young age

SSJ4, sounds like you need more shoes.
Old 13th May 2011, 11:40   #3012
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
I have dress shoes, work shoes (which are dress shoes that i let get a little more beat up before replacing them), sneakers, sandals, and casual? shoes (they're brown and are kind of like sneakers but aren't, if that makes any sense).

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
Old 13th May 2011, 11:52   #3013
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc*uk View Post
I'm a total shoe whore. Don't know how it happened really. Like most things, probably started at a young age

SSJ4, sounds like you need more shoes.
No thanks, I'll stick to my boots.

Old 13th May 2011, 16:12   #3014
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
For the longest time, the only footwear I ever wore for years on end were boots: Condor/Tru-Spec, tan, suede, desert combat boots...

After I went to Albuquerque last year to visit my cousin, she kind of pressed a more flexible fashion image on me...On top of my boots, which I still very much wear, I also own four pairs of Converse One Star shoes: Three slip-on DX oxfords (Faded black/black, grey/white, and my favorite khaki/white) and one laced DX oxford (White)...Actually, the khaki, grey, and white shoes I had to buy in women's sizes, because those styles that I liked were only offered in that gender at Target, but Converse shoes are like uni-sex anyway...They can be made to work with any outfit I have, between the spectrum of uber-tough and uber-dapper...

...although I wear the khaki pair way more than any other pair, so it kind of defeats the purpose of having that many Converse shoes, leaving me essentially only wearing two pairs of footwear...I wonder if subconsciously, it's because my khaki Converse shoes bear a certain similar cast as my desert combat boots...Hmm...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 14th May 2011, 19:31   #3015
Icegravez

The last thing i bought was Chicken and Brocoli from the chinese place down the road. It was yummy
Old 14th May 2011, 22:50   #3016
rockouthippie
Banned

A new power supply. I was asking a little much of the 450watt one that I was using. Piff! Replaced with a 700 watt coolermaster.
Old 14th May 2011, 23:12   #3017
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Whazzat for, ROH?
Old 14th May 2011, 23:23   #3018
fc*uk

ROH bought a power supply for his computer.

I bought an induction surface. Going to be booted outta my house soon and I refuse to cook on an electric coil range for the next year. So, induction surface it is...
Old 14th May 2011, 23:52   #3019
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ Neat. I'm a Gas Burner junkie. You can make an itty-bitty flame for cooking. prrrrrrrrrr
Old 15th May 2011, 00:55   #3020
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Propane? Or won't that be an option?

Old 15th May 2011, 09:58   #3021
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

We are on LIPA, here. Some places on L.I. do have propane. Usually beach, or small cottage homes. I have friends who have Propane Grills. We get the "Man of the house" to light the Grill. I'm too chicken to do that. I'm getting better at some of that stuff, though.
Old 15th May 2011, 13:56   #3022
fc*uk

Never really thought about those small propane burners to be honest. My only initial thought would be the likely hood of finding the propane canisters in foreign countries.

Gas range .... I've got a story about that... though this should really go in the bitchlist. I hate michigan, I hate my house and just about everything in it, and I can't wait to gtfo.

The reason(s):

So, seven years ago my wife graduates from medical school in Chicago and she lands a residency in detroit. Not the best of all places, but you can do anything for seven years, right? The last two years out in Chicago I landed a gift horse of jobs. Obscene amount of money for doing what I do. Everyone knows you don't look a gift horse in the mouth, so I took the money and saved it. The reason why I bring it up is that was the downpayment for the shit hole house in michigan my wife and I bought.

Nine months after moving in the house floods. Drain tiles around the home are all carp. The sellers did not disclose any flooding. Shit. People (professionals) come out to assess the situation and all of them say the house has flooded before. What? I go talk to the neighbors. Neighbors remember the previous owners bailing water out of the house and even helped. Huh?

We sue the fucker as not disclosing known flooding is illegal. It cost us 15k to fix the drain tiles/sump/refinish the downstairs again. Lawyer fees cost us another 10k. Money awarded to us when the previous home owner was found guilty of fraud? 4k. Huh? Fuck the legal system in this country. Sure as hell is anything but just anymore.

Shortly there after, our oven in the house cracks the second cheese cake I have made in it. For those that don't know, cheese cakes crack due to poor mixing, uneven heating and cooling. I've made cheese cakes before and always mix and cool them the same way and they never cracked. So, it's the oven. First time I thought it was a fluke. Second time not so much.

So, I want a new oven, really want gas, but there is no gas line running to the kitchen. thought about doing it, then decided it was not worth the money/investment for the short amount of time we were going to be in the house. So, I got the best ceramic surface range I could find. I would have liked gas and still prefer gas, but I do have to admit, this range has been damn nice. It's even both an oven and convection oven...

Fast forward. World economy crashes. Oops. Detroit automakers realize they have had their heads shoved up their ass for too long, are in debt, and need to fire everyone. Oops. People can't find jobs and start leaving. The housing situation here gets worse. The number one business in the state becomes the rental of various flavors of moving vehicles. People are leaving the state, no one is coming in.

Fast forward. My wife is done with residency, applies for a fellowship, and lands one in Toronto. We have to sell our house. Saying we are upside down on it right now does not even do us justice. The housing market in the area is even worse.

House lists as a short sale and we find a buyer offering a paltry amount of money. They say they will only take the house if it comes with everything in it. MY OVEN! Add to that they want the side loading washer and dryer we bought that are not even a year old. They want my stainless steel grill, the patio furniture, landscaping lights. WTF? That's easily 8k of my crap that I am just going to give them for free? Pfffft.

Bank denies the short sale because it's for too little money. Well, at least I get my shit. Bank is set to foreclose on the house around about the exact same time we need to leave for Toronto. The banks reason: your wife is going to be a doctor soon, trust us you can afford to pay us. Sure. And that half million medical school debt? Asshats. We will not be earning enough over the next year to pay for a place in Toronto and pay our mortgage for the dump in Michigan.

I'm gutting this place. By law I have to leave the furnace and hot water heater, and that's all the bank is getting. Anyone want some stuff? Just a quick drive to Michigan. You eat what you kill; oven included.

I hate this state. I can't get out of here soon enough.
Old 15th May 2011, 15:31   #3023
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^ That SUCKS! Oh, what happened with your dogs? Is that ok, now?
Old 15th May 2011, 16:16   #3024
fc*uk

Let's just say we have found a way for the dog to come with us. No way in hell was I going to part with him.
Old 15th May 2011, 20:18   #3025
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I hope things turn out well for you whatever happens.

Old 16th May 2011, 08:57   #3026
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

So, those Boxers are going with, eh?
Old 16th May 2011, 16:07   #3027
Accessory Geeks

I've bought my Samsung Captivate a little while back now, but I've purchased some more toys since then.
I've bought a car mount for my cell phone, so I can use it as a navigation, while I am driving. It works great! It has two ports, one for USB and another for a charger. It plugs into your cigarette AC adapter and it is perfect for phones with a GPS, since you can charge your phone and listen to music at the same time.
Old 17th May 2011, 09:54   #3028
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

I started taking Prozac a couple months ago, but stopped after a month because it totally fucked with my ability sleep. Honestly, I rather be depressed all the time than only sleep two hours a night. No withdrawal symptoms at all, however, probably because I wasn't using it long enough. I think I'll just stick to the herb.

This is a sig of some nature.
Old 17th May 2011, 12:20   #3029
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^You could try P* A* X* Blah L 10mg every other day. It has a less "speedy" effect, while, working well for some individuals ( or ******, Luxor and the list is long) *shrug* Or herb
@AAq...They should have brought you down( or off) very slowly so you would have minimum side effects.

Last edited by Widdykats; 17th May 2011 at 13:41.
Old 17th May 2011, 12:33   #3030
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

Pad Thai from the local Noodle Box near work, great lunch

http://www.noodlebox.com.au/assets/pdf/NBX_menu.pdf
Old 17th May 2011, 22:14   #3031
Psythik
Got his CT back
and didn't pay $10
(Forum King)

I'm actually eating Pad Thai right this very moment.

This is a sig of some nature.
Old 17th May 2011, 22:24   #3032
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
2 12 packs of HEB Root Beer.

There is no sig.
Old 19th May 2011, 16:26   #3033
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Portal 1 on Steam. Beat the main game, but haven't started the other stuff yet. The computer handles it in 1080p without a problem.

Old 19th May 2011, 17:22   #3034
cooky560
Major Dude

Send a message via MSN to cooky560 Send a message via Yahoo to cooky560 Send a message via Skype™ to cooky560
Lunch

Cooky560 - Making Pointless Posts since 8/12/ 2002

WWW.
Victory Requires no explanation, defeat allows none.
All that Evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing
Old 19th May 2011, 17:54   #3035
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4 Gogitta View Post
Portal 1 on Steam. Beat the main game, but haven't started the other stuff yet. The computer handles it in 1080p without a problem.
Isn't it free anymore?
I got it when it was but didn't even make it through the main game. I just can't be bothered to put much effort into games.
Old 19th May 2011, 18:51   #3036
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I can! But only if it involves men!
Old 20th May 2011, 00:06   #3037
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post
Isn't it free anymore?
I got it when it was but didn't even make it through the main game. I just can't be bothered to put much effort into games.
$9.99.

Bought a case of ten .50 BMG M8 APIs. Because I could. Once fired military USGI brass using surplus sized projectiles.

There are some other rounds I want to get, but they're a LOT more expensive (and for those, I only want 1 of each).
.500 Nitro Express, .577 Tyrannosaur, .585 Nyati, .600 Nitro Express, .600 Overkill, .700 Nitro Express and a .950 JDJ.

Old 20th May 2011, 00:11   #3038
fc*uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdykats View Post
So, those Boxers are going with, eh?
No, I told you, he's a Jumbo Poodle (I bought him a poodle suit and told him he must always wear it for a year.

Not to pick on you SSJ4, but armor piercing rounds. Really? I know you did it because you could. But really, for people aside from you, what's the real legitimate use for that?

So, let me get this straight. Anyone can get armor piercing rounds to kill law enforcement people, but I got a list of places I can't take my dog because he's going to kill people? I call bullshit.
Old 20th May 2011, 00:13   #3039
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc*uk View Post
No, I told you, he's a Jumbo Poodle (I bought him a poodle suit and told him he must always wear it for a year.

Not to pick on you SSJ4, but armor piercing rounds. Really? I know you did it because you could. But really, for people aside from you, what's the real legitimate use for that?

So, let me get this straight. Anyone can get armor piercing rounds to kill law enforcement people, but I got a list of places I can't take my dog because he's going to kill people? I call bullshit.
All firearms are legal in the state of West Virginia. I just want them because they're awesome. And admit it, when a round has the word "Tyrannosaur" or "Nitro" in it, of course you'd want it.

Old 20th May 2011, 00:17   #3040
fc*uk

I agree with you. Hell, I would probably do the same if ever confronted with the opportunity.

However, we are not the real market for stuff like that if for nothing more then we would be little more than one off buyers as you described above. That's my overall point. The real market is the bad guys and it's perfectly legal to put it in their hands.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions