Old 11th May 2010, 19:39   #1
Kyroy

Shoutcast under Dabian, Playlist

Hello,

i have a webradio with somd DJs which are streaming via Virtual dj. Its all no problem. But i want to have a Playlist or autoplay when no DJ is streaming.
Is it possible to make it that it automatically starts when no dj is playing? maybe after some minutes?
if not, no problem, then i wanna know, how to start it manually.

Thx for your answers
Kyroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 01:37   #2
fc*uk

Yes, this is possible, but then you DJs would have to deal with kicking a source for the server and logging in before the source reconnects.

Basically, you can connect the source (sc_trans) and have that stream music from a playlist. You setup sc_trans to attempt to reconnect every 30 or so seconds if it ever loses the connection or gets kicked by one of your DJs. When a DJ wants to have a go at it, then the DJ logs into DNAS, kicks the current source, and connects their VDJ source. When the DJ is done, they disconnect their VDJ source and the original sc_trans source should connect within 30 seconds...
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 06:26   #3
Kyroy

may you can say me, where to get it or you have a tutorial how to do this?
Kyroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 18:01   #4
hackerdork
Forum King

allergonaut

It has happened to me on VBR mp3 files (variable bit rate). I used CBR at 128kbps 44100hz for my playlist with 600 mp3 files and it never does that now ...

~ According to the ship's log we're down to our last 3000 vomit bags.It'll never be enough.
search the forums! don't PM me on how-to, or ask me to setup you system. you do it so you learn.
hackerdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 21:17   #5
nradisch

There's a much nicer way to do this. If you have the DJs connect *through* your sc_trans, then the sc_trans will automatically revert to it's primary playlist when no DJ is connected.

--Neil
nradisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions